Page 103 of 563 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    ...all these remarks to the press just lacks class.
    Touche.

Ahhh, no more or less class than is exhibited in this thread regularly by people on BOTH sides of the Favre argument. Shall I name names?

I get a kick out of how people keep trying to define themselves as being "above the fray." GBrulz, you are very much in the fray. Vince, probably you too. Everybody who is reading this is in the fray. Its just a continuing food fight, celebrity gossip.

Ya, it kinda sucks that this assistant coach or trainer or whoever is speaking his mind. But that's what everybody is doing. Taking shots at people they disagree with, directly or slyly, and trying to position themselves as being on the side of truth and decency.

The thing I'm wondering about, is in the accounting of "lacks class" who's ahead? The Favre camp or the anti-Favre camp? Certainly, Favre has demonstrated a lack of class in comments to the media in the past (e.g. going on Greta, calling out Javon Walker, having his relatives speak for him to the media), and certainly some of the comments that have come from the Jets coaches and players have lacked class, but karma's a bitch as they say. So, I'm just wondering at what point Brett receives more classless comments than he's received. Should we start feeling sorry for Favre yet?
    </delurk>

Farve basher makes news......so glad he's getting his 15 min.
    Gotta wonder what was Atlas thinking when they were 8-3.
    The Jets were lousy last year, and they were better this year.
    Bitch, Bitch, Bitch................they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

Hmmm.
    They have an outraged fan base, a fired head coach, a loss of team chemistry, a lost MVP-type-season quarterback (who came back to twist the knife right in their own house!), and a lost draft choice.

I;m not sure that's 'laughing' you hear.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ire/index.html

Apparantly Favre is ready to retire. He said it's time for them to look in a different direction at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

Hmmm.
    They have an outraged fan base, a fired head coach, a loss of team chemistry, a lost MVP-type-season quarterback (who came back to twist the knife right in their own house!), and a lost draft choice.

Cranston does have some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/03/peter.king.favre.may.retire/index.html

Apparantly Favre is ready to retire. He said it's time for them to look in a different direction at QB.
    LOL @ the URL: "Favre May Retire"

Hmmm.

Outrage fueled by the media, coach who had alot to prove, and didn't, team chemistry was fine when they were winning..., and about that QB........what was his win-loss last year? The draft pick......you're right.

Hmmm.

Outrage fueled by the media, coach who had alot to prove, and didn't, team chemistry was fine when they were winning..., and about that QB........what was his win-loss last year? The draft pick......you're right.

Outrage seems to be boiling from within.....where there is smoke there is likely fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/03/peter.king.favre.may.retire/index.html

Hauntingly familiar.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Deja Vu all over again.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

Hmmm.

Outrage seems to be boiling from within.....where there is smoke there is likely fire.
    Once again........where was the 'outrage' when they were winning?
    There's no doubt that Favre should retire. But I also think there shouldn't be any doubt that he didn't win OR lose those game alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

Hmmm.

Once again........where was the 'outrage' when they were winning?
    There's no doubt that Favre should retire. But I also think there shouldn't be any doubt that he didn't win OR lose those game alone.

There wasn't any outrage when they were winning. Winning is a deodorant that covers all. Teams that are winning don't care what anyone else is doing. When they don't win and there are issue, they aren't covered up anymore, they fester.

There is, however, little doubt that a better performance by the Jets QB in any of the last few games would have probably put the Jets in the playoffs.

I mean, they lost to Seattle by 13-3 when their QB threw for 187 yards and 2 INTs, and they lost to San Francisco 24-14 when their QB threw for 137 yards and 3 INTs (one TD). Had they won both of those games, they probably would have won the division. One of the things that could have made them win those games was better performance by the QB (whether it was Favre playing better than he did, or somebody else who would have played better.)
    </delurk>

When you come to a fork in the road-take it!
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    There is, however, little doubt that a better performance by the Jets QB in any of the last few games would have probably put the Jets in the playoffs.

I mean, they lost to Seattle by 13-3 when their QB threw for 187 yards and 2 INTs, and they lost to San Francisco 24-14 when their QB threw for 137 yards and 3 INTs (one TD). Had they won both of those games, they probably would have won the division. One of the things that could have made them win those games was better performance by the QB (whether it was Favre playing better than he did, or somebody else who would have played better.)
    OK, OK, OK............I just hate seeing/hearing all this 'piling on'. I'll admit..........I still like the guy.

OK, OK, OK............I just hate seeing/hearing all this 'piling on'. I'll admit..........I still like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Ahhh, no more or less class than is exhibited in this thread regularly by people on BOTH sides of the Favre argument. Shall I name names?

I get a kick out of how people keep trying to define themselves as being "above the fray." GBrulz, you are very much in the fray. Vince, probably you too. Everybody who is reading this is in the fray. Its just a continuing food fight, celebrity gossip.

Ya, it kinda sucks that this assistant coach or trainer or whoever is speaking his mind. But that's what everybody is doing. Taking shots at people they disagree with, directly or slyly, and trying to position themselves as being on the side of truth and decency.
    You are absolutely right. I tried early on to stay above the fray because I was a bit torn on BF leaving. I vocally disagreed with those who called TT a snake and all that, but I didn't trash brett in the beginning even though I thought he was totally in the wrong. Everything I said was rational and without emotion.

All that pretty much ended around week 8 or so when it just got sickening that niether side could let it go. At this point all the arguements have been made and its simply down to anyone who comments (myself very much included) is being snide and nasty. I admit a childish delight in seeing jets players saying exactly what I've been saying from the start....do I need to rub it in...No, but damn its fun!! I'm guilty and I'm sorry but I'll probably do it again.

edit: Its a little hypocritical for Mangini to throw it at favre now after naming his fucking newborn after the guy. I mean, talking about trying to shift the blame. Man up like MM did this year, take some responsibility too. You let the guy run wild all season and you loved it when he was playing well, when he stopped, it was too late to close the barn door.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Brett may retire??? :-o

Peter King was on the NBC pregame show last night and he reiterated his belief that Brett is going to retire. I'm not going to hold my breath. Brett has cried wolf too many times. I too will believe it when the season starts and Brett isn't on anyone's roster.