Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
Yep, I was rooting for Brett on Sunday. And I was disappointed Packer fans boo'd him. I knew there would be some when he came out on the field, but I didn't expect to hear it throughout the whole first quarter. Here's the thing though, it wasn't just that they were boo'ing someone who gave them everything he had for 16 years, it was more so that Packer fans have always taken pride in being the greatest fans...the friendliest fans, etc. and I felt a little embarrassed by all the boo'ing. I personally think boo'ing a player....any player is wrong (unless they do something like Sapp did and hurt another player in the manner in which he did). Just my opinion.

Why feel a little embarrassment? I had forgotten about this until I was watching the game on Sunday, but I remember when Favre broke the TD record vs the Vikings and the whole Metrodome stood and cheered for him. I remember thinking how great it was that football fans could step out of the box and cheer for a QB's great accomplishment regardless of the uniform he was wearing...even if it was a rival team.

To each their own on the whole boo'ing thing...I'm just saying it's not for me. I was happy to see some Packer fans holding up signs in support of Favre on Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a lot more Packer fans out there that feel the way I do.

But anyway, pretty excited about those Packer/Bear tickets we got for 12/13. It will be brrrr cold in Chicago but they are good seats and can't wait to go!
Are you really comparing these 2 situations? Recognition for a long-standing record being broken vs. expecting fans to cheer someone who went to the enemy. And that's without even attempting to get into what Favre meant to Packer fans or the shady way in which he made his way to Minnesota.