Page 102 of 563 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

From what I've heard, Brett was never around to be told that lol! I will always remember him in many big games after throwing multiple pics, running off the field as quickly as possible, reminds me of something the Pats coach would do and get criticized for.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Jones was certainly entitled to his thoughts, which many may share, but I don't know if running to the media was the best way to handle it. I wonder if he ever went to Favre personally and told him his play was hurting the team.
    At the same time though, Brett is no stranger to the whole "manipulate the media into getting your point across for you, so you don't actually have to tell anybody what you're personally thinking" game. Though, I haven't yet heard Favre's cousin respond to Jones's comments.
    </delurk>

I thought Brett's brother was the one that always runs to the media?
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoMac21
    The four or five Packerrats who care about Favre will enjoy this thread very much.

I'm officially renouncing my membership in the Brett Favre fan club. I may re-consider once he is no longer affiliated with enemy teams. If he begs. But for now he is an enemy combatant.

I expect that this deeply disturbs him.
    'enemy teams'..........that would mean any team in the NFL, right?
    'affiliated'.......that would mean putting a jersey and helmet on ?
    Just want to clarify.

Jones may have issues with Favre but you just don't air your dirty lockerroom laundry to the media - and I didn't think Brett should've gone on Fox News' On the Record show doing basically the same thing last summer either.

? HOFer
    Jones never said those things about Grossman. He's trying to make a name for himself. He's a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing.
    07, you have to remember that the type doing the bashing are on the far reaches of the lunatic fringe. The pitiful few that continue their rant over and over.

As such, their views should not have any impact on you. Rather, they should be marginalized as the "black helicopter" crowd they belong to.

Frankly, I'm embarassed for them when I read some of the garbage they spew.

qft
    Baah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Jones never said those things about Grossman. He's trying to make a name for himself. He's a tool.
    I don't recall you taking the same position when Favre said much worse in a much more public setting about subjects more unjustified regarding people in the Packer administration last offseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    It's funny, but I don't remember you having a problem with Brett and his interview on Fox. YOu know, the one where he threw Thompson and Campen under the bus on national TV. Hypocritical much?

After all of this hoopla of players coming out of the woodwork - both on and off record - to criticize Favre, I wonder if he's less likely to reeturn...to that team. I'm going to take a guess here that he waits to see who the new coach is, how the team responds as more questions are asked of them (this story has legs, I'd guess). Ultimately, he might come back...with anotehr team.

It could be the Vikings, I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    After all of this hoopla of players coming out of the woodwork - both on and off record - to criticize Favre, I wonder if he's less likely to reeturn...to that team. I'm going to take a guess here that he waits to see who the new coach is, how the team responds as more questions are asked of them (this story has legs, I'd guess). Ultimately, he might come back...with anotehr team.

It could be the Vikings, I'm thinking.
    Not unless it is in 2010. The Jets own Favres rights. The Jets would have to give him his unconditional release. I guess I could see that happening but I doubt it . I believe the Jets want Favre back but with a FULL commitment and willingness to go to ALL camps and practices. Boy does that sound familar...

It does, doesn't it, Highlander?

I was thinking more that maybe the Jets'd trade Favre...I doubt the Pack could have built a "you can't trade him to the NFC North" next year trade clause, so if a logical team like Minny wanted him, and was willing to give up a third or who knows a fourth rounder, I could see it happening.

Minny might think that playing in a dome would be good for Favre. Favre would get a chance at another division title, and a chance at revenge against the Pack. The Jets would get out from under the burden that seems to be Favre any more.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    I already posted this on the other 'Favre hurt' thread.......

The 'raising' of Brett Favre is much like the raising of a child. Show me a kid who has been given everything, lacks for nothing, is the center of attention at every family function, has never been told 'NO'. And I'll show you a kid, who when given the chance, siblings, relatives, friends will dump on.

Now with Brett, he earned most of his accalades. Most of those records broken are his. But along the way, mostly in GB.........they made him into someone that was above the game, above the team. Maybe a 'NO', long time ago would have changed the course of things that came. Want a separate locker room, Brett? 'NO', Want to miss parts of early training? 'NO', The 'NO's' never came.
    Just once, after a horrendous game had they benched him and played the backup, maybe he'd have gotten the idea that he was dispensable. Just maybe, if the GB organization hadn't made him the face of the Packers, he wouldn't have thought he was that face. Just maybe if the media hadn't done all those (too many) specials about him, long before he retired, he wouldn't have thought of himself as 'legend' before he became one.
    Favre needs to retire, he needed to retire. It was good once. It's not anymore. It's painful. Anyone close to him, if they care, should be telling him that.
    There is little doubt that Brett Favre was a one-of-a-kind player. I'm just not sure that that lasted 18 years.
    This was very well-written, PIP.

I wish he would have just retired last year. I never wanted to see him reach the "he hung on too long" status, but I'm afraid he's past that now.

Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    Jones' comment lacks class, what a bunch of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    I applaud Jones for having the balls to say what many have been thinking for quite some time.

It's funny that a group that is SO happy Favre was traded and doesn't like Favre, spend SO much of their time talking about him. I mean, really, he's no longer a Packer, why do you care?

What's that saying about people that live in glass houses?

Last summer the split (Packers/Favre) was compared to that of a bitter divorce. Well, months later it's sad to see some Packer fans still wishing nasty things on their old partner. Maybe it's just that things didn't go quite as well as some thought they would in 2008 (record) so that's all the more reason to look back and find things to bitch about what you left behind.

What I don't see is why it had to end this way, with some Packers fans reveling in the Jets' failures and Favre's injury and struggles. It's as if they can live with a 6-win season as long as Favre and the Jets suffer, too. Dumb. ~Gene

What if Favre had just pursued a trade after he learned that the Packers didn't want him?

His reputation would still be pure gold in WI. And the pressure on TT and MM would have been FAR greater this past season than it was. Nearly all Packer fans would be wishing Favre well in JEt land. There would still be controversy about whether it was a wise move, but it would be hard not to wish the rejected hero well.

Quote Originally Posted by quote
    On Monday, fourth-year safety Kerry Rhodes told the paper: "If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it. But don't come back if it's going to be halfhearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."
    Now here is just another example of a young player who wants to play his heart out for old #4. OTA's...minis...they don't really matter for a veteran like BF.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    It's funny that a group that is SO happy Favre was traded and doesn't like Favre, spend SO much of their time talking about him. I mean, really, he's no longer a Packer, why do you care?

What's that saying about people that live in glass houses?

Last summer the split (Packers/Favre) was compared to that of a bitter divorce. Well, months later it's sad to see some Packer fans still wishing nasty things on their old partner. Maybe it's just that things didn't go quite as well as some thought they would in 2008 (record) so that's all the more reason to look back and find things to bitch about what you left behind.

What I don't see is why it had to end this way, with some Packers fans reveling in the Jets' failures and Favre's injury and struggles. It's as if they can live with a 6-win season as long as Favre and the Jets suffer, too. Dumb. ~Gene

qft
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Wow check this out. Not sure if it was posted anywhere else yet, but didn't see it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032009...vre_147032.htm

Quote Originally Posted by imscott72
    Wow check this out. Not sure if it was posted anywhere else yet, but didn't see it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032009...vre_147032.htm
    Maybe the guy is just pissed that Mangini gave his new son Brett's name and not Atlas.

Seriously though, I think people are just using Favre as a scape goat right now. It's easy to do, especially because he may very well not be around after this year. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism for his play, but all these remarks to the press just lacks class.