Page 111 of 563 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Come on........where's your sense of humor?

I take that back.......maybe you don't need a sense of humor....just the facts.

Q. What is Brett Favre's career win-loss record versus the Bears?

A. Brett Favre is 22-8 against the Bears. That's his most career regular-season wins against any opponent.

http://www.packers.com/team/stats/ask_elias/

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    I notice the continued predilection of comparing Favre with Hamlet, ostensibly because they share the same indecisive nature. However, I see a comparison far more grim; namely that Favre, as he ponders and wavers over his retirement, ultimately succeeds in poisoning everyone around him, until at last, with not one, not two, but three agonal gasps, finally expires after tossing one final touchdown. O, bitter victory! O, I am slain! (dies)

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    As a Packer fan, my opinion of that article is that I hope the Packers and Jets work out a deal where the Jets can trade Favre to the Vikes and the Pack will accept "only" a second round pick from Minnesota. The Queens would give the Jets a third, the Pack a second, and Favre gets one more year - in a dome.

That's my fantasy.
    Have you gotten into Ty's supply of crack?

"A man has gotta dream...it's in his nature."

Death of a Salesman

Rex, forget Favre and check out options

Bob Glauber
    January 21, 2009

Rex Ryan will be officially introduced today as the Jets' coach, and it won't be long before reporters grill him on the biggest issue he faces: What to do with Brett Favre?

The 39-year-old quarterback continues to deliberate about his future at his Mississippi home and may not have an answer for several weeks. And Ryan will in all likelihood dance around the issue out of respect to Favre.

But with the first-year head coach coming off a season watching a rookie quarterback lead the Ravens to the AFC Championship Game, and with Favre coming off a season in which he imploded down the stretch, it is understandable if Ryan wishes to proceed with a different quarterback in 2009.

OK, let me put that a different way: If Ryan thinks Favre is the answer, he's nuts.

Favre is long past his prime, had arm problems late in the season and lost four of his last five games, throwing two touchdown passes and nine interceptions. His partially torn right biceps might need surgery. But does Ryan really want an aging, ailing quarterback for his first season?

If there's any doubt, perhaps Ryan should look at Favre's downward trend the last four seasons. In December games since 2005, Favre has thrown 13 TD passes and 31 interceptions.

The numbers don't lie.

Favre has been a pleasure to watch for the majority of his mostly brilliant career. Believe me, there is no joy in writing that it is time to retire. But the time comes for all the great ones, and Favre's time has come. It is over. So what does Ryan do at football's most important position? There are plenty of options to deal with life after Favre:

Sign Matt Cassel in a nanosecond if he's a free agent

OK, so it's not going to happen, because the Patriots are almost certain to use the franchise tag on Cassel with the uncertainty surrounding Tom Brady's recovery from knee surgery. But stranger things have happened. If the Pats let him go, it's a no-brainer to go after him.

Trade for Derek Anderson

The Browns quarterback will almost certainly be on the market after losing his job to Brady Quinn. If former Jets coach Eric Mangini, now the Browns' boss, wants to keep one or the other, Anderson would surely be the one to go.

I think he is a decent quarterback who was caught up in an awful situation this season. He's 25. He's 6-5, 230. He has a big arm. In 2007, he threw for 29 TDs and ran for three. This season, with Quinn hovering and a preseason concussion leaving Anderson unprepared for the regular season, he stumbled badly. But there is still something there. He's worth consideration.

Bring back Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff

Let them slug it out in a training-camp competition.

This is the most viable option, and it's likely to happen. Clemens still has a year left on his rookie contract, and Ratliff showed plenty of promise.

A few minutes after Favre was introduced at a news conference in Cleveland after his Aug. 6 trade, Ratliff put on a terrific show in his only meaningful playing time in the preseason. His first pass was a 71-yard touchdown to David Clowney, and Ratliff also threw a 70-yard TD to Clowney. Ratliff turned into an afterthought once Favre came aboard, but his performance in preseason, when he outplayed Clemens, should not be forgotten.

Clemens believes he's better for having been around Favre and Chad Pennington, and there's no reason not to give him one more shot. He might not have it, but sometimes it takes a few years for the light to come on for a quarterback.

