Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/6...fame-case-fast

Brett Favre's Hall of Fame case didn't even last 10 seconds

By Jon Benne  @LordBenne on Feb 6, 2016, 11:44 PM

Rick Gosselin
    ✔ ‎@RickGosselinDMN

The longest discussion of the HOF meeting was Eddie DeBartolo Jr. at 50 minutes, 33 seconds. The shortest? Brett Favre at six seconds.

6:38 PM - 6 Feb 2016

woodbuck27:

That was fast.

That response to Favre was tyotally desering of Favre and his splendid career deserved just that response.

The Gunslinger was 'over the top' the best 'football' player I've had the pleasure to see and support. 
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

That response to Favre was tyotally desering of Favre and his splendid career deserved just that response.

The Gunslinger was 'over the top' the best 'football' player I've had the pleasure to see and support. 
    why 'football?'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    why 'football?'
    > > >
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

+1

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/6...fame-case-fast

Brett Favre's Hall of Fame case didn't even last 10 seconds

By Jon Benne  @LordBenne on Feb 6, 2016, 11:44 PM

Rick Gosselin
    ✔ ‎@RickGosselinDMN

The longest discussion of the HOF meeting was Eddie DeBartolo Jr. at 50 minutes, 33 seconds. The shortest? Brett Favre at six seconds.

6:38 PM - 6 Feb 2016

woodbuck27:

That was fast.

Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    +1
    Right on Packer Fan...He was truly SPECIAL and we'll not very likely see another like him in the NFL. Here some more:

Brett Favre Inducted into Hall of Fame after 6 seconds of debating

2016-02-08 at 2.10.27 PM (NFL.com)

There was no debate over Brett Favre’s Pro Football Hall of Fame candidacy.

" When it came time for the HOF committee to discuss The Gunslinger’s worthiness during Saturday’s marathon meeting, the debate lasted nine seconds, per NFL Media’s Steve Wyche. Charean Williams, a voter from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, noted it was actually six seconds.

Regardless of what the debate stopwatch read, the point is that there was no need to discuss Favre’s entrance into Canton.

“As a kid all I ever dreamed of was to play pro football, to be Archie Manning or Roger Staubach, that’s all I ever dreamed of,” Favre said after being introduced with the other seven members of the 2016 class at NFL Honors. “I hated Terry Bradshaw, which I told him that. He’s OK now. But that’s all I ever dreamed of. I never dreamed of all the other stuff. It’s been way more than I ever could imagine, so I’m extremely thankful for that.”

Before this weekend started, I almost posted about how it would be a disgrace if Brett Favre wasn’t a unanimous decision for the Hall of Fame. Then I realized that no Packers fan would ever disagree with that statement, and waited to see if someone would vote against him. But a result this quick was completely unexpected. Brett Favre’s name was called, and his candidacy was unquestionable. No one even thought to mention his INT record, or his sexting scandal. It was automatic. When Favre said he never expected anything like this, you have to believe him. We knew he was going to get a great turnout at Lambeau for his jersey retirement, but to see him unanimously and unquestionably voted into the Hall of Fame is amazing. It proves that the respect people had for him stretched all across the nation both in his playing days and today. The man is a living legend, and his greatness is respected more than I could have ever imagined.

When you grew up idolizing Favre in Wisconsin, you never realized that people from thousands of miles away were doing the exact same thing. You assume that no one pays attention to Wisconsin or the Packers, when in reality, people were paying close attention, and making us a model organization for the entire NFL. His induction being this quick makes me realize how much he really did for the organization. Because of him, thousands of people outside of Wisconsin are now Packers fan. He made the Packers relevant again, and laid the foundation for the winning tradition that we like to take for granted today – we can’t thank him enough. Favre thought he was never going to get the story book ending when he retired, but I doubt he’s upset with how it all played out."

GO PACK GO !