Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Viking

More Banjo - Packers vs Viking

Do your thing mailman.

I'd like the Packers to just go ahead and say AJ Dillon in the starting running back at that Aaron Jones is a weapon akin to the dude in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Do your thing mailman.
    Dealing witha family emergency. Only saw 1st half. I'm on the sidelines for now.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Sorry to hear that Joe. We’re wishing you all the best.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Tex ain’t ever around when we need him for optimism.

This game was full of shit - Butte throwing a pick right at hip hip safety Harrison Smith and excreting out the rock by holding onto it longer than it takes to milk a goat are some examples - but it was actually closer then the score indicates. And as I mentioned in the GameDay thread, coulda/woulda/shoulda are for losers like a certain burger flipper - that wretched loser shoulda majored in English; coulda became a hotshot Hollywood screenwriter/lyricist; woulda found happiness in some shape, form, matter or anti-matter.

But had Watson caught the bomb-6 and Dillion high jumped over the wall instead slothly trying to run through it on that failed 4th and 1 goal line play, scored woulda been 21-20, Packers, in the 4th. Q-Walk showed some kung fu even though, as Olson said in the broadcast, he allowed a Jefferson TD by not playing zone coverage with enough depth. Cletudus made plays. Barry’s scheme is still vanilla ice ice and predictable.

But I still see a Super Bowl victory on the horizon for the Packers. After all, the Packers Super Bowl win odds are better than the odds of the aforementioned burger flipper writing a film for Jennifer Lawrence or collaborating on a pop hit with Selena Gomez.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Mailman.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Oh, I'm here, reading every post, as always ...... just too pissed to post.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I'm sorry too, Joe, and I hope things are going to be okay.

As you can tell by the score of the game and our comments, you didn't miss much.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Thinking of you Mailman.
    C.H.U.D.

Aaron Rodgers on the rookie receivers:

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/statu...69150521356289
    Aaron Rodgers is optimistic rookie WRs Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs will develop: "These are good kids. They really are. They want to please, they want to do the right thing, they care about it. I'm going to figure out a way to continue to get on the same frequency with them"
    On Amari Rodgers

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...52896884363268
    Aaron Rodgers on Amari Rodgers' fit in offense: "Yeah, he's returning for us now. That's all I got on it."
    Woof. Compare and contrast that. Clearly ARod is not happy with AmRod.

Yeah. Amrod shouldn’t be on the team. He struggles tracking the ball on punt returns and will muff another. And he’s useless on offense.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

The video is pretty damning I think. Why did Gooter keep this dude?

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...71202399879170

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The video is pretty damning I think. Why did Gooter keep this dude?

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...71202399879170

Inability to admit he f'cked up this early
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Since it's the first game, I suppose we have to wait and see if they use Amari Rodgers for any gadget plays -that specialty role that some here have spoken of. I still think the guy is not going to be a player, at all. No snaps at all on offense? Yikes. And while I did see him actually go north-south on a punt return, which was good, I have seen nothing from him to indicate that he's such a good returner he's worth keeping for that.

I think it's going to turn out to be another blown third-round pick. Rodgers, in his response, didn't exactly stick up for the guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Re: Amari, three indicators --
    (1) Winfree's PS elevation and snaps on offense vs. his
    (2) Rookie WR snaps (and targets) on offense vs. his
    (3) Randall Cobb's snaps (and targets) on offense.

Amari & Toure are bottom of depth, ST players only. Toure has upside to be more and this year is mostly a redshirt for him.
    I could see them trying to use Amari in a Deebo role (part RB, part WR) because of his build but I'm not convinced he has elite NFL-level traits and wonder if Tyler Goodson wouldn't be better for that.

Arod has basically ignored Amrod all year. He has both praised and criticized the rookie WR's, and has said little if anything about Amrod. I think his push last year to acquire Cobb was based on his belief that Amrod was not ready to contribute to the offense. If someone other than Arod were the QB maybe Amrod would have more of a role because Packers would be running more jet sweep/misdirection stuff than they do with Arod wanting to change calls at the line of scrimmage. Gute drafted Amrod just hours after the announcement came out on draft night that Arod wanted to be traded. I wonder if Gute would have drafted Amrod if he had known that Arod would be the Packers QB in 2022 and perhaps beyond.

Thanks for the thoughts from several people. I haven't been here much because my 95 year old mother had a fall in the nursing home where she lives and broke 2 ribs. Was taken to the hospital and needed round the clock supervision while there. She's now in a facility where she will be receiving physical therapy. I've had a broken rib before. It is no fun.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Arod has basically ignored Amrod all year. He has both praised and criticized the rookie WR's, and has said little if anything about Amrod. I think his push last year to acquire Cobb was based on his belief that Amrod was not ready to contribute to the offense. If someone other than Arod were the QB maybe Amrod would have more of a role because Packers would be running more jet sweep/misdirection stuff than they do with Arod wanting to change calls at the line of scrimmage. Gute drafted Amrod just hours after the announcement came out on draft night that Arod wanted to be traded. I wonder if Gute would have drafted Amrod if he had known that Arod would be the Packers QB in 2022 and perhaps beyond.

Thanks for the thoughts from several people. I haven't been here much because my 95 year old mother had a fall in the nursing home where she lives and broke 2 ribs. Was taken to the hospital and needed round the clock supervision while there. She's now in a facility where she will be receiving physical therapy. I've had a broken rib before. It is no fun.

Sorry to hear that. My mother had a fall end of last year and it occupied half my time trying to help her along until May of this year.

As to your football points , seems like a solid take but I'm not as close to NFL news these days and not watching you guys nearly as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Aaron did criticize Amari in the preseason for running the wrong route leading to a Love interception, so not completely ignoring him. If MLF had confidence in Amari, he'd have played on offense regardless of Aaron's opinions. He's a returner, and that's about it.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Joe, sorry to hear about your mother. The wife has 3 broken ribs from a bike spill last week as well. She says it only hurts when she laughs or when she breaths. I broke a couple in college. I recall sneezing and farting being an exercise in self abuse as well. Hope she recovers soon. 95....God bless her.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Joe, sorry to hear about Mom.

So tough with geriatric parents.