Page 529 of 563 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 527 528 529 530 531 539 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    BOOOOOO!!!! PB YOU SUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!
    I'm taking my talents to Eden Prairie!

Or maybe PURPLE PRIDE DOT ORG!!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Where do we send your locker?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Where do we send your locker?
    If I am a Viking poster, then I assume I have a cabin somewhere near Upper Red Lake.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
    Had a season-ticketholder send me a pic of #Packers-#Eagles game ticket. Says "Third Jersey Game" on it. Did I miss the announcement?

Maybe they are retiring all of Brett's jerseys except the Vikes one.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
    Had a season-ticketholder send me a pic of #Packers-#Eagles game ticket. Says "Third Jersey Game" on it. Did I miss the announcement?

Maybe they are retiring all of Brett's jerseys except the Vikes one.
    Now you have peaked my curiosity. We received our tickets in the mail on Wednesday but I haven't opened the package yet.

I am guessing it means the blue jerseys with the yellow dots.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Baby laxative goes bad?

This one's got me faked out.

When they went Just Space Jeff, then Just no space Jeff, I was like Jarrett Bush on a double move.

Faked out.
    I think the only thing that can be confirmed is that the guy is an ass. Though something doesn't smell quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Now you have peaked my curiosity. We received our tickets in the mail on Wednesday but I haven't opened the package yet.

I am guessing it means the blue jerseys with the yellow dots.
    I think your guess is right. Throwback makes the most sense.

Those were just kinda weird jerseys, although oddly I kinda like the brownish helmets.

But really, who the hell thought "oh, yeah, GREEN Bay Packers....that calls for blue jerseys!"

Or was that when they were the Acme Packers?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Those were just kinda weird jerseys, although oddly I kinda like the brownish helmets.

But really, who the hell thought "oh, yeah, GREEN Bay Packers....that calls for blue jerseys!"

Or was that when they were the Acme Packers?
    yes, it's intended to mimic the jersey from the Acme Packers days, 1929 championship team to be exact.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    The Lambeau Packers wore blue jerseys (mostly) in tribute to Notre Dame's colors where Curly went to college (briefly).

Acme only sponsored the Packers for 1920 season.

That picture inspires an old trivia question.

Who is the only man to be enshrined in the Baseball and NFL Hall of Fame?

Dilweg played a long time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Dilweg played a long time.
    Nope.

Well, between the 1929 picture and Pro Football Reference saying Anthony Hume Dilweg retired in 1990, he played 61 years, no?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...D/DilwAn00.htm

Packers and Packers Hall of Fame making a joint announcement regarding BRETT FAVRE tomorrow afternoon!

http://blog.packers.com/2014/08/03/b...-announcement/

Good move. When you buy your ticket it has "No Booing" as an expectation to your continued use of the ticket.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 18m
    Source says #Packers announcement tomorrow is Favre going into #Packers Hall of Fame tomorrow

Short notice if not a grammatical typo.

http://blog.packers.com/2014/08/03/b...-announcement/

Brett Favre subject of Monday announcement
    Posted by packers.com on August 3, 2014 – 7:07 pm

The Packers and Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inc. issued a media advisory at 7 p.m. on Sunday, relating to a joint announcement regarding former Packers quarterback Brett Favre: “The Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inc. and the Green Bay Packers will make a joint announcement regarding former quarterback Brett Favre Monday, Aug. 4, at 1:30 p.m., in the new Hall of Fame under construction in the Lambeau Field Atrium.”
    Packers.com will staff the event and provide a bulletin story when the announcement is made, followed later by a complete version of the press conference’s events. The event will also be streamed live on Packers.com.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Good deal. I think it's good timing for the whole thing. It's been long enough so most of the bitter feelings out there have subsided quite a bit. Should be a great day.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Brett's statement today on the upcoming announcement:

Brett Favre confirms Packers Hall induction, jersey retirement
    By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel Aug. 4, 2014 7:46 a.m.

Green Bay --- The Packers and Brett Favre will soon be together. As reported last night, he'll be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame in 2015 and also have his jersey number retired.

The quarterback confirmed this much on his website with the following note...

I'm pleased to announce that I will be returning to Green Bay, Wisconsin in 2015 for induction into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and retirement of my jersey.

It was a tremendous honor to play 16 years for the Green Bay Packers. Now to have my name placed among others such as Starr, Hornung, Kramer, Taylor, Lambeau, Nitschke, Lombardi, Davis, White and Hutson is a special honor that I share with all of my teammates and coaches, and that would not have been possible but for the foresight of Ron Wolf, the greatest GM In the history of the NFL.

I'm truly looking forward to celebrating and sharing this special moment with all of the great fans of the Green Bay Packers.

Go Packers!

Brett
    Zing. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...ce=twitterfeed

From ESPN

The announcement will be that Favre will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame in the summer of 2015 and the uniform No. 4 that he wore for the Packers from 1992-2008 will be retired, according to a statement on Favre's website. It was not immediately clear when exactly the number retirement ceremony will take place.
    NFL network was saying last night that the Packers hand is being forced by the fact that he should be in the Packers HOF before being inducted into the NFLs.
    Sure, I guess.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...