Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Microsoft CEO sets benchmark as "Apple experience"

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    MS copied? Proof?

When you both steal from the same place..you are bound to wind up looking pretty similar.
    Details escape me, but Windows regulary incorporated apple innovations with slight variations. I remember, sonny, but I just can't remember.
    Well, pardon me if i don't trust your memory.

But, incorporating innovations isn't copying. Or will you take apple to task for copying alt-tab?

I think maybe HH was referring to Microsoft's GUI (graphical user interface) that was taken from Apple's OS and incorporated to upgrade Windows 2.0. (which really was taken from Xerox)

MS won this case. I disagree at the court's premise that a graphical interface was the only way to do it.

When somebody came up with a derivative of Windows through open source (e.g., Lindows OS back in 2001-2002), the MS legal team was dispatched post-haste.

HH, if I "ass"umed too much into your post, my apologies.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    MS copied? Proof?

When you both steal from the same place..you are bound to wind up looking pretty similar.
    Details escape me, but Windows regulary incorporated apple innovations with slight variations. I remember, sonny, but I just can't remember.
    Well, pardon me if i don't trust your memory.

But, incorporating innovations isn't copying. Or will you take apple to task for copying alt-tab?
    What about the spotlight like searching in Vista? Tiger had that first. What about the poorly executed expose rip-off? Expose has been around since 10.5.2. Why did the Zune and Zune store come out?!?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    If Apple isn't intersted in the battle they will never win the battle. And if they never win the battle they'll never be the power that Microsoft is, or even close to it.
    THEY DON'T WANT TO BE. YOU CANNOT BE THAT BIG AND HAVE GOOD QUALITY. THAT IS THE POINT. THEY MAKE OODLES AND OODLES OF CASH.
    So Apple cares more about making good products than making more money?

Yeah. Sure.
    For having 3% market share yet making 25% of the profit of MS, that is pretty damn good. For one, growing too fast can be detrimental to business, profits, quality control, etc. Secondly, if they wanted to be the leader they'd sell their stuff cheaper. From Steve's mouth they are a hardware company first, and a software provider second. That fact alone shows that they're not in competition with Microsoft at all.

Based on stock growth and cash on hand, Apple has virtually nothing to worry about anytime soon. They're doing just fine and growing quite rapidly.

Do you think BWM or Maserati are competing with GM?!?!?
    More bs from the dipshit....you put the profit as equal to MS...yet, they aren't making that huge profit in the pc division..that comes from other products.
    What difference does it make? We're comparing companies...

If Apple isn't intersted in the battle they will never win the battle. And if they never win the battle they'll never be the power that Microsoft is, or even close to it.
    THEY DON'T WANT TO BE. YOU CANNOT BE THAT BIG AND HAVE GOOD QUALITY. THAT IS THE POINT. THEY MAKE OODLES AND OODLES OF CASH.
    So Apple cares more about making good products than making more money?

Yeah. Sure.
    For having 3% market share yet making 25% of the profit of MS, that is pretty damn good. For one, growing too fast can be detrimental to business, profits, quality control, etc. Secondly, if they wanted to be the leader they'd sell their stuff cheaper. From Steve's mouth they are a hardware company first, and a software provider second. That fact alone shows that they're not in competition with Microsoft at all.

Based on stock growth and cash on hand, Apple has virtually nothing to worry about anytime soon. They're doing just fine and growing quite rapidly.

Do you think BWM or Maserati are competing with GM?!?!?
    More bs from the dipshit....you put the profit as equal to MS...yet, they aren't making that huge profit in the pc division..that comes from other products.
    What difference does it make? We're comparing companies...
    WHat difference? Umm, then your statements like..3% and making 25% of the profit aren't valid. You dont' compare automakers to software companies do you?

? HOFer
    The point is Apple is making money hand over fist. They make it in several different fields. Microsoft is making their money in Zune and crappy Winmo phones as well don't forget .......

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean
    I think maybe HH was referring to Microsoft's GUI (graphical user interface) that was taken from Apple's OS and incorporated to upgrade Windows 2.0. (which really was taken from Xerox)

MS won this case. I disagree at the court's premise that a graphical interface was the only way to do it.

When somebody came up with a derivative of Windows through open source (e.g., Lindows OS back in 2001-2002), the MS legal team was dispatched post-haste.

HH, if I "ass"umed too much into your post, my apologies.
    I think this was the first time somebody in the thread give a legit reply without showing a lack of class.

Props to you, DD.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

The point is Apple is making money hand over fist. They make it in several different fields. Microsoft is making their money in Zune and crappy Winmo phones as well don't forget .......
    Of course that is your point NOW. Must be nice to constantly shift your argument.

MS is barely involved at this point in zune and phones.

You the discussion was about computers..now you switch to other products.

Should i crow about the Xbox and apple not being a player in the gaming field.