Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Honestly he shouldn't even have his number retired if more years pass. Yeah I said it, what.

If after five years he is still not over what happened then he doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. It is an honor to have your number retired and he should feel grateful. The fact that he doesn't want it to happen until he is good and well ready to be honored is kind of pathetic if you ask me. If I was the packers I would ask him if we can did it this year and if he says no then don't ask again. Him still acting like a baby shows he didn't learn anything from what happened. Time to get off the high horse already jeez.
    I do not mean this post to be taken in any other way but as a concern from me for you to learn 'the TRUTH' PaCkFan_n_MD. I'm not here to argue or demonstrate any manner of animosity over this; what should now be 'a simple matter' of acceptance.

Brett Favre has been over it for a long time Packer fan. Sometimes it can be far more complicated than meets the eye. Favre has bent over backwards trying his level best to help you the Packer fan/ NFL fan see it all as it was/is.

Maybe it might take a little more effort on your part? Just a question you might ask yourself. I'm not even suggesting that you go there. Such has to be a personal decision, and one with complete 'open mindedness'.

As to getting over it and Brett Favre:

Favre was over it, and clearly stated as much, going back to the conclusion of the 2008 season. He has told us over and over again. That 'he's over it', if you read his many statements on this issue/matter. Maybe? Simply take your time or find the time to read it all Packer fan.

Your puter has the same capabilities as mine does. All that will be left is some open mindedness on your part. That's a certain challenge in terms of this Brett Favre thing and some Packer fans and I accept that as we're all somehow different.

Brett Favre and getting over it:

Favre has busted his ass trying to inform us of all of it and the fact that he is...over it. Too many Packer fans 'simply' choose to ignore or discount his TRUTH, as it doesn't fit their agendas and judgements. They have to be right and couldn't possibly be wrong.

Given all that Brett Favre has tried to do to set this right in terms of his position and the TRUTH. What has the other side said:

NOTHING.

You know why? They carry the shame of 'a wrongful pride' not Brett Favre.

This has little to nothing to do with any decision to move past Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.

It has everything to do with how the Green Bay Packers Organization tried to force Brett Favre's hand... in terms of his will and rights to want to continue playing somewhere as an NFL QB. It has everything to do with how the Green Bay Packers attempted to coerce and control Brett Favre's life after active Green Bay Packer service. Trying too hard to keep Brett Favre retired. Trying over the top too hard to ensure that Brett Favre got the message it was time for him to retire.

What they did was 'simply out and out', just wrong. If anything like that was done to any of 'YOU'. I would hope that 'YOU' had the common-sense, the strength and courage to stand against it as Brett Favre and the NFL HO supporting his position.... did.

Do you know what's pissing off posters here now?

The TRUTH.

The TRUTH that I post. Too many here cannot ACCEPT THIS truth.

What we must try hard to do here. Is to simply agree to disagree without the public floggings that sometimes goes on at Packerrats. It's that sort of thing at that has driven so many decent members away. Not 'only' posters that have suffered the ridicule of 'a group of posters here'; but those posters that refuse to be any part of such 'mentality'. Those posters that don't have the will nor means to fight or stand up against the posters here that feel they have some special privalege.

This morning I learned that to be a 'real Packer fan'. I have to have a strong distaste for Brett Favre.

If that's the case then ...I'm NOT that sort of real Packer fan.

I'm simply a Green Bay Packer fan and have been for what?....55 years. NOT good enough for some here!

Whatever. I'm simply proud to write this:

GO PACKERS GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-26-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau