Page 101 of 563 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

The 'hate' you might think some folks feel is more disappointment and frustration at Brett for retiring in the first place! That's how I feel about it all. I didn't like the fact he went on TV and basically blasted the organization because the Packers went in another direction (I remember Brett said he knew this might happen if he retired). He didn't want to come back and compete for his old job (I remember his haughty response to that question on Fox!). Then he asked for his unconditional release and hinted about playing for the queens. :P I'm glad TT didn't do that. Can you imagin the consternation around here if he did? Just ask Jets fans how they feel about Pennington coming home to roost last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I find something disturbing....as well as funny. Two months ago the people that were posting about Favre were criticized and ridiculed. Even when the Favre thread was created, there were those that were critical of that. Just wondering why, after Favre under performed at the end of the season it's all OK for everyone to post Favre info and to an extent ridicule him? 6-7 pages since the last game. You all wonder why people referred to you as "Favre haters"? Well, seems you never wanted to discuss him during this season until he was not doing well. SAD!

I wish Favre had stayed retired. But when he proclaimed he still wanted to play there was NO WAY I was not going to support him. I supported him as a Jet.

I guess I'm just sad that people are so eager to dog on him, hate him after everything he did for the Packer organization. Least you can do is show some respect. I have a feeling some of you have no idea what that means.
    Good god, why should I show him respect when he shit all over the organization like he did? He lost all respect with that crap. I don't care how many years he played here. You shit on the Packers, the TEAM I support, you get no respect from me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I find something disturbing....as well as funny. Two months ago the people that were posting about Favre were criticized and ridiculed. Even when the Favre thread was created, there were those that were critical of that. Just wondering why, after Favre under performed at the end of the season it's all OK for everyone to post Favre info and to an extent ridicule him? 6-7 pages since the last game. You all wonder why people referred to you as "Favre haters"? Well, seems you never wanted to discuss him during this season until he was not doing well. SAD!

I wish Favre had stayed retired. But when he proclaimed he still wanted to play there was NO WAY I was not going to support him. I supported him as a Jet.

I guess I'm just sad that people are so eager to dog on him, hate him after everything he did for the Packer organization. Least you can do is show some respect. I have a feeling some of you have no idea what that means.
    Good god, why should I show him respect when he shit all over the organization like he did? He lost all respect with that crap. I don't care how many years he played here. You shit on the Packers, the TEAM I support, you get no respect from me.

No offense, but you are hands down the biggest hater I've ever witnessed .
    To a greater extreme, IMO, than Paco is on the other side.

I agree with much of what 007 said. When he was doing well it was suppose to all be in one thread but now that he's tanked posters will enjoy dogging on him in here and in other threads.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bretsky, you must have missed events of last summer, so I will give you a summary:

Favre demanded a return to the team, the Packers rejected him.
    Favre responded with a public relations campaign against the Packers in an ill-advised strategy to get his way.

The fact that some PAcker fans are now sour on Brett the Jet is not a character flaw on their part.

Thomas Jones blasts Favre. So I guess now we have non-anonymous Jets who are dissatisfied with their QB. Then again, Jones was a Bear so he might have an axe to grind.

Still, if stories like this keep coming out indicating a widespread sense in the Jets locker room, do you suppose Favre might demand to be released if he wants to play football in 2009?
    </delurk>

I already posted this on the other 'Favre hurt' thread.......

The 'raising' of Brett Favre is much like the raising of a child. Show me a kid who has been given everything, lacks for nothing, is the center of attention at every family function, has never been told 'NO'. And I'll show you a kid, who when given the chance, siblings, relatives, friends will dump on.

Now with Brett, he earned most of his accalades. Most of those records broken are his. But along the way, mostly in GB.........they made him into someone that was above the game, above the team. Maybe a 'NO', long time ago would have changed the course of things that came. Want a separate locker room, Brett? 'NO', Want to miss parts of early training? 'NO', The 'NO's' never came.
    Just once, after a horrendous game had they benched him and played the backup, maybe he'd have gotten the idea that he was dispensable. Just maybe, if the GB organization hadn't made him the face of the Packers, he wouldn't have thought he was that face. Just maybe if the media hadn't done all those (too many) specials about him, long before he retired, he wouldn't have thought of himself as 'legend' before he became one.
    Favre needs to retire, he needed to retire. It was good once. It's not anymore. It's painful. Anyone close to him, if they care, should be telling him that.
    There is little doubt that Brett Favre was a one-of-a-kind player. I'm just not sure that that lasted 18 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Bretsky, you must have missed events of last summer, so I will give you a summary:

Favre demanded a return to the team, the Packers rejected him.
    Favre responded with a public relations campaign against the Packers in an ill-advised strategy to get his way.

The fact that some PAcker fans are now sour on Brett the Jet is not a character flaw on their part.

You missed all of last summer when we ranted about this endlessly; good thing we sucked so bad with a 6-10 record so we can get back on the topic again
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

How about this? We allow any post, anywhere it might arguably fit. Then, if you use that post to slam other people as "insane", "hater -ing", or otherwise question them personally rather than make a factual case, you get your post deleted. Want to make a post? Create an argument for your position. Want to be deleted? Attack another poster. Easy. Simple.

