Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Good call!

It appears Favre is not "ready" so there'll be no retiring of his number this year. And that's fine - I ain't ready, either.

But wouldn't it be cool if Favre had a press conference next year, saying he was ready to have his number retired...then changed his mind at the beginning of training camp, then hinted he maybe wanted to have his number retired after all, then about the second game of the season..
    I meant to comment on this one when it was posted. I'm not quite "there" on BLF yet, either.

But I'm a helluva a lot closer than I was in 09.

A lot of what Brett did was in keeping with his Huck Finn persona, but he still pulled some bad, petty bullshit.

That said you can't deny his greatness and accomplishments he made for the GBP.

I think the announcement of the jersey/number retirement was a political move in keeping with keeping Favre retired.

I say Ring of Honor, GBPHOF, & NFL HOF are enuff.

But I didn't think Reggie's number should have been retired, either.

There is a lifetime and forever Packer requirement for number retirement and I don't think big Reg or 4 met that criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I meant to comment on this one when it was posted. I'm not quite "there" on BLF yet, either.

A lot of what Brett did was in keeping with his Huck Finn persona, but he still pulled some bad, petty bullshit.

I think the announcement of the jersey/number retirement was a political move in keeping with keeping Favre retired.

There is a lifetime and forever Packer requirement for number retirement and I don't think big Reg or 4 met that criteria.
    The thing is we know what Favre did, he never tried to hide it. We will never know all shit that TT and the Packer's pulled, and we never will. It's pretty damn easy to have a bad opinion of Brett when he's the only one that is telling most of the story, I'm sure there are things he leaves out. TT just doesn't have a good track record of being overly honest with fans, whether it be injuries, free agency, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing is we know what Favre did, he never tried to hide it.
    I know what you are trying to say and there may be some truth to it. But I kinda doubt Favre thought we would all know he wasn't really retired after years of speculation. That's not exactly forthright.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    TT just doesn't have a good track record of being overly honest with fans, whether it be injuries, free agency, etc...
    Do you really mean "honest" as in truthful, or do you mean "revealing" or "informative".
    Unlike with Wolf, I have never caught TT being dishonest. But also unlike Wolf, who seemed to enjoy giving long narratives to the media, both truthful and not; TT simply provides very little information.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Do you really mean "honest" as in truthful, or do you mean "revealing" or "informative".
    Unlike with Wolf, I have never caught TT being dishonest. But also unlike Wolf, who seemed to enjoy giving long narratives to the media, both truthful and not; TT simply provides very little information.
    Yes that is a lot better way of putting it than I did, thank you. Sometimes to me it seems that by being such a cold fish, TT is hiding things.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

ya know, I feel the same way about Reggie White's # being retired. He was great and all, but came to the Pack on the downside if his career. Retiring a number should be for guys who came here young - either traded here early on or something - and stayed and stayed.

Brent was a great player, no doubt. But he wanted out....then in....then out. HOF and GBPHOF should be enough.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack