Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.
If it's any help.

We aren't perfect.

Favre wasn't perfect. Favre "overall" did try very hard to be so.

Favre never sold out.