Then everyone else will need to summon the self-control not to descend to the level of the person who starts down this path. Don't respond. It seems tough. It seems like you are surrendering control, but in actuality, you are retaining control, your dignity and your sanity. Because while the fearful part of you worries that you are alone, in actuality, the majority of posters are tired of the same things you are.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

HAppy New Year! The change of the calender is a time of refreshment. Out with the old, in with the new. Let bygones be bygones.

I wonder what the new hot topic will be for 2009.

HAppy New Year! The change of the calender is a time of refreshment. Out with the old, in with the new. Let bygones be bygones.

Happy New Year Blue Dog!

My prediction, 17 or 18 game schedule and the CBA/uncapped year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

Will the Turtle stay under his shell or stick his head out come free agency time ?

pft.com

FAVRE CRITICIZED BY JETS’ MVP

Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 1, 2009, 11:15 a.m.

New York Jets star quarterback Brett Favre recently caught some not-so-friendly fire from Jets running back Thomas Jones, who sharply criticized the veteran signal caller and suggested that Favre should have been benched during a three-interception meltdown against the Miami Dolphins to close the season.

During an interview with New York radio station Hot 97 FM, Jones took some shots at Favre, breaking the silence from a normally supportive locker room.

“We’re a team and we win together . . . but at the same time, you can’t turn the ball over and expect to win,” Jones said, via Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News. “The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that’s just reality. If I were to sit here and say, ‘Oh, man, it’s okay,’ that’s not reality.

“The reality is, you throw interceptions, I’m [ticked] off, I don’t like it. You know what I’m saying? I don’t like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn’t like it. . . .

“If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game. You’re jeopardizing the whole team because you’re having a bad day. To me, that’s not fair to everybody else. You’re not the only one on the team.”

Jones, who later accused Favre indirectly of “giving the game up,” became the first member of the organization to publicly criticize Favre. (Earlier this week, one teammate made critical comments about Favre without permitting the player’s name to be disclosed. For all we or anyone else knows, the player was Jones.)

It’s not known whether other players in the locker room share Jones’ feelings. But since the players voted Jones (and not Favre) the team’s MVP for 2008, anyone who previously had been on the fence might now feel the same way as Jones.

Obviously, it sets the stage for dysfunction next season, if Favre returns. But the wisdom (intentional or otherwise) of Jones’ words is that, if they spark an anti-Favre sentiment in the locker room, the prideful Lord Favre will surely not want to play for the team again in 2009.

Blog Entries
    Kind of some sad statements; I would point out to Thomas Jones that

1. Normally coaches bench players; they rarely bench themselves or take themselves out of the game.

2. The QB was doing what he thought was his best; Jones comments lack class

Of course I'm sure the cult is taking enjoyment in all of this

Blog Entries
    I find it a lot more disturbing that it appears Favre did not make enough effort to mesh with the Jets and rap with the players. As a new player at a key position, he should have focused on establishing more chemistry with his new team........it appears...........if he did this I doubt many of these quotes would be coming out

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

The 'raising' of Brett Favre is much like the raising of a child. Show me a kid who has been given everything, lacks for nothing, is the center of attention at every family function, has never been told 'NO'. And I'll show you a kid, who when given the chance, siblings, relatives, friends will dump on.

Now with Brett, he earned most of his accalades. Most of those records broken are his. But along the way, mostly in GB.........they made him into someone that was above the game, above the team. Maybe a 'NO', long time ago would have changed the course of things that came. Want a separate locker room, Brett? 'NO', Want to miss parts of early training? 'NO', The 'NO's' never came.
    Just once, after a horrendous game had they benched him and played the backup, maybe he'd have gotten the idea that he was dispensable. Just maybe, if the GB organization hadn't made him the face of the Packers, he wouldn't have thought he was that face. Just maybe if the media hadn't done all those (too many) specials about him, long before he retired, he wouldn't have thought of himself as 'legend' before he became one.
    Favre needs to retire, he needed to retire. It was good once. It's not anymore. It's painful. Anyone close to him, if they care, should be telling him that.
    There is little doubt that Brett Favre was a one-of-a-kind player. I'm just not sure that that lasted 18 years.

This is one of the best summations of the whole topic that I've seen here.
    Well done!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

This is one of the best summations of the whole topic that I've seen here.
    Well done!

Yea, that was really well stated. Bravo PIP.

Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Jones' comment lacks class, what a bunch of crap. it is real funny how the masses, now that they can't blame a lack of a running game, wr's running wrong routes, or a bad Oline, still stick up for a player that was a major cuase in his teams failure when the games counted the most. I applaud Jones for having the balls to say what many have been thinking for quite some time.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Jones was certainly entitled to his thoughts, which many may share, but I don't know if running to the media was the best way to handle it. I wonder if he ever went to Favre personally and told him his play was hurting the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Jones was certainly entitled to his thoughts, which many may share, but I don't know if running to the media was the best way to handle it. I wonder if he ever went to Favre personally and told him his play was hurting the team.
    Do you really think Favre needs to be told this?