Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm ready. Yeah, it sucked he went to MN but we got the last laugh here. He beat us twice in that first year wearing that god-awful purple but melted down in the playoffs against the Saints throwing yet another game killing INT and then got beat to hell the following season while we went on and won the Super Bowl. It appears things are thawing between the player and the team. I'm a lot more interested in the 2014 season than I am harboring grudges against past players - even players like #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm ready. Yeah, it sucked he went to MN but we got the last laugh here. He beat us twice in that first year wearing that god-awful purple but melted down in the playoffs against the Saints throwing yet another game killing INT and then got beat to hell the following season while we went on and won the Super Bowl. It appears things are thawing between the player and the team. I'm a lot more interested in the 2014 season than I am harboring grudges against past players - even players like #4.
    This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.
    If it's any help.

We aren't perfect.

Favre wasn't perfect. Favre "overall" did try very hard to be so.

Favre never sold out.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

+1
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!