Page 554 of 563 FirstFirst ... 54 454 504 544 552 553 554 555 556 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,080 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Favre was a bad boy telling fat-ass Andy Reid stories on the NFLN today. Pretty hilarious.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Did anyone else see that Jerry Rice is now the second hall of famer to come to believe in the healing properties of copper along with Brett?

I must have seen that commercial four times yesterday.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gruden's QB Camp ... Brett Favre

Comment woodbuck27:

Brett Favre:

You cannot bring anymore than that !

This VIDEO is enormous and on 'what it takes to be GREAT'.

I can clearly and honestly write that I can totally relate to Brett Favre. It's his attitude and confidence I respect / LOVE. He was 'a one of a kind knock off', and 'the mold is broken' kinda Pro athlete.

As Packer fans we were blessed to see this Man compete.

Brett Favre had it (really had it) ! A lot of that came from the mentorship he received as a gift from his Father Irving Favre.

I've learned this in my lifetime and being a competitor. Believe this and the fact I'm a serious competitor. I don't compete to be the loser.

You cannot compete effectively unless you certainly know you have what it takes to be the BEST. I looked back on 'any time I excelled' competing, and the end result was a simple:

" OK ! No big deal Edwin...you knew you were going to win."

Never ever confuse confidence with arrogance. Confidence WINS and arrogance is of low esteem and wanting too much to win and seldom getting there.

Confidence goes hand in hand with experience and building on more of that to wisdom. I'm a very confident MAN.

That's still in me today. My competitiveness and sports is done. I still compete and do so a lot.

I've played Poker since I was 10 Years of age.Most days I prove it playing Poker. I play against people all over the World; and I know I'm the BEST Texas Holdem Player. I'm TRUTHFULLY 'The BEST'. It just is.

In any Poker Session I'll be in my mind's eye, 'the TOP Man on that Table'; and >95 % of the time I'm going to prove that to myself. It's not beating those people. Rather, it's all about proving something to me.

Brett Favre was exactly like that.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-07-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Mike Holmgren: Favre was the son I never had
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

America's Game 1996 Green Bay Packers

ICYMI

Brett Favre talks concussions on 'Today': 'I've had hundreds'

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/po...e-had-hundreds

Brett Favre would rather his grandsons not play football, believes he may have short-term memory loss, fears what might happen to him as he ages and believes he sustained "hundreds, maybe thousands" of concussions in his 20-year NFL career.

The NFL record-holder for most consecutive starts (297) even suggested he might have ended his ironman streak had he thought more seriously about concussions when he played.

The former Green Bay Packers quarterback touched on all those subjects Thursday during an interview on NBC’s "Today" show.

Brett Favre didn't begin to think about the long-term effects of concussions until his career was nearly over. Albert Dickson/Sporting News
    Here’s an edited transcript of that interview:

Question: How many concussions did you have?

Favre: “That I know of, three or four maybe. But as we’re learning about concussions, there’s a term that is often used in football -- and maybe in other sports -- that I got 'dinged.' As Dr. [Bennet] Omalu, who was portrayed by Will Smith in the movie 'Concussion' has said, 'Dinged is a concussion.' When you have ringing of the ears, seeing stars, that’s a concussion. And if that is a concussion, I’ve had hundreds, maybe thousands, throughout my career, which is frightening.”

Q: You played hurt, but did you realize how dangerous it was?

Favre: “Absolutely not. Absolutely not. I played 20 years. Year 18, 19, 20 is when the NFL implemented the concussion protocol testing. Having played 17 years up to that point, my baseline test, which they did maybe in Year 18, which gives you where you are at this point in your career, there had been enormous amount of injuries that had taken place in those 17, 18 years. My test was skewed somewhat. So really, at that point in my career, and at that point in the NFL’s early stages, there was nothing prior to that. You saw older players, retired players, and they would walk with a limp. [You thought], ‘That’s what I’m going to look like someday, that’s the price that you pay.’ Now, I think the focus is on your mental health. You’re going to have knee, hip, shoulder type of issues -- that’s just part of it. But head injuries and concussions were never considered a problem for long term until now.”
    The game will not last much longer in current form...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ICYMI

Brett Favre talks concussions on 'Today': 'I've had hundreds'

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/po...e-had-hundreds

The game will not last much longer in current form...
    have there been any numbers about a drop in participation at the younger levels yet?

thats where the game will die imo. when high school kids decide it isn't worth ruining their lives for a year or two of glory and fame

pro players make huge $$$$ to destroy their brains and bodies. college, high school, junior high and peewee players do not

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    have there been any numbers about a drop in participation at the younger levels yet?

thats where the game will die imo. when high school kids decide it isn't worth ruining their lives for a year or two of glory and fame

pro players make huge $$$$ to destroy their brains and bodies. college, high school, junior high and peewee players do not

Ask the soccer moms!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    My understanding is that it's about a 25% drop from 10 yrs ago in the pre-high school levels.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    My understanding is that it's about a 25% drop from 10 yrs ago in the pre-high school levels.
    thats no where near as big of a drop as i would have thought to be honest

The only thing that's safe to play is with yourself.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

College is not cheap, and so long as there are still football scholarships out there, kids will continue to play the game.

I blame capitalism.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The only thing that's safe to play is with yourself.
    Just not on the city bus apparently, people freak out then.

You sound as if you have some experience in that realm, Craig.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You sound as if you have some experience in that realm, Craig.
    I was just tucking in my shirt, I swear!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The game has never been safer, the fact is though it will never be a safe game. Brett is also part of a group that is trying to invent procedures or medication to help reduce the symptoms of concussion and CTE. There is a financial aspect to why he is speaking out about head injuries and football.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Hall of Fame quarterback has put his money and his name behind Prevacus, a company that’s testing a neurosteroid intended to be administered nasally immediately after a brain impact, to counter the effects of concussion at the cellular level
    Pharma is seen as the next frontier in concussion treatment. The Favre-backed drug has shown promise in animal testing, but clinical trials on human patients have yet to be conducted
    Favre has recruited Kurt Warner and other NFL greats to Prevacus’s advisory board. Other NFL figures such as Richard Sherman are also involved in companies seeking a drug to treat concussions

SI.com

He falsified his research, so that RDU-90 could be approved and Devlin McGregor could give you Provasic!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The Favre-backed drug has shown promise in animal testing,
    How the heck did they get animals to play tackle football?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    How the heck did they get animals to play tackle football?
    You know the answer to this: Clydesdales!