Page 106 of 563 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

What are you talking about ? My avatar is the bikini girls, isn't it ????
    It is. If you're not seeing the bikini girls, clear your cache.
    </delurk>

LOL not on my screen. It's your old Rodgers one. Like I said, I think I saw it yesterday. ....now gone.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.
    A QB that won't turn the ball over multiple times when the weather gets bad.

The Trent Dilfers and the Brad Johnson's of the world would not have won rings, even with the outstanding defensive teams backing them up, if they turned the ball over multiple times a game once winter rolled around. You throw 3 picks in a playoff game and you lose - there aren't any Lions or Raiders playing in January. Teams who make it this far take advantage of gifts.

Favre has become a very generous giver to opponents for a month now. It's been a trend for him to become a very generous giver around the holidays, even as a Packer, for a few seasons now. This hasn't been some kind of anomaly.
    That's funny because Ryan Grant gave the ball away as much as anyone in the playoffs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64

Geez, maybe everyone's is different and I haven't noticed.

How do I do that?

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Favre is no longer a SB caliber QB, and that much is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is a SB caliber QB? There have been guys that won them that don't even belong starting in this league.
    LOL, hell REX got there. :P
    Not by being careless when it mattered most.

you cant be believing the crap that comes outta your mouth all the time can you? You're putting WAAAAAAY too much on the QB for winning or even getting to SB's. Complete teams win SB's. We had one of them while Brett was in GB (I know, arguably 2, but a combination Holmy getting ready to leave and we took being there for granted lost us that game)
    You are reading this the wrong way. I don't put too much on a QB's shoulders for winning. But if you are the QB, and you throw the ball to the other team regularly, and we lose the game because of all the turnovers... I sure as hell can put a heavy chunk on you for losing. Thus is the story of December for the 2008 Jets.

The Jets are not in the playoffs this year mostly because Brett Favre threw, fuck, more INT's than I can count in the last month. Are you really going to argue that with me? Seriously, how can you not lay the largest share of the blame for the Jets failure to make the playoffs on the QB who imploded down the stretch? I'm not trying to pick a fight, that's just how it is. Turnovers KILL TEAMS. Turnovers KILLED the 2008 Jets.

This argument aside, weren't you one of the ones who had suggested that the Packers went 13-3 last year BECAUSE of Brett Favre? Wasn't it YOU who would routinely put WAAAAY to much on the QB for winning? Just wondering, so I know which side you stand on. I'd hate to call you out for something that wasn't true...
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

A QB that won't turn the ball over multiple times when the weather gets bad.

The Trent Dilfers and the Brad Johnson's of the world would not have won rings, even with the outstanding defensive teams backing them up, if they turned the ball over multiple times a game once winter rolled around. You throw 3 picks in a playoff game and you lose - there aren't any Lions or Raiders playing in January. Teams who make it this far take advantage of gifts.

Favre has become a very generous giver to opponents for a month now. It's been a trend for him to become a very generous giver around the holidays, even as a Packer, for a few seasons now. This hasn't been some kind of anomaly.
    That's funny because Ryan Grant gave the ball away as much as anyone in the playoffs last year.
    True. Favre gave the ball away too. It all adds up - we didn't win a ring.

But you missed the point entirely, apparently. I was talking about a SB caliber QB, and you made an argument about a RB. Funny.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Blog Entries

How do I do that?

WHEW.............I thought I'd lost them

Normally you can go to tools at top of browser and then go to options to clear out cache
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

How do I do that?

WHEW.............I thought I'd lost them

Normally you can go to tools at top of browser and then go to options to clear out cache
    Try CTRL and F5 to do a full refresh of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    This is very important for 007 cuz she loves chix too
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

? HOFer
    So hot.

This is very important for 007 cuz she loves chix too
    B--> <--007

Back to the real topic (you guys can carry on later)

4 INT's...........

Quote Originally Posted by Zool

Thanks Zool, that worked.

OMG........the bikini girls have mustaches!!!

:P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Back to the real topic (you guys can carry on later)

4 INT's...........

This game sucks; Detroit against Green Bay might be more entertaining !

Hey, Jim Leonard just caught the fast guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool

Thanks Zool, that worked.

OMG........the bikini girls have mustaches!!!

:P

stop looking.........oh I can even say it

? HOFer
    _| |_

Gotta love Jimmy. Walk-on to an all-american, right?

Senior Rat HOFer
    Freak Out wrote:
    The Raven defense will make any QB look bad....."MVP" Pennington made some bad decisions to hurt his cause today but the Raven D was pretty damn tough.

Now this is just an awesome memory!

Favre
    27 of 34, 337 yards, 3 TD's

"The way he played today explains why he's the three-time MVP quarterback," Starks said.

"We couldn't do anything to frustrate him," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "We couldn't blitz him as much as we wanted to and hit him in the backfield because he was getting the ball off going downfield. We couldn't get him off his game. And that's what we usually do to a quarterback. But Brett didn't allow us to do that."

"Brett keeps things alive," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "That's part of his magic. He has the knack to break contain, back away and wait until the last second and make a throw. He's a phenomenal athlete, and they made the big plays when they needed to. They have a Hall of Fame quarterback and deserved to win today."

He shredded the Ravens' secondary with 17 completions to wide receivers - picking on cornerback Chris McAlister at times deep - and three passes of more than 36 yards. Against a defense that hadn't allowed a touchdown drive of more than 33 yards, Favre engineered ones of 74, 80 and 82 yards.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Freak Out wrote:
    The Raven defense will make any QB look bad....."MVP" Pennington made some bad decisions to hurt his cause today but the Raven D was pretty damn tough.

Now this is just an awesome memory!

Favre
    27 of 34, 337 yards, 3 TD's

"The way he played today explains why he's the three-time MVP quarterback," Starks said.

"We couldn't do anything to frustrate him," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "We couldn't blitz him as much as we wanted to and hit him in the backfield because he was getting the ball off going downfield. We couldn't get him off his game. And that's what we usually do to a quarterback. But Brett didn't allow us to do that."

"Brett keeps things alive," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "That's part of his magic. He has the knack to break contain, back away and wait until the last second and make a throw. He's a phenomenal athlete, and they made the big plays when they needed to. They have a Hall of Fame quarterback and deserved to win today."

He shredded the Ravens' secondary with 17 completions to wide receivers - picking on cornerback Chris McAlister at times deep - and three passes of more than 36 yards. Against a defense that hadn't allowed a touchdown drive of more than 33 yards, Favre engineered ones of 74, 80 and 82 yards.
    For as many games like that, it pains me to look at games in the playoffs like the Rams and the Vikings a few years ago where he made their defensive backs look like the best in the league.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman
    For as many games like that, it pains me to look at games in the playoffs like the Rams and the Vikings a few years ago where he made their defensive backs look like the best in the league.
    You mean the years we didnt have the best team in the NFL and lost in the playoffs?... get over it

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman
    You mean the years we didnt have the best team in the NFL and lost in the playoffs?... get over it
    Um, if we won the NFC North and then lost to the Vikings who were a Wild Card team doesn't that mean we were better than them for 16 games?
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley