Page 386 of 563 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 436 486 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

"Nobody looks back on Willie Mays' career and remembers him falling around the outfield with the Mets."

I was a kid - a baseball fanatic - during those years, and it was painful for me to read about Willie's last season. So yeah, some of us remember.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Nobody looks back on Willie Mays' career and remembers him falling around the outfield with the Mets."

I was a kid - a baseball fanatic - during those years, and it was painful for me to read about Willie's last season. So yeah, some of us remember.

And I think as great as Jordan was, everybody remembers the gambling and his baseball follies. It's all part of your legacy. Bart Starr impacted his legacy with his coaching difficulties. And now John Elway is putting his stellar legacy back on the line.

Wow, Fritz. I thought the Willie's last, painful years was mostly a writer's trope so they could beg players to retire from a position of authority. I didn't think anyone truly got stuck on those last impressions. Was it seeing him play that stuck with you or was it reading about it afterward that affected you most?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brandt might be right that the media in WI were more restrained, but he wasn't married for his wildest years with the Packers, so that changes the dynamic. And Favre was eventually done in not be the media in NY, he was done in by his choice of target. Few women in WI would have had boyfriends willing to turn those pictures in to get their QB into trouble. But Sterger's boyfriend was just looking for a payday.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wow, Fritz. I thought the Willie's last, painful years was mostly a writer's trope so they could beg players to retire from a position of authority. I didn't think anyone truly got stuck on those last impressions. Was it seeing him play that stuck with you or was it reading about it afterward that affected you most?
    I read the papers voraciously as a kid and I recall the writers commenting fairly often. There wasn't as much video (film) in those days, but I do recall seeing, maybe once or twice, film of Willie flubbing around in the outfield, unable to chase down what seemed fairly simple fly balls.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I don't mind where you post em, though I may not agree with them.
    Uhh ! (-:
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

It's also not ours to excuse, or minimize. However it is very handy for those of us who tried to tell you what a bum he was.

Anywho, so how is that whole Randy Moss trade thingy working out for you?

At least I'm man enough to come forward with my TRUTH when all the chips are on the line Scott.

As far as that Randy Moss trade thingy and that working out.

Randy Moss didn't get a real shot to prove his value in Minny. Childress took him out and that was instrumentle in the fans and Minny owner 'Z W', taking Brad Childress out.

Wern't you following it all?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Did this get posted?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Did this get posted?

I'd say that's funny, but it's so SO not.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would read this. Well said Woody. You're wrong once in a while, just like the rest of us.

AHH; WHO said I was ever wrong ?

Bring Back Odell Thurman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would read this. Well said Woody. You're wrong once in a while, just like the rest of us.
    Scott I'm often wrong.

Here's an example:

Standings 2010 NFL Pro Pick'em

Rank ... Pick Set Name............ Total Pts.... W-L

1 Honky Tonk Badonkadonk ..... 1469..... 171-85 OUR '2010' CHampion ... ' esoxx ' ... an outstanding result !

2 OffintheShower..................... 1419..... 162-94
    3 retailguy............................... 1413..... 165-91 2009 Champion
    4 woodbuck27......................... 1396..... 161-95 2006 Champion
    5 Fosco33................................ 1389..... 165-91
    6 ThunderDan.......................... 1383..... 158-98
    7 KYpack................................. 1376..... 155-101 2008 Champion
    8 Bossman641.......................... 1368..... 154-102
    9 Brando19.............................. 1348..... 156-100
    10 Salmon Cruncher.................. 1304..... 154-102

Question: Anyone recall who OUR Pro Pick'em Champion was in 2007? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    At least I'm man enough to come forward with my TRUTH when all the chips are on the line Scott.

As far as that Randy Moss trade thingy and that working out.

Randy Moss didn't get a real shot to prove his value in Minny. Childress took him out and that was instrumentle in the fans and Minny owner 'Z W', taking Brad Childress out.

Wern't you following it all?

I was laughing so hard that I may have missed a good portion of it.

That video Har posted...I'd forgotten - no, repressed - how horrible, horrible, horrible that Iggles game interception was. There was NOBODY around but Eagles - Brent just heaved it up in the air.

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did this get posted?

At least it had a happy ending!

That's just cruel Harv.

Cruel.

Tyrone Braxton got him in the Super Bowl. Good NFL player. Kid from Milwaukee, I believe, that went to North Dakota State.

Sad thing about the Philly throw is that the Eagles DBs were playing 10-15 yards off Walker. They blitzed like crazy and left the slant open. If we had thrown a slant on that play, it would have been a huge gain.

EDIT: it actually might have been a slant. Or at least Walker might have read it. He looked like he started running the slant until he looked back to see Brett throw it up for grabs.

Tyrone Braxton got him in the Super Bowl. Good NFL player. Kid from Milwaukee, I believe, that went to North Dakota State.
    Madison.

That video Har posted...I'd forgotten - no, repressed - how horrible, horrible, horrible that Iggles game interception was. There was NOBODY around but Eagles - Brent just heaved it up in the air.
    What about the 6 against the Rams. You know, the game where he threw Bill Schroeder under the bus and blamed him for the picks. The game that had its first score a pick 6 by brett. Like 5 of those were UGLY picks. We may have been a contender that year if not for that ugly display.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.