Page 528 of 563 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 526 527 528 529 530 538 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    the hell?

Don't know if anyone would take that seriously, especially given the source. Does Harlan even have an official capacity with the team?
    I am not sure. But if he didn't, he might make an excellent go between. So I don't think its far-fetched that Harlan is involved in some way.

However, the Packers need to cotton on to the fact that while they may want Brett back in the fold, he seems happy thumbing his nose at them.

Time for the lines of communication to remain open, but unused, by the Packers. When he needs the infusion of cash, he'll be back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

"I do believe time heals wounds in a lot of ways," Favre said Monday in his radio interview. "I'm fine with coming back. I know it's going to be a great ceremony when we are going to do it. It's just a matter of when. From my end, everything’s good."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...vre-to-lambeau

Demo believes in that branch of religion where pushing a string is an effective tactic.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not sure. But if he didn't, he might make an excellent go between. So I don't think its far-fetched that Harlan is involved in some way.

However, the Packers need to cotton on to the fact that while they may want Brett back in the fold, he seems happy thumbing his nose at them.

Time for the lines of communication to remain open, but unused, by the Packers. When he needs the infusion of cash, he'll be back.
    Ya, hard to tell if he has been asked to do something, or if he's behaving a bit like Wolf, can't stop sticking his nose in after he's left the building.

Favre's comment that he's NOT worried about being booed @LambeauField can be taken two ways. One, that he doesn't care if he is (I don't think I believe that) or two, he doesn't think that the anyone would ever, in a million years, boo him in Lambeau. Vegas might have shorter odds than that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Ya, hard to tell if he has been asked to do something, or if he's behaving a bit like Wolf, can't stop sticking his nose in after he's left the building.

Favre's comment that he's NOT worried about being booed @LambeauField can be taken two ways. One, that he doesn't care if he is (I don't think I believe that) or two, he doesn't think that the anyone would ever, in a million years, boo him in Lambeau. Vegas might have shorter odds than that.
    Considering the reception he got the last 2 times he appeared at Lambeau, it's hard to imagine he thinks that.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lambeau-field/

“I have played with other teams, but I will be remembered as a Packer,” Favre said. “I feel that. I think the true Packer backers, which there are tons out there, feel the same way. I’m not the first player to play for other teams or rivals. . . . As time goes by, that’s how I will be remembered, as a Packer, and that’s how I want to be remembered.”
    If only he had started and ended with that sentiment

I remember him as a packer, honestly. One of the best. It's over.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Exactly!! Shit if anything you want a GM who knows how to find good men for the job. Maybe the next GM should be a lady?
    Maybe I should apply...

the hell?

Don't know if anyone would take that seriously, especially given the source. Does Harlan even have an official capacity with the team?
    Harlan is a Director Emeritus presently but I don't know what that entails.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lambeau-field/

“I have played with other teams, but I will be remembered as a Packer,” Favre said. “I feel that. I think the true Packer backers, which there are tons out there, feel the same way. I’m not the first player to play for other teams or rivals. . . . As time goes by, that’s how I will be remembered, as a Packer, and that’s how I want to be remembered.”
    If only he had started and ended with that sentiment
    Then, he needs to start acting like he is a Packer. He still lets contention come through. "True Packer backers"? So, while he clearly has taken years to start getting over his animosity toward the organization, any fan who holds any toward him is not a true Packer backer??? That's a bit egocentric.

He would be better served to acknowledge that many die hard Packer fans may have mixed feelings toward him, and say that he hopes they can come to accept the last years of his career and remember the many exciting times there were with him in GB.

Then, he needs to start acing like a Packer again, show up at some things, and talk like a former Packer all-in with the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Then, he needs to start acing like a Packer again, show up at some things, and talk like a former Packer all-in with the organization.
    Actually, that quote reminds me of the Rodgers quote in SI that could have buried him had Favre not grabbed the headlines in '08. Something like "true fans will accept me and the rest can jump off the bandwagon" or something similar.

I agree with the rest. Despite the headline this interview produced CBS has "Favre unworried about Pack fans booing return", and no matter what kind of magic wand Demovsky thinks the Packers possess, he is clearly dithering with the team and fans.

Actually, that quote reminds me of the Rodgers quote in SI that could have buried him had Favre not grabbed the headlines in '08. Something like "true fans will accept me and the rest can jump off the bandwagon" or something similar.
    Ya, that was one of the truly dumb things that Rodgers has said. He was quite careful and guarded during that time, but clearly screwed up when he said that. I think he tried to explain it later, didn't he? Those never go over well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, that was one of the truly dumb things that Rodgers has said. He was quite careful and guarded during that time, but clearly screwed up when he said that. I think he tried to explain it later, didn't he? Those never go over well either.
    His explanation, at least the way I recall it, was nearly as bad as the original statement.

You don't get to where he was (or Favre did) without a huge chip on your shoulder. I am stunned at how good today's player's are at controlling it. Only baseball, which is inventing new unwritten rules as we speak (no bunting with 2-out in 5th with 2 run lead) seems left behind.

I agree with the rest. Despite the headline this interview produced CBS has "Favre unworried about Pack fans booing return", and no matter what kind of magic wand Demovsky thinks the Packers possess, he is clearly dithering with the team and fans.
    With the way some 'fans' were treating Rodgers like all of this was somehow his fault I don't blame him for speaking like that. He held his tongue pretty well most of the time during The Divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    With the way some 'fans' were treating Rodgers like all of this was somehow his fault I don't blame him for speaking like that. He held his tongue pretty well most of the time during The Divorce.
    We don't know what kind of resistance he encountered between the Favre retirement and camp, but he did get quoted BEFORE Brett hit the fan late in the Summer. So the training camp ugliness hadn't happened yet.

But he did do a good overall job of holding his tongue. It also may have helped to play well most of the time and go 8-8. Not a tire fire, but a lot of room for improvement.

I recall hearing Aaron got death threats and some of the stuff fans and their kids were calling him during the 2008 TC were shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Considering the reception he got the last 2 times he appeared at Lambeau, it's hard to imagine he thinks that.
    The fine folks over at Pro Football Mock weigh in - http://profootballmock.com/report-pa...back-ceremony/

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    The fine folks over at Pro Football Mock weigh in - http://profootballmock.com/report-pa...back-ceremony/
    That wasn't even a little funny, I hope they don't pay their "writers" well.

Those guys sure ain't The Onion.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Going to get the boos out of the way:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 24m
    Murphy on Favre: "We are talking about bringing him back for a game this year." Not to retire No. 4, just to return to @LambeauField.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Going to get the boos out of the way:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 24m
    Murphy on Favre: "We are talking about bringing him back for a game this year." Not to retire No. 4, just to return to @LambeauField.
    BOOOOOO!!!! PB YOU SUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!