Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: My Offical Blogg

Did you get fired or something Tank?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Nope. Woodbuck got me worrying. The girl finds out i am writing about her in here and she might dump me right away. That plus, there's no time. I use all my breaks talking to her or instant msging her. I have been checking in here from work only when I am bored.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    Hmm a report card with A's on it. Well since he is PAYING for college, PAYING for rent and Im sure he is PAYING for almost everything I think your little card with A's on it isnt really enough.
    nah, I think if you can swing it you should help your kids out. But the way to do it is for them to pay for it initially, and you pay them back based on their performance. If they graduate with a 3.0, they get it entirely payed for. If they graduate, they get half paid for. If they don't graduate, they're on the hook.

This gives the students incentive to do very well. I think that is the best possible situation for a student to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Hmm a report card with A's on it. Well since he is PAYING for college, PAYING for rent and Im sure he is PAYING for almost everything I think your little card with A's on it isnt really enough.
    nah, I think if you can swing it you should help your kids out. But the way to do it is for them to pay for it initially, and you pay them back based on their performance. If they graduate with a 3.0, they get it entirely payed for. If they graduate, they get half paid for. If they don't graduate, they're on the hook.

This gives the students incentive to do very well. I think that is the best possible situation for a student to succeed.
    Excuse me, I need to go call my mom...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Nope. Woodbuck got me worrying. The girl finds out i am writing about her in here and she might dump me right away. That plus, there's no time. I use all my breaks talking to her or instant msging her. I have been checking in here from work only when I am bored.

Am I the only one thinking the Mighty Tank has fallen ? Booty whipped ?

Heck, it's fun being booty whipped anyways.

Cheers,
    B

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

Im calling BS on this becaue he already knows his dad is footing the bill absolutely no incentive to over achieve.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

? HOFer
    I am not referencing tank, I am just saying that if as a parent you can afford to help your children out and want to, its better to make them earn it by paying themselves up front and knowing they are in the hole massively if they don't perform rather than just paying for it yourself all up front.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Oh Im in for that for sure! I paid my way through college and on graduation day my dad gave me my paid in full statements from my loans. He and my Mom decided if I graduated with a 3.5 or better I would get free school. Never told me that or I would have taken more out to party with
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

? HOFer
    Oh Im in for that for sure! I paid my way through college and on graduation day my dad gave me my paid in full statements from my loans. He and my Mom decided if I graduated with a 3.5 or better I would get free school. Never told me that or I would have taken more out to party with
    Exactly! That is the way to do it. When the children think they're paying for it themselves you can be damn sure they're either going to give up after 1 year (waste 10k instead of 40k) or work their ass off and make the most of it. What a day that must have been on graduation when you were rewarded financially and with a diploma for all your hard work