Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

When Brett Favre decides that such a ceremony at Lambeau field is appropriate and in consideration of all matters:

a) Brett Favre's number will be retired.

b) Brett Favre will be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame.

I make this prediction when that huge day for the Green Bay Packers arrives:

Brett Favre will also as a part of his acceptance of this honor. Receive a resounding applause of approval for his outstanding contributions as a Green Bay Packer player of extreme positive distinction. I'll be such a proud Packer fan on Brett Favre's 'SPECIAL DAY again at Lambeau Field' day. Just another of so many SPECIAL Day's that Green Bay Packer experienced at Lambeay Field.
    I know it probably doesn't seem that way, but woody, I'll bet you anything if the day comes, we'll be happy for him WITH you. There are very smart PR people who know the challenges of the whole situation, and they will handle it well. Favre will handle it well. Time, even though it doesn't seem like it to me now, will probably heal the wounds.

Him connecting back with Green Bay would be huge for everyone. I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't a big deal to me.

I'm as passionate of a fan of the Packers as there is, I think. My dad was a really hurtful guy. Lifetime movies have been made with softer hearted villains than my dad. One of the things my dad did with me was watch/play football. He left when I was 8 years old. Anyway, I've put more into football than is healthy, I'm sure. I get emotional about football, and the Packers. I'm definitely on the high-side of how much these things affect fans, because in ways, where a dad should have been, was football for me. And for me, it was the Packers (Sharpe, Majkowski, Bennett, Ed West, Paup, etc. . .) I think I'll stay loyal to the Packers even when they're wrong more than most, just as some were loyal to Brett even when he was wrong more than most. That's because it affects me more.

So yeah, I might over-react from time to time. I know it. But at the end of the day, I do think my passion is shared with a lot of people and founded too. I'd like to see a day when Green Bay is back to how it used to be. This feud still creates tension in Green Bay. I'll be happy when that day ends and I truly hope the best for Favre even if I get really, really pissed off at him from time to time.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-26-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I know it probably doesn't seem that way, but woody, I'll bet you anything if the day comes, we'll be happy for him WITH you. There are very smart PR people who know the challenges of the whole situation, and they will handle it well. Favre will handle it well. Time, even though it doesn't seem like it to me now, will probably heal the wounds.

Him connecting back with Green Bay would be huge for everyone. I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't a big deal to me.

I'm as passionate of a fan of the Packers as there is, I think. My dad was a really hurtful guy. Lifetime movies have been made with softer hearted villains than my dad. One of the things my dad did with me was watch/play football. He left when I was 8 years old. Anyway, I've put more into football than is healthy, I'm sure. I get emotional about football, and the Packers. I'm definitely on the high-side of how much these things affect fans, because in ways, where a dad should have been, was football for me. And for me, it was the Packers (Sharpe, Majkowski, Bennett, Ed West, Paup, etc. . .) I think I'll stay loyal to the Packers even when they're wrong more than most, just as some were loyal to Brett even when he was wrong more than most. That's because it affects me more.

So yeah, I might over-react from time to time. I know it. But at the end of the day, I do think my passion is shared with a lot of people and founded too. I'd like to see a day when Green Bay is back to how it used to be. This feud still creates tension in Green Bay. I'll be happy when that day ends and I truly hope the best for Favre even if I get really, really pissed off at him from time to time.
    I'm 100% on your side there Packer fan.

Trust this:

I always knew the right side ....the right fight.

Frankly JH...I always do .... always have. If you knew my life you would know that's 'NO' BS.

I'm not a convicted man as much as a MAN with certain principles and values that will never let me down.

Being a Green Bay Packer fan 'dedicated to that' totally is a simple proof of the above.

I'm not a member of Packerrats to make Packer fans miserable. I make a certain positive contribution here. That will never be to buy into anything that certainly rubs me the wrong way. I'm also a Canadian that understands the value in fighting for a true PEACE. I'm a Canadian that believes in a 'REAL PROCESS' of what being TRULY FREE' means. I had a FATHER that fought 6 1/2 years to ensure your and my Free Rights. That fought for Brett Favre to have his. I had a FATHER that still lives in me as my BEST friend and my BEST Hero. That man raised me to be a decent man and stand for solid values and principles. He taught me to never give anything away of myself that has value. To always struggle for the better good.

Every day I struggle to be 'just that' JH. The man my Father desired me to be.

A simple MAN.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau