Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    I think Woody may mean CBC as NBC is not allowed to have that many games for one team per NFL rules.

EDIT: Now I think he is full of it as their is no mention of this on NBC Sports' website nor NFL.com
    NBC only has the Sunday Night Game. CBS has the AFC. Still, kind of funny - FOX feasted on Favre now CBS can milk 'em until he gets injured. CBS should get Dianna to do another one of those "My Brett..." voice overs that they can run on a continuous loop, like they did during the Monday Night Game v. Denver. That was soooo inspiring - it never got old, trite, boring, or insipid at all.
    I guess my Woody translating skills are rusty. Even if he means CBS they are carrying 12 of 16 Jets games this year, Favre or no Favre. I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post, or why he is acting as if that is big news.

EDIT: By the way Woody it's "Nantz" not "Nance".
    I guess if we are being picky, It is Deanna, not Dianna. Get the womans name right.

And What makes you think Favre is going to get injured? madden Cover? I don't even think that curse is strong enough to tackle Favre, but all the doubters we will see won't we, we will see.
    Did Brett give you a reach around once or something? Its unnatural your manlove for him.
    Why are you so crude?

I was being overly dramatic, and I think it is bush league to comment on someone's miss spelling a name. Woody has his faults having to point out spelling errors is petty in comparison. I realize CPK didn't commit the spelling error I referred to, but I was pointing out that it does happen to everyone, EVERYONE!!! AHHHHH

You wouldn't take a hand job from Brett Favre?

Lots of the Woody like references are complete Bush League IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Ya gotta admit the guy brings a lot of it on himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries

whatever

there are other posters who "bring it on themselves" IMO. Still Bush League
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

whatever

there are other posters who "bring it on themselves" IMO. Still Bush League
    And they get what they get too. Bush league is David Riske.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Well, I think the point Woody was trying to make was that y'all in Wisconsin will be seeing lots of Jets games, thanks to the request by your local affiliates:

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/packers/299985

http://www.wfrv.com/mostpopular/stor...f-a1d931533248

A few pics.....

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    Well, I think the point Woody was trying to make was that y'all in Wisconsin will be seeing lots of Jets games, thanks to the request by your local affiliates:

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/packers/299985

http://www.wfrv.com/mostpopular/stor...f-a1d931533248
    Thing is, Woody is about 2 weeks late then.

Thanks GBR...................he still looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    "Pretty good" ??
    I'll take your pretty good and raise you 10....lol

At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. To thousands of Packer fans the guy was gold for years and it seemed heartless and cold to me to see some turn their backs on him. Not those that were just ok with moving on and knew it had to happen at some point, but those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing. Pointing out his flaws, rather than appreciating what he brought to Green Bay. I believe some of those are just plain old assholes and don't really "get it". I believe others, although they may not admit it, are just angry. They are angry that "our" Brett Favre is playing for another team. Nobody EVER thought that would happen. I suppose I could understand some anger if he was playing for an NFC team, but he's not. Some people really need to let it go....be happy reliving the Favre era and the fact he largely contributed to the Packers being a winning organization for years and years. Cherish the memories of games that other QB's would not have won. Hold close to your hearts him going out on that field after his Father passed and giving us the performance of a lifetime.

When I read posts from people downplaying what Brett Favre meant to the Green Bay Packers over the last 16 years and doing nothing but bashing him now, I can only think of one thing....you may be a football fan, but you are surely not a Green Bay Packer fan. To not appreciate everything that man gave to the Packers is just plain old idiotic. If some people post this type of thing in anger, maybe it's time to look inside...let go of the anger, it's not healthy!!

I will always be a Packer fan, but I will still always be a Brett Favre fan as well. I'm wishing the best for him with the Jets!!! Go Packers, Go Brett, Go Jets!!!!

QFT

Baah

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    "Pretty good" ??

If you ladies dig all that grey hair, you must love Thompson.

No, Ted has no grey hair.............it's all white! And it would take alot more than just the hair for Ted to turn heads.

At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing.
    07, you have to remember that the type doing the bashing are on the far reaches of the lunatic fringe. The pitiful few that continue their rant over and over.

As such, their views should not have any impact on you. Rather, they should be marginalized as the "black helicopter" crowd they belong to.

Frankly, I'm embarassed for them when I read some of the garbage they spew.

I think some of the unflattering comments put forward by "bashers" were unkind, made BF fans uncomfortable, but were true none-the-less.

What I have trouble deciphering in this whole discussion is:

1. When is it "respectful critique versus malicous bashing"?
    2. When is it "healthy fanhood versus blind whorship"?

I've tried my best to be a healthy fan that will critique with respect and have managed to piss of both camps at different times and on a variety of discussions!

It's like I have the word antagonist tattooed on my forehead....

Re: OFFICIAL BRETT THE JET THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    LET'S GOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOOO to a Jets forum. I don't want to read about Favre 38 yr old tired arm! Sounds like your more of a fan of Brett Favre than the Packers.

We can be both
    I thought you only liked women who swung both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    What I have trouble deciphering in this whole discussion is:

1. When is it "respectful critique versus malicous bashing"?
    2. When is it "healthy fanhood versus blind whorship"?
    This isn't hard.

1. Respectful critique: "Favre handled this situation poorly, he's not bigger than the team and shouldn't receive any special treatment."

Malicious bashing: "Favre is a piece of shit, garbage and an asshole."

2. Healthy fanhood is the former in the above scenario. The blind worship crowd I put in the same extremist camp as the malicious bashers.

"Pretty good" ??
    The man just gets hotter as he gets older. Sorta like George Clooney!!

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx

2. Healthy fanhood is the former in the above scenario. The blind worship crowd I put in the same extremist camp as the malicious bashers.
    Speaking of which...I see that Brett's official site now has a Jets forum section in there for new members. Those people would be the blind worship crowd that you refer to. You probably will find the people who were walking around holding "Fire TT now" signs and that 6 year old who was cursing at Aaron, posting over there.

If some people post this type of thing in anger, maybe it's time to look inside...let go of the anger, it's not healthy!!
    you're the one with anger, dearie. why are you still making these speeches? You call people who criticized Favre's outragous behavior "bashers" and "haters." And you lobbied for Favre to be released rather than traded so he could play for the Vikings and fulfill your need for vengeance.

Let it go - it's not healthy.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx

Speaking of which...I see that Brett's official site now has a Jets forum section in there for new members. Those people would be the blind worship crowd that you refer to. You probably will find the people who were walking around holding "Fire TT now" signs and that 6 year old who was cursing at Aaron, posting over there.
    Finally, A happy home!