Page 543 of 563 FirstFirst ... 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 ... LastLast
Results 10,841 to 10,860 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Legally and factually, Bert's penis was the microaggression.
    Still with the "Bert" crap? You are definitely like a kid out here.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Still with the "Bert" crap? You are definitely like a kid out here.
    I'm just doing the jobs that Scott Campbell won't do.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I had gooses bumps earlier during Lord's montage on NBC

Best..era..EVER! AWESOME hearing Ron Wolf say "Lambeau is the house that Favre built like Ruth and Yankees.."
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    Favre shakes hands and hugs Rodgers. Gives a few final waves to the crowd before exiting through Lambeau tunnel.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Need to check my draws later, but pretty sure I busted a nut during halftime..!!

Brett looking nice and svelte in the booth

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
    Favre shakes hands and hugs Rodgers. Gives a few final waves to the crowd before exiting through Lambeau tunnel.
    favre finds lead pipe and cracks a-rod on the elbow before leaving the tunnel

a-rod last heard screaming "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

favre runs down the tunnel yelling "not on my night bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Brett looking nice and svelte in the booth
    he's got pics on his twitter, he really is getting ready for a triathlon

the guy is in amazing shape

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Gillooly!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

HILARIOUS

So, do you all believe that Favre pulls for Rodgers and/or the Packers at this juncture? I would think so myself

So, do you all believe that Favre pulls for Rodgers and/or the Packers at this juncture? I would think so myself
    Sure. I think Favre's issue with the Packers was mostly a personal war between him and Thompson. And I'm not sure where that stands. His war with Thompson sometimes clouded his judgment and made him say and do some things he probably regrets. Although he certainly wanted to beat the Packers to get back at Thompson, I don't think he ever wanted to harm the organization or alienate the fans. I think everything has been fine for a while now.

Best..era..EVER! AWESOME hearing Ron Wolf say "Lambeau is the house that Favre built like Ruth and Yankees.."
    What an insult to the Packers of the '60s, who really were the ones who built "Lambeau", and the great, great teams before them that built the PACKERS before Lambeau Field existed. Favre may have been one who helped revive the tradition and excellence, but that tradition and excellence were built and were strong long before he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What an insult to the Packers of the '60s, who really were the ones who built "Lambeau", and the great, great teams before them that built the PACKERS before Lambeau Field existed. Favre may have been one who helped revive the tradition and excellence, but that tradition and excellence were built and were strong long before he arrived.
    I'll give Wolf the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the refurbished Lambeau Field. If so, he's largely right. I don't think they could have gotten the public funding and seat license funding without the resurgence that Favre had so much to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'll give Wolf the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the refurbished Lambeau Field. If so, he's largely right. I don't think they could have gotten the public funding and seat license funding without the resurgence that Favre had so much to do with.
    But that is like the major renovation Yankee stadium that took place in the mid-'70s. To liken either to the players that "built" the stadium is wrong.

I give Wolf no breaks. He knew what he said, and he said it for a reason.

I don’t think “pulls” for anyone but himself.

I don’t say that to disparage him either; it’s that thing that makes a very small percentage of people out there truly great at what they do (no matter what the field is).
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    that tradition and excellence were built and were strong long before he arrived.
    maybe in the distant past. But without the Harlan-Wolf-Holmgren-Favre revival, the Packers were in serious trouble. Not that they were going anywhere, but today, Lambeau could look like Rich Stadium without that revival. Some players really do transcend the game. Favre is one of just a handful like that in Packer history.