Page 105 of 563 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor

Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed,
    Me too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    All I can say is this.....Favre proved himself as a winning QB for the Green Bay Packers. TT hasn't proved he's a winning GM yet....time will tell.
    I'd agree with you about Favre being a winning QB for the Packers. But TT was every bit as responsible for 13-3 last year as BF, if you want to look at it that way. And in looking at the progression, he started 4-12, went 8-8 the next year through rebuilding, and hosted the NFC Championship game the year after that. Certainly that had something to do with Favre and the players Thompson inherited when he took the job, but it had a lot to do with the players Thompson brought in as well.

Being perfectly fair, you have to remember that TT had a great deal with the construction of the only Seattle Seahawks team to reach the Super Bowl in that franchises history. And he was damn close last year with the Packers, a roster which by that time had been largely rebuilt by Thompson. I think he has a pretty good track record, but that's just my opinion.

16 great years doesn't matter anymore. It's all in the rearview now. The past belongs in a museum or a Hall of Fame, not on a football feild. Nobody gets where they are going by staring at what's behind them. The Jets tried to get there by staring at what was behind us, and are no closer to a Super Bowl win than we were last year.

I don't mean to imply Favre is washed up, but there are a whole bunch of younger players that have more to contribute than Favre at this point. Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed, and honestly feel that at this point he's a better QB in a long 16 game season than Favre is.

I tend to give TT a pass on the 4-12 season
    But if we give credit for 8-8 to 13-3 you should also throw a dart at him for 13-3 to 6-10.

And for what it's worth overall I think TT has did a decent job but I'm probably one of the few closer to the middle that on one extreme or the other
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Don't mean to distract here........but Pennington just threw his 3rd pick....hmmmm......

Senior Rat HOFer

Maybe Rodgers isn't either, I don't know. But I'm excited to see him finally get his opportunity to succeed,
    Me too.

Ditto! And everyone knows I wanted it a year later than it happened but I hope he can be the big piece of the offense that the west coast needs. I also hope we get a GM in here that can build strength in the lines. Until Snake TT leaves, Rodgers will struggle to win games, let alone a SB, with no help in either of those categories.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    I sense that a few posters want to get this thread up to about 50 billion responses and then claim some kind of sad moral victory.
    Ok. Consider this a contribution.

Thanks for contributing w/o throwing out any sarcastic rips
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    And for what it's worth overall I think TT has did a decent job but I'm probably one of the few closer to the middle that on one extreme or the other
    Get the old Turtle avatar back. :P

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.
    A QB that won't turn the ball over multiple times when the weather gets bad.

The Trent Dilfers and the Brad Johnson's of the world would not have won rings, even with the outstanding defensive teams backing them up, if they turned the ball over multiple times a game once winter rolled around. You throw 3 picks in a playoff game and you lose - there aren't any Lions or Raiders playing in January. Teams who make it this far take advantage of gifts.

Favre has become a very generous giver to opponents for a month now. It's been a trend for him to become a very generous giver around the holidays, even as a Packer, for a few seasons now. This hasn't been some kind of anomaly.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Don't mean to distract here........but Pennington just threw his 3rd pick....hmmmm......

doesnt that belong in the todays games thread?

Senior Rat HOFer
    Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.
    LOL, hell REX got there. :P
    Not by being careless when it mattered most.

Just wanted to make sure eveyone was aware.........

Senior Rat HOFer

Just wanted to make sure eveyone was aware.........
    Now let's see if the Fins win the game. Something tells me this is only going to bolster my position.

If the Jets were playing the Ravens today, how many do you suppose Favre would have thrown?
    </delurk>

But I am sure he's having fun out there!

No, c'mon, its a joke. Seriously, I was just kidding! Not a hater! Maybe perturbed at one time or another, but not hate!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer

LOL, hell REX got there. :P
    Not by being careless when it mattered most.

you cant be believing the crap that comes outta your mouth all the time can you? You're putting WAAAAAAY too much on the QB for winning or even getting to SB's. Complete teams win SB's. We had one of them while Brett was in GB (I know, arguably 2, but a combination Holmy getting ready to leave and we took being there for granted lost us that game)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    If the Jets were playing the Ravens today, how many do you suppose Favre would have thrown?
    Guess we'll never know........have to work with what is....not the what ifs.

Senior Rat HOFer
    probably one... right before half to get the ravens back into the game for the 2nd half but then T. Jones woulda took over that half and the ravens wouldnt of seen the ball... Jets 27 - Ravens 13

haha jk

Blog Entries

I need hope for next year; the avatar needs to provide next year with better karma

If they are not going to pony up we need to find new bikini girls

I need hope for next year; the avatar needs to provide next year with better karma

But your avatar is Rodgers, not the bikini girls. I think I saw them yesterday. What happened, did your wife see? :P

Blog Entries

But your avatar is Rodgers, not the bikini girls. I think I saw them yesterday. What happened, did your wife see? :P

What are you talking about ? My avatar is the bikini girls, isn't it ????