Draft a quarterback

Forget about Georgia's Matthew Stafford. He'll be a Lion in 2009. But USC's Mark Sanchez might be there at No. 17, or the Jets can try to move up. Sanchez may not be ready to play right away, but that's what the Ravens thought about Joe Flacco.

There are other options, none of them likely or palatable. Kurt Warner's contract is up, but he won't play anywhere but Arizona. Kerry Collins wants to start in Tennessee or retire. Rex Grossman is far too erratic.

The preference here: Trade for Anderson, bring back Clemens and Ratliff, and let the thing play itself out.

Sign free agent Byron Leftwich

The Steelers' backup did well in limited action in place of the injured Ben Roethlisberger. With starting experience from his days in Jacksonville, it's too soon to write him off as a full-time starter.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

The 39-year-old quarterback continues to deliberate
    ahhh yes, memories.

Anyone catch the cartoon in a new york paper by Walk Handelsman...

two Jets fans pondering.

1st guy, "...think Favre should throw in the towel?..."
    2nd guy, "...it would probably be intercepted."

Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Even Ron Jaworski was quoted as saying that NOW is the time to ditch Favre and build around a new QB.

Jets are already over the cap and Favre would make $13 million this season.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Sounds like the Vikings is the place.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Go get em Brett!!!!

if hes coming back, do it for his reasons... not cuz someone tells u to keep playing or not, but comeback because u love to play and can still do it.. and thats that!

Blog Entries
    This is gonna happen, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
    What's happening?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
    What's happening?
    The whole swirl of speculation around Brett with the main ? being whether or not he'll go to the Vikings.

Oh shit, just shoot me.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    As a Packer fan, my opinion of that article is that I hope the Packers and Jets work out a deal where the Jets can trade Favre to the Vikes and the Pack will accept "only" a second round pick from Minnesota. The Queens would give the Jets a third, the Pack a second, and Favre gets one more year - in a dome.

That's my fantasy.
    Have you gotten into Ty's supply of crack?
    Some things arent' funny....like joking about someone getting into my supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Sounds like the Vikings is the place.

Fine with me.
    Wouldn't at all mind him -with his current skills levels - in the division.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

If I was Ted Thompson and I could swing a three way deal ( Packers-Jets-any other team) that in any way, would project into the future as a Packer benefit.

I'd allow Favre to try to play anywhere now. Even the Vikings.

Favre looks done.

I say he should retire and that hurts with him being so close to the consecutive all position games start record. He should have retire by now though so maybe it's another here we go again. I refuse that scenario, to in anyway affect me ever again.

GO PACKERS!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    If Rice gets healthy, he and Wade are well suited for the short slants and such that he did so well in Green Bay.
    I'm not sure about this.

I am

Then again, I ain't always right!
    Wade..short slants? Unless you are content with only gaining the passing yads and no YAC..sounds great.

Wade has no wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    If I was Ted Thompson and I could swing a three way deal ( Packers-Jets-any other team) that in any way, would project into the future as a Packer benefit.

I'd allow Favre to try to play anywhere now. Even the Vikings.

Favre looks done.

I say he should retire and that hurts with him being so close to the consecutive all position games start record. He should have retire by now though so maybe it's another here we go again. I refuse that scenario, to in anyway affect me ever again.

GO PACKERS!
    Then there's this:

01-21-2009, 07:08 PM
    The Green Titan
    Veteran Join Date: Dec 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually the list is pretty big

Quarterback:

Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos
    Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
    Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
    Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
    Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
    J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
    Kyle Orton, UFA, Chicago Bears
    Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
    Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Charlie Frye UFA Seattle Seahawks
    Brooks Bollinger UFA Dallas Cowboys
    Chris Simms UFA Tennessee Titans
    J.T. O’Sullivan UFA San Francisco 49ers
    Matt Gutierrez UFA New England Patriots
    Gibran Hamdan UFA Buffalo Bills
    Luke McCown UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Brock Berlin RFA St Louis Rams
    Shane Boyd RFA Houston Texans

I'd expect a QB to come from FA if Favre doesn't return this year.

And if Favre leaves, I highly doubt that the Jets will go into next year with a rookie QB. I'm telling you right now, and Rex said it, they are on a 4 year mission to the Super Bowl and a "not proven" QB would be too much of a risk for any team with the bar set that high.

Besides, the writings on the wall, Favre is coming back!

GO PACKERS!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau