Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that get to you

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

Ummm.... saying its a good thing turned bad when your company provides you with breakfast so frequently due to 60 hour weeks that it has become a waste of money to eat before going in yet one day a week you get screwed over and find yourself hungry? Do you work for a big compajy?!?
    To even suggest that they are going to publish a schedule, do it everyday, or not do it at all...That shows your lack of real world experience.

Big Company: You don't work for a big company. My experience: Disney, Siemens Westinghouse, Blue Cross blue Shield, Harcout Brace Jovanovich (before they just became harcourt), etc.
    Actually, I work for a pretty big company. But again, nothing can compare to you.

They decided to email a schedule out to everyone. So much for Ty knows best hey?

The only company up there that I would think off the top of my head that is bigger than mine is Disney.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    But they will pay for people who have experience in flex and j2e
    Programming blows. Learn dynamic languages too. By the time you get out of college, Java will be the new COBOL--which isn't a bad thing for job security. It will be the language that is uncool to code, but will be hard to get rid of.
    Out of curiosity, what is going to take the place of Java? It has such a stronghold! Java is just growing and growing as far as I can tell. Especially with web-apps becoming the new big thing. Java is free, boatloads of documentation, tons of quality app support, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Ummm.... saying its a good thing turned bad when your company provides you with breakfast so frequently due to 60 hour weeks that it has become a waste of money to eat before going in yet one day a week you get screwed over and find yourself hungry? Do you work for a big compajy?!?
    To even suggest that they are going to publish a schedule, do it everyday, or not do it at all...That shows your lack of real world experience.

Big Company: You don't work for a big company. My experience: Disney, Siemens Westinghouse, Blue Cross blue Shield, Harcout Brace Jovanovich (before they just became harcourt), etc.
    Actually, I work for a pretty big company. But again, nothing can compare to you.

They decided to email a schedule out to everyone. So much for Ty knows best hey?

The only company up there that I would think off the top of my head that is bigger than mine is Disney.
    What is the name of your company?

You are pretty clueless if you think your company is the size of SW.

sched: of course they did...you just chose to announce it on saturday.

? HOFer
    Mondays: AM DELIVERY
    assortment of sodas and juice (approximately 35-40)
    fruit tray (pineapple, melon) and some whole fruit (apples, bananas etc.)
    PM DELIVERY
    pretzels and popcorn

Tuesday: AM DELIVERY
    Mini bagels with assorted cream cheese for 35 people
    Assortment of juice and water for 35
    PM DELIVERY
    Veggie Tray and dip for 35 people

Wednesday: AM DELIVERY
    fruit tray (pineapple, melon)
    trail mix

Thursday: AM DELIVERY
    Muffins and Sweet Breads

PM DELIVERY
    variety of chips and candy bars

Friday: AM DELIVERY
    fruit (apples, pears, bananas, grapes)
    granola bars

Ty, you're a jag. Siemens is a big company, but their westinghouse brand? I can't even find revenue for it.

Do you go to bed at night telling yourself that you're the shit? Or where does this massive ego come from? My god, you just always have to be #1. You've got the biggest cock, the best body, and are the smartest, best worker in the world! I hope your parents are ashamed that they raised such a cocky assbag.

? HOFer
    According to Career Builder, my company has more employees than Siemens Power Generation about 20%.

jeez lets just whip em out and see whose is bigger

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by falco

no shit right. It's pretty sad when Ty, a 40 something has to compare cocks with a 22 year old. My parents always told me by about 30 you're supposed to learn that you're not better than anybody else and only douches feel the need to brag. Evidently Ty never learned those lessons

With all the bragging going on, i think the rest of us will need to attempt to not laugh as they are whipped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

no shit right. It's pretty sad when Ty, a 40 something has to compare cocks with a 22 year old. My parents always told me by about 30 you're supposed to learn that you're not better than anybody else and only douches feel the need to brag. Evidently Ty never learned those lessons
    so that gives you 8 years partial.... don't fuck it up

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool

With all the bragging going on, i think the rest of us will need to attempt to not laugh as they are whipped out.
    Hey man I'm closer to driving a a Rav4 (v6) than a mac truck, but Ty has gotta be pu putting around in a geo metro or something because the dude clearly has issues with being wrong/outdone.

Blog Entries
    Pet Peeve is unfriendly people; when passing on the street people should have their head up and give you a friendly nod or say hi.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Hey man I'm closer to driving a a Rav4 (v6) than a mac truck, but Ty has gotta be pu putting around in a geo metro or something because the dude clearly has issues with being wrong/outdone.
    You're having this discussion in the "little things" that bother you thread???
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

People that end sentences with so.

People that say fustrating or supposively/supposubly...also irregardless

People that sit in the right lane and wont let people merge from on-ramps (this should be punishable by death IMO)

People using lol and rofl (should be stricken from every lexicon)

People that sit in the right lane and wont let people merge from on-ramps (this should be punishable by death IMO)
    You must live in Minnesota. I think it's a Scandinavian thing....passive aggressive.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

also irregardless
    I heard Chris Matthews say this the other day. Irregardless of my feelings for the man, I was shocked that a guy who is paid to talk on T.V. used the word.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Also punishable by death should be the 85% of people who seem to have forgotten that it's your responsibility to adjust to traffic when coming off an on-ramp. Seems that everyone's too busy checking their Blackberry these days to merge properly.

Add to that people who don't use the 1 and 1 rule when merging two lines into one at stadiums. They don't seem to realize that being a cock is still going to get you parked right next to the person you just pissed off by acting like there's only one parking spot left in the south lot.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

People that end sentences with so.

People that say fustrating or supposively/supposubly...also irregardless

People using lol and rofl (should be stricken from every lexicon)
    ROFLMAO

People that block intersections or driveways in traffic.

People that order food and say"do" as in" Ill do the fish and chips" and "Ill do an Iced Tea"
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Also punishable by death should be the 85% of people who seem to have forgotten that it's your responsibility to adjust to traffic when coming off an on-ramp. Seems that everyone's too busy checking their Blackberry these days to merge properly.

Add to that people who don't use the 1 and 1 rule when merging two lines into one at stadiums. They don't seem to realize that being a cock is still going to get you parked right next to the person you just pissed off by acting like there's only one parking spot left in the south lot.
    Yesterday I was the only car merging. Its a 6 lane and there was no one within 1000 feet of this car in either direction. They were exiting the highway in a mile so there's no fuckin way they were going to move over 1 lane or slow down/speed up even though the on-ramp is like 1/8th of a mile and they could see me coming for ever. This is not a rare occurrence. Traffic here is nothing even at the busiest times of day.

Yesterday I was the only car merging. Its a 6 lane and there was no one within 1000 feet of this car in either direction.
    Then it should have been easy to merge in front or behind him, no?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial