Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that get to you

People that are fake... appear to be something they're not.

Self-righteous posters

Re: Little things that get to you

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    What are some little things that get to you?
    Co-workers that will expend three times the amount of energy in avoiding doing a task compared to the energy it would take to actually DO the task.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Drivers who brake for half of a block, then actuate their directional signal halfway through a turn.

Being behind that certain person in the line at the grocery store that waits until the receipt is totalled to begin filling out a check.

I have a similar one: people who confuse their, they're, and there.

Or ones who type "common" to say "come on".

When it takes an equal amount of energy to be nice, or a dick, and people choose to be dicks.

Police officers with unnecessary attitudes (lots in VA, not so bad in WI).

Spoiled sports fans who think they had something to do with their team's success (Cubs fans).

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Balloon headed interns who look a gift horse in the mouth.

Black people driving cars.
    Oh suck on it Skin. My company gets me at a bargin rate. Once college is done and I have a degree I can double my rate easily.
    What does that have to do with complaining about your company not giving you your daily juice box and snack? Or are you cranky because they also skipped nap time?

I guess I should have been more articulate and expanded the compass of my statement to, "employees who expect their company to act more like their parents than their employer."

Believe it or not, this doesn't just apply to you. You simply complained about something that fell into this category. Although, after your comment about being a bargain, or bargin as the case may be, maybe my original statement was on target after all.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Oh suck on it Skin. My company gets me at a bargin rate. Once college is done and I have a degree I can double my rate easily.
    Yep, they will pay double for candidates who are poor spellers.

No little things ever bother me.

If it bothers me, it automatically ISN'T a little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker

Does the media bother you?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker

Does the media bother you?
    Damn Straght! I guess that makes it a BIG thing, though.

Apologies to Ballhawk for piggybacking quotes .

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Yep, they will pay double for candidates who are poor spellers.
    But they will pay for people who have experience in flex and j2e

? HOFer

What does that have to do with complaining about your company not giving you your daily juice box and snack? Or are you cranky because they also skipped nap time?

I guess I should have been more articulate and expanded the compass of my statement to, "employees who expect their company to act more like their parents than their employer."
    That's true. But, to be fair, when it happens 80% of the time and the day of the week they skip is for the most part totally random, its difficult to plan for. The solution would be to publish a schedule, do it everyday, or not do it at all.

That's true. But, to be fair, when it happens 80% of the time and the day of the week they skip is for the most part totally random, its difficult to plan for. The solution would be to publish a schedule, do it everyday, or not do it at all.
    Your lack of professional experience is showing again.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    People on this forum that create massive quote box chains.
    I agree completely. MTP can change the settings so that multi-quote does not work.

People who post a thread and then reply to themselves, often time multiple times in a row (see pg 2 of this thread)
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Your lack of professional experience is showing again.
    Ummm.... saying its a good thing turned bad when your company provides you with breakfast so frequently due to 60 hour weeks that it has become a waste of money to eat before going in yet one day a week you get screwed over and find yourself hungry? Do you work for a big compajy?!?

Programming blows. Learn dynamic languages too. By the time you get out of college, Java will be the new COBOL--which isn't a bad thing for job security. It will be the language that is uncool to code, but will be hard to get rid of.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Programming blows. Learn dynamic languages too. By the time you get out of college, Java will be the new COBOL--which isn't a bad thing for job security. It will be the language that is uncool to code, but will be hard to get rid of.
    I like programming. I'm thinking about starting to look at Ruby on Rails as my boss keeps saying "Its an open source world", but I don't foresee flex going anywhere in the web app world anytime soon. Flash apps are soooooo pretty.

Groovy kicks Ruby in the balls.

Programming is fun, but after you do it for 10-12 years you'll probably get bored like most of us--and wish you worked as a Park Ranger or something.

Ummm.... saying its a good thing turned bad when your company provides you with breakfast so frequently due to 60 hour weeks that it has become a waste of money to eat before going in yet one day a week you get screwed over and find yourself hungry? Do you work for a big compajy?!?
    To even suggest that they are going to publish a schedule, do it everyday, or not do it at all...That shows your lack of real world experience.

Big Company: You don't work for a big company. My experience: Disney, Siemens Westinghouse, Blue Cross blue Shield, Harcout Brace Jovanovich (before they just became harcourt), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Groovy kicks Ruby in the balls.

Programming is fun, but after you do it for 10-12 years you'll probably get bored like most of us--and wish you worked as a Park Ranger or something.
    C'mon...with partial's winning personality..i'm sure he will be project manager.

P.S. I agree with you on programming..or really anything technical. Becomes routine very quickly and it gets tiring always having to "update" your skills.