Page 548 of 563 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538 546 547 548 549 550 558 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The absolute response to your query MJ is this based on my perception and true feelings about such a matter;

I really don't give a damn. It's the people like you and Patler and Scot Campbell and his admirers that get all bent out of shape about 'anything Brett Favre'. It's not even funnt to me anymore. It's really pathetic.

It's way too obvious to me that's certainly the TRUTH. I find that amazing in my personality and style of living life. I"m just somehow way different in how I view life and situations. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I have never really understood the mentality of some here at PackerRats. I've tried and tried to getr there but reqalize that's over the top masochistic.

You go on imagining and decipering and analyzing and judging and picking and criticizing as that fill your boots MJ.

I don't give a damn. That is where I'm trying to get the hoard of you fellas at PackerRats. Those of you...your Big Gang of supporters. The hoard here that don't have better things to do but jump all over a former Packer that brought us such glory. A former Packer that today with anyone worth their salt as an NFL fan has to admit he's the finest QB we have ever had the good fortune to watch playb and dedicate himself to for so long.
    Your the disloyal. Your the perverts in your hypocrisy. None of you have never errored in life. If that's the case your all liers as well.

Your all pathetic no hopelessly so, and that's too sad for me. None of your group has ever let go of Brett Favre. You want to hang him. Revive and hang him over and over and over again. Smarten up. The bunch of you need some common decency and proper moral training.

Your none of you any better than I am and might learn a lot from my manners and style.

GO Packers!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/6...fame-case-fast

Brett Favre's Hall of Fame case didn't even last 10 seconds

By Jon Benne  @LordBenne on Feb 6, 2016, 11:44 PM

Rick Gosselin
    ✔ ‎@RickGosselinDMN

The longest discussion of the HOF meeting was Eddie DeBartolo Jr. at 50 minutes, 33 seconds. The shortest? Brett Favre at six seconds.

6:38 PM - 6 Feb 2016

woodbuck27:

That was fast.

That response to Favre was tyotally desering of Favre and his splendid career deserved just that response.

The Gunslinger was 'over the top' the best 'football' player I've had the pleasure to see and support. 
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

That response to Favre was tyotally desering of Favre and his splendid career deserved just that response.

The Gunslinger was 'over the top' the best 'football' player I've had the pleasure to see and support. 
    why 'football?'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    why 'football?'
    > > >
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

+1

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/6...fame-case-fast

Brett Favre's Hall of Fame case didn't even last 10 seconds

By Jon Benne  @LordBenne on Feb 6, 2016, 11:44 PM

Rick Gosselin
    ✔ ‎@RickGosselinDMN

The longest discussion of the HOF meeting was Eddie DeBartolo Jr. at 50 minutes, 33 seconds. The shortest? Brett Favre at six seconds.

6:38 PM - 6 Feb 2016

woodbuck27:

That was fast.

Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    +1
    Right on Packer Fan...He was truly SPECIAL and we'll not very likely see another like him in the NFL. Here some more:

Brett Favre Inducted into Hall of Fame after 6 seconds of debating

2016-02-08 at 2.10.27 PM (NFL.com)

There was no debate over Brett Favre’s Pro Football Hall of Fame candidacy.

" When it came time for the HOF committee to discuss The Gunslinger’s worthiness during Saturday’s marathon meeting, the debate lasted nine seconds, per NFL Media’s Steve Wyche. Charean Williams, a voter from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, noted it was actually six seconds.

Regardless of what the debate stopwatch read, the point is that there was no need to discuss Favre’s entrance into Canton.

“As a kid all I ever dreamed of was to play pro football, to be Archie Manning or Roger Staubach, that’s all I ever dreamed of,” Favre said after being introduced with the other seven members of the 2016 class at NFL Honors. “I hated Terry Bradshaw, which I told him that. He’s OK now. But that’s all I ever dreamed of. I never dreamed of all the other stuff. It’s been way more than I ever could imagine, so I’m extremely thankful for that.”

Before this weekend started, I almost posted about how it would be a disgrace if Brett Favre wasn’t a unanimous decision for the Hall of Fame. Then I realized that no Packers fan would ever disagree with that statement, and waited to see if someone would vote against him. But a result this quick was completely unexpected. Brett Favre’s name was called, and his candidacy was unquestionable. No one even thought to mention his INT record, or his sexting scandal. It was automatic. When Favre said he never expected anything like this, you have to believe him. We knew he was going to get a great turnout at Lambeau for his jersey retirement, but to see him unanimously and unquestionably voted into the Hall of Fame is amazing. It proves that the respect people had for him stretched all across the nation both in his playing days and today. The man is a living legend, and his greatness is respected more than I could have ever imagined.

When you grew up idolizing Favre in Wisconsin, you never realized that people from thousands of miles away were doing the exact same thing. You assume that no one pays attention to Wisconsin or the Packers, when in reality, people were paying close attention, and making us a model organization for the entire NFL. His induction being this quick makes me realize how much he really did for the organization. Because of him, thousands of people outside of Wisconsin are now Packers fan. He made the Packers relevant again, and laid the foundation for the winning tradition that we like to take for granted today – we can’t thank him enough. Favre thought he was never going to get the story book ending when he retired, but I doubt he’s upset with how it all played out."

GO PACK GO !

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor.
    forever isn't as long as it used to be

Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

"The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor." Scott Campbell

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gnb/draft.htm

Green Bay Packers History:

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 720-547-37

Playoff Record (all-time) : 32-21 (Last appearance after 2015 season)

Super Bowls Won: 4 out of 5 appearances

Championships Won*: 13

Passing Leader (all-time): Brett Favre - 61,655 yards

Rushing Leader (all-time): Ahman Green - 8,322 yards

Receiving Leader (all-time): Donald Driver - 10,137 yards

Winningest Coach (all-time): Curly Lambeau - 209 wins

Top Player by Approximate Value (all-time): Brett Favre - 222 AV

Comment woodbuck27:

Please note when this video was posted.

Please note when this video was posted.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    why?

I'm too lazy to go to the YouTube site (this video is blocked here). What is the date it was originally posted?

Edit: nm

What is the record for this thread falling down the pecking order? This was the 43rd latest post thread today (Page 3 for me).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hof-induction/

Brett is coming back after his HOF introduction to be nailed to the Ring of Honor. Scratch that, added to the Ring of Honor. Scratch that, added to the Lambeau Field stadium façade.

Doesn't that thing have an official branding yet. The Packers Struck & Irwin Fence Elite Façade?

At this rate, the Packer will rival the Bears with celebrations that owe more to the past than the present.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Heck, this thread in itself is a legend. It might have the highest number of pages relative to readers in a forum in internet history!

(Channeling some John Madden there )
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It truly is the crown jewel of all that is PackerRats. We laughed, we lied, we fought, and we cried. It has brought posters to this forum and ran others off. My only wonder is if it has outlived actual posters.

You still out there Shadow? MFer is older than dirt.

Deanna Farve will be presenting her husband for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

https://t.co/azCpz20WUM

Dom Capers is introducing Kevin Green.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Deanna Farve will be presenting her husband for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

https://t.co/azCpz20WUM

Dom Capers is introducing Kevin Green.
    I figured it would be Winters or Chmura. WTH Brent?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I thought Ron Wolf.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Mooch and Holmgren are probably consoling each other now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I thought Ron Wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Mooch and Holmgren are probably consoling each other now.

...and that, perhaps, is why he has his wife doing it. Which one would he have chosen over the others?