Thread: Hang gliding

Hang gliding

I have an opportunity to do paired hang gliding as part of a group. I'm a little petrified but hate the idea of being meek about things. I just happen to like life and most of my limbs. Should I do it anyway?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Sounds like tandem skydiving. Risky, but you'll most likely live through it.

Go for it, MJZiggy! It sounds like a challenge but a lot of fun. Do it while you are still young.

Then I should have done it 10 years ago!!

Rand, it's a safety course followed by being lifted to 2500 ft. and released with an instructor.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This should help you feel better.

LINK

Sky dive......it's safer. I used to hang glide in my youth and shit can go south fast and it is very, very difficult to recover. Now I have never tandem flew so if the instructor played it very cool you should survive......
    Give us a web link or something to research this outfit.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Then I should have done it 10 years ago!!

Rand, it's a safety course followed by being lifted to 2500 ft. and released with an instructor.
    Sounds like the course I had once in hang gliding. Serious though, I was scared shitless. If you look at those hangliders up close, there's not a lot of 'there' there - and being up 2500 feet with nothing between you and the ground, hanging from some thin metal tubes mixed with parachute material at the mercy of every frickin' breeze - with some quasi-memorized instructions for how to deal with 70mph updrafts.... yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    This should help you feel better.

LINK
    Lake canoeing it is!!

After viewing Madtown's LINK, I have to retract my advice about "Going For It.
    Lake canoeing or quilting bees sounds a little safer.

I'd still say 'go for it' ..............I'm going 'soaring' this fall, in Vermont. It's the 'over 50' thing.........each day is a good thing.