Page 104 of 563 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

"Reported today on NBC Sports that Favre told me he informed Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum that "it may be time to look in a different direction'' at the quarterback position when they spoke Monday. A day earlier, Favre continued his poor play down the stretch -- the Jets finished by losing four of their last five, ruining their 8-3 start that had them in Super Bowl contention -- in a disastrous three-interception loss to the Dolphins. The Jets fired Eric Mangini as coach ... and could have made Favre's decision about whether to return in 2009 a negative..
    Favre said that Tannenbaum said to him Monday, "If I ask you about your future now, I know what you'll say. So I'm not going to ask you.'' What Tannenbaum did ask Favre is to give his decision some time, that the Jets definitely wanted him back and he should take all the time he needs to decide.

According to King's report............Favre made it clear ..........start thinking of another QB.......Tannenbaum, instead of saying 'OK Brett we'll do that'..........he says 'Take your time, we want you back.'

Yet.....Favre comes out the bad guy in this....

All I can say is, thankfully this isnt the Packers. I'll be glad to have a boring offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    All I can say is, thankfully this isnt the Packers. I'll be glad to have a boring offseason.

A point all can agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    they were lucky they got him, they filled the seats and sold lots of jerseys...........there's some within the Jet org. that are laughing all the way to the bank.

Hmmm.
    They have an outraged fan base, a fired head coach, a loss of team chemistry, a lost MVP-type-season quarterback (who came back to twist the knife right in their own house!), and a lost draft choice.

I;m not sure that's 'laughing' you hear.
    Outrage fueled by the media, coach who had alot to prove, and didn't, team chemistry was fine when they were winning..., and about that QB........what was his win-loss last year? The draft pick......you're right.
    And where is this QB spending the playoffs becuase of his erratic play? win-loss really means nothing and is a waste if you didn't make the playoffs. So what if they went 9-7. They still ended the season just like the 4-12 season: Watching trhe playoffs at home on TV.

"Reported today on NBC Sports that Favre told me he informed Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum that "it may be time to look in a different direction'' at the quarterback position when they spoke Monday. A day earlier, Favre continued his poor play down the stretch -- the Jets finished by losing four of their last five, ruining their 8-3 start that had them in Super Bowl contention -- in a disastrous three-interception loss to the Dolphins. The Jets fired Eric Mangini as coach ... and could have made Favre's decision about whether to return in 2009 a negative..
    Favre said that Tannenbaum said to him Monday, "If I ask you about your future now, I know what you'll say. So I'm not going to ask you.'' What Tannenbaum did ask Favre is to give his decision some time, that the Jets definitely wanted him back and he should take all the time he needs to decide.

According to King's report............Favre made it clear ..........start thinking of another QB.......Tannenbaum, instead of saying 'OK Brett we'll do that'..........he says 'Take your time, we want you back.'

Yet.....Favre comes out the bad guy in this....
    He isn't the bad guy yet. I'll wait until the Jets draft a QB and then Brett changes his mind before I call him the bad guy in this...Oh yea, and after he skips all the minis and OTAs that his teammates participate in.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It doesn't matter. He's going to retire. And he's not coming back this time and he won't be traded anywhere. Even if he demands to be traded, no one will take him. It's done, it's over.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    He isn't the bad guy yet. I'll wait until the Jets draft a QB and then Brett changes his mind before I call him the bad guy in this...Oh yea, and after he skips all the minis and OTAs that his teammates participate in.
    Have they concluded yet that Kellen Clemens is not the answer? Since they already have a relatively high pick invested in that position, they don't necessarily need to spent another. Sign a journeyman, draft a project QB (Chase Daniel?) in the late rounds, and hope Clemens steps up. That wouldn't hurt the Jets a lot if Favre wants to come back in July.
    </delurk>

I am just thankful the Drama is far, far away.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

With all the obsessing over it, it appears some Packer fans miss the so called "drama".

Re: Brett may retire??? :-o

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    Peter King was on the NBC pregame show last night and he reiterated his belief that Brett is going to retire. I'm not going to hold my breath. Brett has cried wolf too many times. I too will believe it when the season starts and Brett isn't on anyone's roster.
    I want to see Brett follow Mangini to Cleveland and play there. What fun! Its all just entertainment.

Those of you worried about Favre's legacy have nothing to fear, that story has already been written. Maybe some people are feeling ashamed of yourselves for hating-on Thompson last summer, embarrassed that TT has been vindicated. Take one step forward if you fall into this catetgory.

I am most against the sentinment that Favre should have stayed retired. Coming back and accepting a gig with the ne'r-d-well Jets showed the best of Brett Favre - his love of the game of football, willingness to take risks, his boyish good nature. I hope he comes back next year, although I REALLY think he should consider being a backup, the season is too long for a senior citizen.

The drama's a lot easier to watch when you know who your quarterback's gonna be next year. Either way it doesn't matter anymore.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    With all the obsessing over it, it appears some Packer fans miss the so called "drama".
    To be fair 007, it seems you are having trouble letting this one go too.

Who cares what anyone else thinks about Favre. Unless they attack you personally, just ignore them if you don't want to get into debate.

