Page 531 of 563 FirstFirst ... 31 431 481 521 529 530 531 532 533 541 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he just needs to show up and take his medicine...or not.
    Why does he need to do that? Do you go to family reunions of your ex-girlfriends?

Fuck "the medicine", he owes zero to fans in Wisconsin. (Maybe you are agreeing with me with your "or not" )

I have mixed feelings about Favre. I wish he would have just left and found success elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    C'mon Brett. Bart needs to rest. Just bring Dickey, Majikowski and Tomczak.
    I think Dickey deserves to be on stage with the Big Three. Dickey was a great QB who kept football interesting in GB for 9 years (I had to check, 76-85 ) I know his stats aren't great and he wasn't part of playoffs.

I don't blame Favre for not wanting to get booed. It's one thing to get booed as an athlete, but to get booed on a social call to the old haunt is different. I'd stay away from people who would boo me.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    PacoPete I have a question for you.

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?
    Bossman nailed it almost 6 years ago today in this thread. On 10/24/2008 he asked PacoPete the above question.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Bossman nailed it almost 6 years ago today in this thread. On 10/24/2008 he asked PacoPete the above question.
    Only problem is trying to apply logic to illogical people. Thanks Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think Dickey deserves to be on stage with the Big Three. Dickey was a great QB who kept football interesting in GB for 9 years (I had to check, 76-85 ) I know his stats aren't great and he wasn't part of playoffs.

I don't blame Favre for not wanting to get booed. It's one thing to get booed as an athlete, but to get booed on a social call to the old haunt is different. I'd stay away from people who would boo me.
    Perhaps he could hold a Make-A-Wish kid out in front of him with one hand and help push Bart's wheelchair with the other, whilst the big screen plays testimonials from Mother Theresa (she was a big fan, back in the day) and Billy Graham.

That ought to cover the bases.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

This retirement ceremony reminds me of a wedding where the bride is 8 and a half months pregnant. Everybody just wants to get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Perhaps he could hold a Make-A-Wish kid out in front of him with one hand and help push Bart's wheelchair with the other, whilst the big screen plays testimonials from Mother Theresa (she was a big fan, back in the day) and Billy Graham.

That ought to cover the bases.
    The other way to go would be to show-up in a Vikings jersey. Then the boos are a badge of honor.

I would respect such a gag till the end of time, if not longer.

I'm not getting any seconds for my nominating ode to Lynn Dickey.

Who is this Brent Faver person?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    This retirement ceremony reminds me of a wedding where the bride is 8 and a half months pregnant. Everybody just wants to get it over with.
    Speaking from experience?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The other way to go would be to show-up in a Vikings jersey. Then the boos are a badge of honor.

I would respect such a gag till the end of time, if not longer.

I'm not getting any seconds for my nominating ode to Lynn Dickey.
    If not Bart, Dickey by himself might not be enough. Maybe the Bikini Girls can help out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers Greatest QBs
    1 Brett Favre
    2 Arnie Herber
    3 Aaron Rodgers
    4 Bart Starr
    5 Tobin Rote
    6 Lynn Dickey
    7 Don Majkowski
    8 T.J. Rubley

Is John Hadl still around? No one will notice Brett if he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Is John Hadl still around? No one will notice Brett if he shows up.
    I can't count guys like John Hadl and Jim McMahon as Packers.

I wonder how far behind the Herschel Walker trade the Hadl heist ranks in NFL blunders.

Seriously, I think Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Lynn Dickey should be honored together. I know that Dickey is the Ringo of this Beatles reunion, but he was truly the shining star for the franchise for an era.

Dickey was the toughest QB I've ever seen, and a hell of a pure passer.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Packers Greatest QBs
    1 Brett Favre
    2 Arnie Herber
    3 Aaron Rodgers
    4 Bart Starr
    5 Tobin Rote
    6 Lynn Dickey
    7 Don Majkowski
    8 T.J. Rubley
    Putting Arnie Herber up there and not mentioning Cecil Isbell is a damn shame. Isbell was a pure passer who could run like the wind. And tough? The guy played with a chain running from his arm to his belt to keep his shoulder from popping out of place. And he played both ways with it. He got tackled every play but set passing records that were only broken by guys playing in the modern era.

I'll post a writeup in the Legends thread for all you whipper snappers with short memories.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Vince already posted on Isbell in the Legends thread here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post533076

Here's a video of both Isbell and Herber in action:

[CHECK OUT THE AFTER-TOUCHDOWN HANDSHAKE IN THE ENDZONE. I've seen Packers' WR's shake hands like that in games this year. Could the handshake be our guys' nod to old timers like Isbell, Laws and Hutson? AND HOW ABOUT THOSE GOAL POSTS!]

And here are some pictures:

And a really good article comparing Isbell with his more famous counterparts, Sid Luckman and Sammy Baugh: http://www.profootballresearchers.or...27-06-1104.pdf
    Isbell joined the Packers after leading the College All Stars to a 28-16 victory over Sammy Baugh’s Redskins in 1938. The Packers already had an All-League tailback in Arnie Herber, but Isbell was so talented that the two generally would alternate for Cecil’s first three years in the league. Sometimes both would play at the same time and occasionally even would throw passes to each other. Slow-footed Herber caught two touchdown passes from Cecil in 1938.
    So does Cecil Isbell belong in the Hall of Fame? No, his career was too short. The above numbers indicate, though, that Curly Lambeau was not off-base when he said that Isbell was the best passer he ever saw. Isbell was the master at any range. He could throw soft passes, bullet passes, or feathery lobs. He was the best with Sid Luckman of the Bears a close second and Sammy Baugh of the Redskins a long third. Luckman wasn’t as versatile and Baugh coudn’t compare on the long ones.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

The DBs when Woodson was around used to do the handshake too. They used to call it the business handshake or something similar.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Here's a video of both Isbell and Herber in action:
    They shared the QB position for three years. Herber played much longer and was voted to the NFL's "All 1930s" team, so I figured he must be the real legend. But I see now that Isbell was special too. Herber should have retired, then threatened to play for the Duluth Eskimos if Curly didn't let him return and play ahead of Isbell.

Hmmm, Isbell pushes TJ Rubley off of the Big Eight list, tis a shame. There's something wrong with a list that has Bart Starr as only the 4th best QB in Packer history.

There's something wrong with a list that has Bart Starr as only the 4th best QB in Packer history.
    Especially since there's been a sportswriter or two that have called Starr the best QB in NFL history.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Packers Greatest QBs
    1 Brett Favre
    2 Arnie Herber
    3 Aaron Rodgers
    4 Bart Starr
    5 Tobin Rote
    6 Lynn Dickey
    7 Don Majkowski
    8 T.J. Rubley
    This is a terrible ranking
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

dp
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 10-23-2014 at 11:29 AM.