"Reported today on NBC Sports that Favre told me he informed Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum that "it may be time to look in a different direction'' at the quarterback position when they spoke Monday. A day earlier, Favre continued his poor play down the stretch -- the Jets finished by losing four of their last five, ruining their 8-3 start that had them in Super Bowl contention -- in a disastrous three-interception loss to the Dolphins. The Jets fired Eric Mangini as coach ... and could have made Favre's decision about whether to return in 2009 a negative..
Favre said that Tannenbaum said to him Monday, "If I ask you about your future now, I know what you'll say. So I'm not going to ask you.'' What Tannenbaum did ask Favre is to give his decision some time, that the Jets definitely wanted him back and he should take all the time he needs to decide.

According to King's report............Favre made it clear ..........start thinking of another QB.......Tannenbaum, instead of saying 'OK Brett we'll do that'..........he says 'Take your time, we want you back.'

Yet.....Favre comes out the bad guy in this....