People have every right to hate Favre if they want to, just as you have every right to support him. Both he and TT handled that situation poorly, but that doesn't make it a wash necessarily. Few are going to be entirely indifferent as far as that one is concerned. There are just as many that beat the dead horse named Ted Thompson as there are that beat the dead horse named Brett Favre. Since everybody knows how everybody feels, then once again, I'd say the best route to take is to just ignore controversial posts unless you really want to get into that argument.

As far as how Favre's performance this year affects the Packers, I'm a little pissed off too. Had he played the same way in December that he played in October and early November, Green Bay would be getting at least a second round pick from New York. He stunk in December, which made our compensation pick 25-30 slots lower than it should have been IMO. And that's from a Packer fan's perspective - I don't get into it from a Jets fan's perspective, but I could imagine the outrage would be far worse looking at it that way. So by putting the Packers first, there's plenty to be angry with Favre about after the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season.

As far as the retirement drama, as often as we've been dealing with it, one has to admit it does feel like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders without this drama lingering over our heads for the first several months of the offseason. You had to expect a couple of shots at Tannenbaum and the Jets now that he has to deal with it instead. It's not really fair to call people out on it. I am relieved as well to be rid of this hassle, as it is not conducive to building a team and getting prepared for the new season best you can. 2009 can start right away now, instead of having to wait a couple months.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor

Who cares what anyone else thinks about Favre. Unless they attack you personally, just ignore them if you don't want to get into debate.

People have every right to hate Favre if they want to, just as you have every right to support him. Both he and TT handled that situation poorly, but that doesn't make it a wash necessarily. Few are going to be entirely indifferent as far as that one is concerned. There are just as many that beat the dead horse named Ted Thompson as there are that beat the dead horse named Brett Favre. Since everybody knows how everybody feels, then once again, I'd say the best route to take is to just ignore controversial posts unless you really want to get into that argument.
    I don't want to argue with anyone. It's obvious how those who regularly post here feel on the subject and there is no sense in trying to change anyone's mind.

I just think it's childish and a bit pathetic that two months ago the people that were outraged that Favre's name was mentioned on a Packer forum are now the ones that won't stop talking about him....after the end of his 2008 season flopped.

It doesn't really matter and I'm done discussing the whole thing. After all, people are really just showing their true colors by the continued bashing.

In comparing those that have bashed TT and those that continue to bash BF. All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.

Senior Rat HOFer

Re: Brett may retire??? :-o

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    Peter King was on the NBC pregame show last night and he reiterated his belief that Brett is going to retire. I'm not going to hold my breath. Brett has cried wolf too many times. I too will believe it when the season starts and Brett isn't on anyone's roster.
    I want to see Brett follow Mangini to Cleveland and play there. What fun! Its all just entertainment.

Those of you worried about Favre's legacy have nothing to fear, that story has already been written. Maybe some people are feeling ashamed of yourselves for hating-on Thompson last summer, embarrassed that TT has been vindicated. Take one step forward if you fall into this catetgory.

I am most against the sentinment that Favre should have stayed retired. Coming back and accepting a gig with the ne'r-d-well Jets showed the best of Brett Favre - his love of the game of football, willingness to take risks, his boyish good nature. I hope he comes back next year, although I REALLY think he should consider being a backup, the season is too long for a senior citizen.
    Oh boy. Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, AND Brett Favre, all on the same roster? I don't think the Browns own enough footballs...

I sense that a few posters want to get this thread up to about 50 billion responses and then claim some kind of sad moral victory.
    Ok. Consider this a contribution.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I don't want to argue with anyone.
    {4 paragraphs of arguments and accusations deleted}

another above-the-frayer checks in.

Senior Rat HOFer

I don't want to argue with anyone. It's obvious how those who regularly post here feel on the subject and there is no sense in trying to change anyone's mind.

I just think it's childish and a bit pathetic that two months ago the people that were outraged that Favre's name was mentioned on a Packer forum are now the ones that won't stop talking about him....after the end of his 2008 season flopped.

It doesn't really matter and I'm done discussing the whole thing. After all, people are really just showing their true colors by the continued bashing.

In comparing those that have bashed TT and those that continue to bash BF. All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.

both great, and hilarious points... nice work 007

Senior Rat HOFer
    All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.
    I'd agree with you about Favre being a winning QB for the Packers. But TT was every bit as responsible for 13-3 last year as BF, if you want to look at it that way. And in looking at the progression, he started 4-12, went 8-8 the next year through rebuilding, and hosted the NFC Championship game the year after that. Certainly that had something to do with Favre and the players Thompson inherited when he took the job, but it had a lot to do with the players Thompson brought in as well.

Being perfectly fair, you have to remember that TT had a great deal with the construction of the only Seattle Seahawks team to reach the Super Bowl in that franchises history. And he was damn close last year with the Packers, a roster which by that time had been largely rebuilt by Thompson. I think he has a pretty good track record, but that's just my opinion.

16 great years doesn't matter anymore. It's all in the rearview now. The past belongs in a museum or a Hall of Fame, not on a football feild. Nobody gets where they are going by staring at what's behind them. The Jets tried to get there by staring at what was behind us, and are no closer to a Super Bowl win than we were last year.

I don't mean to imply Favre is washed up, but there are a whole bunch of younger players that have more to contribute than Favre at this point. Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed, and honestly feel that at this point he's a better QB in a long 16 game season than Favre is.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.
    LOL, hell REX got there. :P