Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Little things that get to you

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    According to Career Builder, my company has more employees than Siemens Power Generation about 20%.
    Yet, we don't see you posting the name of your company.

Who said anything about power generation.
    From Wikipedia:
    Siemens Power Generation, Inc (SPGI) is a power generation company based in the United States. Run by the German Siemens AG Corporation and formerly considered Siemens Westinghouse, SPGI was formed by the acquisition of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation by the Siemens power generation division. Siemens Power Generation, Inc. has a large number of offices and plants in the United States including Orlando, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fort Payne, Alabama, and Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Alpharetta, Georgia as well as Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and overseas. Siemens Power Generation, Inc. also runs the Siemens Westinghouse Competition, an international science and technology competition. The organization went through a name change in August 2005 from Siemens Westinghouse to Siemens Power Generation, Inc.

I don't feel the need to have everyone know where I work. What if a coworker posts here too? Who knows. Regardless, if one was truly motivated they could figure it out.
    So, like everything else it is just talk..you have no proof of your company or your size. Or the divisions. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I simply don't see that happening any time soon, though. If anything I'd think its growing. Why do you think its going to begin fading away when the web is just getting rolling and Java plays such a crucial role in web development??
    I love Java. I've been a Java developer since 1998, but something always comes along. Right now, nothing has really gotten the buzz to replace it. Eventually, there will be. Then, there will be something that replaces that. The nice thing about Java AGAIN is that I don't see it completely going away. Just like COBOL is sitll around--20 years after people started predicting its demise.
    I agree it will eventually go away. I don't think in the next few years thats a concern, though. I'll always go where the highest rates are and keep contracting around milw and chicago unless somebody offers me some big bucks for a manager/director spot eventually.
    Nobody is ever going to offer you those positions if you are contracting.

I agree it will eventually go away. I don't think in the next few years thats a concern, though. I'll always go where the highest rates are and keep contracting around milw and chicago unless somebody offers me some big bucks for a manager/director spot eventually.
    I can't wait until you hit the real world.

we are all holding our breath for that moment...

According to Career Builder, my company has more employees than Siemens Power Generation about 20%.

From Wikipedia:
    Siemens Power Generation, Inc (SPGI) is a power generation company based in the United States. Run by the German Siemens AG Corporation and formerly considered Siemens Westinghouse, SPGI was formed by the acquisition of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation by the Siemens power generation division. Siemens Power Generation, Inc. has a large number of offices and plants in the United States including Orlando, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fort Payne, Alabama, and Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Alpharetta, Georgia as well as Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and overseas. Siemens Power Generation, Inc. also runs the Siemens Westinghouse Competition, an international science and technology competition. The organization went through a name change in August 2005 from Siemens Westinghouse to Siemens Power Generation, Inc.

I don't feel the need to have everyone know where I work. What if a coworker posts here too? Who knows. Regardless, if one was truly motivated they could figure it out.
    That's nice, P, but that list of locations is on the other end of the country from where Ty lives. It'd be a hell of a commute. Here's the crazy thing about big companies, they have subsidiaries and umbrella companies. Sometimes there are even complete separate companies that do different things yet share a common name...

Making assumptions on too little information bugs me btw...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer

From Wikipedia:

So, like everything else it is just talk..you have no proof of your company or your size. Or the divisions. What a surprise.
    What the hell are you talking about? You asked where I got the company from. So I went and got it from Wikipedia by googling Simions Westinghouse. God damnit Ty. I said from CAREER BUILDER, not Wikipedia.

? HOFer
    I simply don't see that happening any time soon, though. If anything I'd think its growing. Why do you think its going to begin fading away when the web is just getting rolling and Java plays such a crucial role in web development??
    I love Java. I've been a Java developer since 1998, but something always comes along. Right now, nothing has really gotten the buzz to replace it. Eventually, there will be. Then, there will be something that replaces that. The nice thing about Java AGAIN is that I don't see it completely going away. Just like COBOL is sitll around--20 years after people started predicting its demise.
    Nobody is ever going to offer you those positions if you are contracting.
    Thats funny because our two VPs, two of the three directors, and three of the 5 managers were all contractors before being hired in. Funny funny funny how one might assume. What is the best way to build contacts?!? According to those guys, the best way to make money is to contract young then settle in at like 40ish into a management spot. That way you're always making the big bucks.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

From Wikipedia:

That's nice, P, but that list of locations is on the other end of the country from where Ty lives. It'd be a hell of a commute. Here's the crazy thing about big companies, they have subsidiaries and umbrella companies. Sometimes there are even complete separate companies that do different things yet share a common name...

WTF? He said he worked for Siemens Westinghouse. Since that no longer exists, I posted a wikipedia entry explaining how the new company was formed. Also, he said he lived in FL. I see Orlando on there. You guys are slow and that irritates me.

The point of posting that is to show what company name I looked up. And yes, my company is larger and I think thats funny. Not that it really matters, but whatever.

Not that it really matters, but whatever.
    Thats the fucking understatement of eternity. Why don't you 2 just sword fight already and save us all 6000 pages of BS to sift through.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

? HOFer
    ? I really don't get whats unrealistic to justify your statement. I'd love to hear an explanation.

From Wikipedia:

WTF? He said he worked for Siemens Westinghouse. Since that no longer exists, I posted a wikipedia entry explaining how the new company was formed. Also, he said he lived in FL. I see Orlando on there. You guys are slow and that irritates me.

The point of posting that is to show what company name I looked up. And yes, my company is larger and I think thats funny. Not that it really matters, but whatever.
    He lives in Arizona. Pay attention.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer

From Wikipedia:

He lives in Arizona. Pay attention.
    I know. He said he lived in FL and formerly worked for said company. Regardless, its stupid. I don't know why Ty is bitching to me about how bad something is and blah blah blah, only for them to realize this and go around and correct their error. Irregardless , who cares how big the company is that one works for? By Milwaukee standards its a very large company. And what difference does that make anyway?!?

From Wikipedia:

What the hell are you talking about? You asked where I got the company from. So I went and got it from Wikipedia by googling Simions Westinghouse. God damnit Ty. I said from CAREER BUILDER, not Wikipedia.
    I was referring to YOUR COMPANY dipshit. Your numbers, your internship, etc. Like everything else...lot of talk from you...but, no proof. Feel free to PM your company...can't wait to hear your excuse as to why you can't do that either.

I know. He said he lived in FL and formerly worked for said company. Regardless, its stupid. I don't know why Ty is bitching to me about how bad something is and blah blah blah, only for them to realize this and go around and correct their error. Irregardless , who cares how big the company is that one works for? By Milwaukee standards its a very large company. And what difference does that make anyway?!?
    Bitching? You asked me if i had worked at a large company...not vice versa. I never inquired as to your size or anything.

When provided a list of my companies you said yours was larger. I never speculated on your employer.

Error: right..you posted in on saturday. More like you made it up...like most of what you write.

I'd keep your mouth shut harv..you may be working under partial sooner than your realize.

I never inquired as to your size or anything....you said yours was larger.

More like you made it up...like most of what you write.
    As the Homoerotic Overtone Turns.

I'd keep your mouth shut harv..you may be working under partial sooner than your realize.
    In today's episode, they try to bring a third into the equation. Will the menage-a-trois be rebuffed by Harvey? Is Harvey into that sort of thing. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool

I'm here, i'm queer...GET USE TO IT!!

All I want to know is...does size matter?

All I want to know is...does size matter?
    Of course not...just keep telling yourself that.