Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that get to you

Speaking of merging……..once a flight lands, it would seem rather obvious the most efficient method to get passengers off the aircraft is to wait your turn and, in an orderly manner, get out of your seat and quickly walk off the jet.

The people who for some reason think they can get ahead of the line should be institutionalized for their stupidity. I am not opposed to body checking in this circumstance.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    also irregardless
    I heard Chris Matthews say this the other day. Irregardless of my feelings for the man, I was shocked that a guy who is paid to talk on T.V. used the word.
    I LOLed.

People using lol and rofl (should be stricken from every lexicon)
    Oooops, sorry.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

People who drive too fast and too slow bother me. The "too fast" people definitely put themselves and others at risk.

The "too slow" people who drive 10+ miles below the speed limit are almost as hazardous as the fast drivers because everyone is trying to get around them.

I cringe when I think of my 84 year old mother-in-law who still is driving. Though most of her driving is to the grocery store and church in her small Oregon town, she does drive about twice a month to the Portland Metro area. I doubt she drives anywhere near the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    People who drive too fast and too slow bother me. The "too fast" people definitely put themselves and others at risk.

The "too slow" people who drive 10+ miles below the speed limit are almost as hazardous as the fast drivers because everyone is trying to get around them.

I cringe when I think of my 84 year old mother-in-law who still is driving. Though most of her driving is to the grocery store and church in her small Oregon town, she does drive about twice a month to the Portland Metro area. I doubt she drives anywhere near the speed limit.
    george carlin once commented that a person's opinion of someone while driving was as follows:

people going faster than you - fucking maniacs
    people going slower than you - fucking assholes

its all in perception i guess

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    People who drive too fast and too slow bother me.
    I'm on the opposite side of the coin.....the drivers that bother me are the ones who will be in a line of cars averaging, say 70 m.p.h., and feel like life's not worth living unless they are traveling 71 m.p.h. The next ten miles are spent with them in the passing lane of a four-lane highway with them barely passing the cars in the right lane, all the while holding up 10-12 cars behind them that would like to drive 75 m.p.h.

Jesus H. Christ, couldn't you just reduce your speed 1 m.p.h. and let the passing lane be for cars that actually are PASSING you?

Speaking of merging……..once a flight lands, it would seem rather obvious the most efficient method to get passengers off the aircraft is to wait your turn and, in an orderly manner, get out of your seat and quickly walk off the jet.

The people who for some reason think they can get ahead of the line should be institutionalized for their stupidity. I am not opposed to body checking in this circumstance.
    Unfortunately it seems the elderly are the most to blame for this. They have an unnatural fear of being left behind for dead or something and are always the one's trying to board before their zone or not letting people ahead of them deplane before they amble their old decrepit ass up the aisle.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket

Unfortunately it seems the elderly are the most to blame for this. They have an unnatural fear of being left behind for dead or something and are always the one's trying to board before their zone or not letting people ahead of them deplane before they amble their old decrepit ass up the aisle.
    Hmmm....it seems to me that the ratio of idiots trying to get to the front of the cabin to deplane generally is in direct proportion to the amount of extraneous crap that they've managed to stuff in the overhead storage.

People who also hold up the line (and security lines for that matter) because they are too lazy to check bags and have carry-ons in three different overhead bins also fall into that category.

? HOFer
    Add to that people who don't use the 1 and 1 rule when merging two lines into one at stadiums. They don't seem to realize that being a cock is still going to get you parked right next to the person you just pissed off by acting like there's only one parking spot left in the south lot.
    Oooo, that is the worst. That might take the cake. People do that all the GD time.

Who's been to the convenience store lately and gotten behind the person that will purchase scratch-off tickets, stand at the counter and scratch them off, then trade in the winners for more scratch-offs?

OMFG. The convenience store is like a convention for people who piss me off. Have you ever seen someone at the convenience store buying doughnuts and a soda with FOOD STAMPS?????

That's why I don't go anywhere near there unless I'm traveling.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Out of curiosity, what is going to take the place of Java?
    It will lose its market share, but it won't be replaced. That's why I said it will be like COBOL. There are so many huge, backend applications that use COBOL. Applications that would cost a fortune to replace. COBOL programmers are set until retirement (our company is looking for MORE COBOL programmers for our huge, old backend application). People will predict Java's demise, but it will hang around for a long time--although at some point it's going to lose market share.

Yesterday I was the only car merging. Its a 6 lane and there was no one within 1000 feet of this car in either direction.
    Then it should have been easy to merge in front or behind him, no?
    Right I had to either accelerate or decelerate when the moron had 2 lanes open to his left.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    It will lose its market share, but it won't be replaced. That's why I said it will be like COBOL. There are so many huge, backend applications that use COBOL. Applications that would cost a fortune to replace. COBOL programmers are set until retirement (our company is looking for MORE COBOL programmers for our huge, old backend application). People will predict Java's demise, but it will hang around for a long time--although at some point it's going to lose market share.
    I simply don't see that happening any time soon, though. If anything I'd think its growing. Why do you think its going to begin fading away when the web is just getting rolling and Java plays such a crucial role in web development??

According to Career Builder, my company has more employees than Siemens Power Generation about 20%.
    Yet, we don't see you posting the name of your company.

Who said anything about power generation.

Quote Originally Posted by falco
    jeez lets just whip em out and see whose is bigger

no shit right. It's pretty sad when Ty, a 40 something has to compare cocks with a 22 year old. My parents always told me by about 30 you're supposed to learn that you're not better than anybody else and only douches feel the need to brag. Evidently Ty never learned those lessons
    Dude, when did i ever compare. You asked if i had worked with big companies..i responded.

You must work in financials. They aren't using vis cobol?

I simply don't see that happening any time soon, though. If anything I'd think its growing. Why do you think its going to begin fading away when the web is just getting rolling and Java plays such a crucial role in web development??
    I love Java. I've been a Java developer since 1998, but something always comes along. Right now, nothing has really gotten the buzz to replace it. Eventually, there will be. Then, there will be something that replaces that. The nice thing about Java AGAIN is that I don't see it completely going away. Just like COBOL is sitll around--20 years after people started predicting its demise.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    According to Career Builder, my company has more employees than Siemens Power Generation about 20%.
    Yet, we don't see you posting the name of your company.

Who said anything about power generation.
    From Wikipedia:
    Siemens Power Generation, Inc (SPGI) is a power generation company based in the United States. Run by the German Siemens AG Corporation and formerly considered Siemens Westinghouse, SPGI was formed by the acquisition of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation by the Siemens power generation division. Siemens Power Generation, Inc. has a large number of offices and plants in the United States including Orlando, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fort Payne, Alabama, and Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Alpharetta, Georgia as well as Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and overseas. Siemens Power Generation, Inc. also runs the Siemens Westinghouse Competition, an international science and technology competition. The organization went through a name change in August 2005 from Siemens Westinghouse to Siemens Power Generation, Inc.

I don't feel the need to have everyone know where I work. What if a coworker posts here too? Who knows. Regardless, if one was truly motivated they could figure it out.

? HOFer
    I love Java. I've been a Java developer since 1998, but something always comes along. Right now, nothing has really gotten the buzz to replace it. Eventually, there will be. Then, there will be something that replaces that. The nice thing about Java AGAIN is that I don't see it completely going away. Just like COBOL is sitll around--20 years after people started predicting its demise.
    I agree it will eventually go away. I don't think in the next few years thats a concern, though. I'll always go where the highest rates are and keep contracting around milw and chicago unless somebody offers me some big bucks for a manager/director spot eventually.