Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Leni Riefenstahl Film Discovered

New Leni Riefenstahl Film Discovered

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Re: New Leni Riefenstahl Film Discovered

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXez7J1Rmcw
    I don't know which is sadder..you comparing his speech to Hitler's..or, a single camera compared to a film maker like Riefenstahl.

I am embarrassed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    I don't know which is sadder..you comparing his speech to Hitler's..or, a single camera compared to a film maker like Riefenstahl.

I was wondering when one of the Circle would post this.
    C.H.U.D.

What an embarrassing joke this guy has become as a presidential candidate. The polls are reflecting it and will continue to do so.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    What an embarrassing joke this guy has become as a presidential candidate. The polls are reflecting it and will continue to do so.
    What is embarrassing is your foolishness. Even the right can't complain about Obama's trip to the middle east, etc.

Embarrassing:

1. Maliki endorsing Obama's plan
    2. Rice negotiating with Iran...oops, doing exactly what Obama said..DIPLOMACY

Who said anything about Hitler? I merely point out that there is a major propaganda campaign going on, and you make a leap to Hitler? What is wrong with you?

And anyway, he doesn’t sound anything like Hitler….more like Lennon. John that is.

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions (this will be more than just imagination soon)
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Hitler..c'mon...stop bsing. Who did Leni film?

This is the typical..we didn't say..nword, black..code words like welfare moms.

Propaganda....and obama is different than Mccain in that respect.

Yes.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Yes.
    Agreed.

With props to Charles Krauthammer:

Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most memorable work is a biography of his favorite subject: himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls3TD1-3i1Y

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Yes.
    Agreed.

Shocking.

Yes.
    Agreed.

Shocking.
    I think I like that pic almost as much as Shermy napping at the combine.

Hmm...like this piece of propaganda?

Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most memorable work is a biography of his favorite subject: himself.

Do you really wanna go down that route? What did Bush do prior to becoming president?

1. Mediocre student
    2. Failed businessman
    3. Addict
    4. Nothing significant as gov.

bush is the ONLY politician who would EVER orchestrate a photo-op!

Do you really wanna go down that route? What did Bush do prior to becoming president?

1. Mediocre student
    2. Failed businessman
    3. Addict
    Who's talking about Bush? Typical ploy of a propagandist.

1. Mediocre student
    2. Failed businessman
    3. Addict
    Who's talking about Bush? Typical ploy of a propagandist.
    Um, who strayed from propaganda to experience? You did.

bush is the ONLY politician who would EVER orchestrate a photo-op!

For you to compare a hunting photo with Bush's is high comedy.

Pols on the campaign trail do all sorts of that stuff...prez don't.

Embarrassing:

If you look at what Maliki & Obama are calling for in detail, it almost indistinguishable from what McCain proposes. The main difference is in their rhetoric and attitudes.

Maliki is riding a wave of Iraqi nationalism, the Iraqi people want to hear that the U.S. can leave very quickly.

Obama is stubbornly sticking to his stance that the U.S. was wrong to invade Iraq, and therefore anything we do there is evil. He refuses to acknowledge that recent efforts (which he opposed) have had dramatic humanitarian payoffs. No wonder he is so wildly popular among Europeans and blame-America-first leftists.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Embarrassing:

If you look at what Maliki & Obama are calling for in detail, it almost indistinguishable from what McCain proposes. The main difference is in their rhetoric and attitudes.

Maliki is riding a wave of Iraqi nationalism, the Iraqi people want to hear that the U.S. can leave very quickly.

Obama is stubbornly sticking to his stance that the U.S. was wrong to invade Iraq, and therefore anything we do there is evil. He refuses to acknowledge that recent efforts (which he opposed) have had dramatic humanitarian payoffs. No wonder he is so wildly popular among Europeans and blame-America-first leftists.
    Dramatic humanitarian efforts? I agree we have worked hard to turn this debacle around but I think the ethnic cleansing of all the major hoods in Baghdad, mixed or otherwise had more to turning the tide than more troops did. The shit had gone down and borders were set. Violence in Iraq is still high but the stories just don't have the "draw" that they used to.

I'm just tired of all the same BS campaigning that has started again....all soft fluff and no hard decisions. Hopefully that will change when and if we get to see an actual debate.
    C.H.U.D.