Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Perhaps then Mr. Favre should explain why he did not win the Super Bowl with the Vikings, because that team too was better than any team he played on in Green Bay, including the Super Bowl teams and the team he last played on in 2007

From 2009:

"Physically, and from a talent level, this is the best team I've ever been on." That's what Brett Favre said a few weeks ago about his Minnesota Vikings..
    If Rodgers should have won it earlier, shouldn't Favre have won in 2009?

So Rodgers fell into it, and to believe Favre, it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Yet, it (winning a Super Bowl) was something he didn't feel up to even with that supposedly loaded roster returning for 2008. By his own words, it was too much pressure for him. From his retirement interview:

"I know it shouldn't feel unsuccessful, but the only way to come back and make that be the right decision would be to come back and win a Super Bowl. And honestly, the odds of that, they're tough. Those are big shoes for me to fill, and I guess it was a challenge I wasn't up for. "
    So trying to win a Super Bowl in 2008 or 2009 was too tough for him, too much of a challenge for him with all his experience, but something that Rodgers should have stepped in and accomplished as a first or second year starter?

Truth be told, Favre saying that his current team was the best he had ever been on was virtually an annual event for many years in Green Bay. Favre also routinely talked about how difficult winning was in the NFL and that winning the Super Bowl was an extremely difficult task. For him to now degrade the 2010 team's accomplishment in anyway is simply the babblings of a bitter old fool, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Perhaps then Mr. Favre should explain why he did not win the Super Bowl with the Vikings, because that team too was better than any team he played on in Green Bay, including the Super Bowl teams and the team he last played on in 2007

From 2009:

If Rodgers should have won it earlier, shouldn't Favre have won in 2009?

So Rodgers fell into it, and to believe Favre, it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Yet, it (winning a Super Bowl) was something he didn't feel up to even with that supposedly loaded roster returning for 2008. By his own words, it was too much pressure for him. From his retirement interview:

So trying to win a Super Bowl in 2008 or 2009 was too tough for him, too much of a challenge for him with all his experience, but something that Rodgers should have stepped in and accomplished as a first or second year starter?

Truth be told, Favre saying that his current team was the best he had ever been on was virtually an annual event for many years in Green Bay. Favre also routinely talked about how difficult winning was in the NFL and that winning the Super Bowl was an extremely difficult task. For him to now degrade the 2010 team's accomplishment in anyway is simply the babblings of a bitter old fool, in my opinion.

Good post.

We've been wrong about Favre for all these years. He's not Hamlet at all.

Favre = Lear
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack