Page 537 of 563 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 ... LastLast
Results 10,721 to 10,740 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm sure they will

who's gonna pay money and take time out of their schedule to go boo a guy?

"guess what honey, i got us 50 yard line tickets to the brett favre thingy at lambeau tonight, we can go boo him again. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!"
    Hahahahaha
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

i payed plenty to see him/them play several times but i wouldn't go to this if they payed it all back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i payed plenty to see him/them play several times but i wouldn't go to this if they payed it all back to me.
    I'm pretty sure no one will shed a tear if you or any other haters miss it.

TT or M3: Whose Relationship was more rocky with Favre

Everyone assumes it was TT. But according to Favre, he and TT remained in contact, but it was M3 with whom it took longer to mend:

Quote Originally Posted by Favre
    In fact, he said he and Thompson, who was a Packers scout when the team acquired Favre in a 1992 trade, kept in contact even after he was traded to the Jets and went on to play for the Vikings. Favre also said he and McCarthy resumed communication after Favre's final retirement following the 2010 season and that his relationship with current quarterback Aaron Rodgers is good.

"Every time I played against Ted or when I was with the Jets and threw six touchdown passes against the Cardinals, which was the only time in my career I ever did that, Ted sent me a message," Favre said. "It was always, 'Nice job. Congratulations. Amazing game.' The day that I left in my meeting with Ted, he has a way of killing you with kindness. He doesn't say a lot, but I've known Ted ever since I got to Green Bay and always got along with him. I can't say that things were mended [at that point], but I responded to texts in a polite way myself. And Mike, there came a point where he and I started exchanging messages, I think it was after I got done playing."
    I thought that very interesting and would have assumed the reverse. Yes, I know he said it wasn't mended yet with TT, but at least they were still in touch.

Apologies for not ammending this to the Favre thread. I was too lazy to look for it.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I said years ago that it was MM. It was Favre's day long meeting with MM that was the last straw that ended his tenure in GB. He met with TT only a short time, but so long with MM that MM cancelled practice that day. Can't for the life of me figure out what they talked about for a whole day. Should have been.

MM; "Hi Brett."
    BF; "Hi Mike."
    MM; "Brett, I think Aaron is ready to play, and probably won't go into hibernation in the cold like you did in the last game."
    BF; "I don't know, Mike; he's damn young with no experience. Heck, I have thrown 10 times as many interceptions as he has completions."
    MM; "Believe me, I know that. You ready to compete with him head to head for the starting job?"
    BF; "Mike, I'm frickin' BRETT FAVRE! The fan's will have your ass if I don't start."
    MM; "My decision to make, Brett. Bye, Brett."

TT would never have gotten rid of Favre without MM being comfortable with Rodgers as the starter. I have always felt MM said it was time.

I think it was MM's decision not to bring Favre back once he had announced his retirement. Once that decision was made, it was TT's decision on what to do with Favre, which is where it got publicly ugly because Favre wanted to be released.

Retired plus Giants playoff game. Remember the scuttlebutt that M3 was mad about play calling changes and performance in that game. I think that was one of Bob's Sunday "the end is nigh" pieces.

M3 isn't quite Coughlin in terms of being unbending, but the man does like to plan ahead.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Where did the "stick it to Ted" comments come from? Favre or his camp?

Nice overview of the interviews with beat guys Favre held yesterday.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/favre-s...eesehead+TV%29

Demovsky: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...fame-induction

Wilde: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

Audio: http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...=583&f=4574163

JSO: Apparently shut out. Unless this goes to Day 2. Last Favre item was review of his SI cover: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/310982051.html

Ty Dunne did get an interview last October: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...281524621.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

C.H.U.D.

I can't wait for the speech; rather than prepare, he's winging it.

I expect at least one INT. Butler will catch it.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can't wait for the speech; rather than prepare, he's winging it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The speech...... we should start a pool to predict how long he drones on for. If his Q&A press conferences from years ago tell us anything, its that he can drag a simple statement on forever. This thing could last an hour!

Anyone notice how fucked up Larry's left pinky is? Whoa.
    C.H.U.D.

Also need to bet on whether he is packing a chaw or not during the speech.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm betting he will be extremely well-groomed. No stray ear or nose hairs. Copper compression cuff on elbow: 50-50 chance. Need to check Vegas odds.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm betting he will be extremely well-groomed. No stray ear or nose hairs. Copper compression cuff on elbow: 50-50 chance. Need to check Vegas odds.
    1.5 - over/under on mentions of his Father.

PackerRats Brett Favre Packer Hall of Fame Retirement Speech Prop Bets

1. Tears shed, money line, 110/-200 (affirmative/negative bet)

2. O/U mentions of Irv Favre, 1.5

3. Beard (any form facial hair), money line, 150/-170

4. Sideburns lower than earlobe (only pays off if #3 is None), 125/-125

5. Accouterments, bracelet, rubber, something Strong-like, 110/-175

6. Accouterments, bracelet, magnetic healing variety, 160/-145

7. O/U, mention Greatest Fans in the World, 4.5

8. O/U, mention, Ron Wolf, 1.5 (first name OK as long as clear)

9. O/U, mention, Mike Holmgren, 2.5 (same)

10. O/U, mention, Mike McCarthy, .5

11. O/U, mention, Ted Thompson, 1.0

12. O/U, mention, Bob Harlan, 3.5

13. O/U, mention, Mark Murphy, 1.5

14. O/U, mention, Lee Remmel, .5

15. O/U, mention, Steve Mariucci/Mooch, 1.5

16. Boos happen, money line, 110/-200

17. Boos if happen, get drowned out, money line, 170/-150

18. Walk on music, Melissa, Allman Brothers Band, 150/-125

19. Walk on music, Here I Go Again, Whitesnake, 140/-110

20. Hair Products, Just for Men, money line, 190/-170

Please feel free to add. Also to correct money line bets as I don't actually know how they work.

The NFLN will be showcasing Favre and the 1996 team all day on Saturday and will broadcast the HOF induction ceremony live.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The NFLN will be showcasing Favre and the 1996 team all day on Saturday and will broadcast the HOF induction ceremony live.
    Nothing like the NFL publicity machine to blow things out of proportion. Are they going to start broadcasting HOF ceremonies for all teams? For GB every year?