Page 112 of 563 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I know, I know......rumors..........

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...nts-favre-back

Jets owner wants Favre backViews 66098 Comments 145 05:38 AM ET 01.23 Share Print It My T&R Woody Johnson found his coach this week, now he's turned his eyes to his quarterback - and he's looking at you, Brett Favre. Johnson reiterated his desire to have Favre under center in 2009 on WFAN yesterday afternoon. The Jets owner believes No. 4 is still the answer for the Jets, but he did say new coach Rex Ryan will have input in the decision and general manager Mike Tannenbaum will have final say. "I'm not going to bully them," Johnson said, "but I like [Favre], and I think we can win with him." What does Favre think? No one seems to know. Tannenbaum said Favre is hunting in Louisiana at the moment, and the team does not plan on talking to him until next month to find out if he's leaning toward retirement.

New York Post

Favre and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will talk after Super Bowl XLIII, a discussion that could occur as early as next week, a league source said Wednesday. The two sides need to discuss whether Favre wants to return for another season in New York and whether the Jets want him back.

They also wanted to wait until the Jets had a new coach, which they now do, and when they knew whether offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer would return to New York, which he will.

Now that those questions have been addressed, it is time to focus on Favre and his future.

While there are questions attached to the various scenarios between Favre and the Jets, there no longer is a question about the condition of the quarterback’s torn biceps tendon. Favre no longer believes he will need surgery on it. It always could change the next time Favre throws, but now, he will not need the surgery that some had forecasted.

But the real questions are whether Favre will play and, if so, where. As early as next week, those answers will begin to crystalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    Anyone catch the cartoon in a new york paper by Walk Handelsman...

two Jets fans pondering.

1st guy, "...think Favre should throw in the towel?..."
    2nd guy, "...it would probably be intercepted."
    Here it is:
    http://www.cagle.com/working/090106/walthandelsman.jpg
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

So, if Brett is no longer a Jet, will we have to start a new Brett thread? :P

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    "Brett the Viking" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Brett the Jet", does it???

IF he Jets do indeed give Brett his unconditional release, would the Vikings still want him?? Do they want a 40 year old QB whose best days are clearly behind him with a bum shoulder who has no love for off season conditioning?? Everyone saw how his play plummetted in December. Unless Brett gets himself into football shape in the offseason we will all see a repeat of December 08 in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    "Brett the Viking" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Brett the Jet", does it???
    "Brett the Queen" works well

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    No, you really don't, if he's not a Green Bay Packer.

I think an Ahmad the Jet thread will be necessary then as well.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Tannenbaum said Favre is hunting in Louisiana at the moment, and the team does not plan on talking to him until next month to find out if he's leaning toward retirement.

New York Post

I thought he was going hunting in PA wth Matt Millen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    As a Packer fan, my opinion of that article is that I hope the Packers and Jets work out a deal where the Jets can trade Favre to the Vikes and the Pack will accept "only" a second round pick from Minnesota. The Queens would give the Jets a third, the Pack a second, and Favre gets one more year - in a dome.

That's my fantasy.
    That seems way to logical for TT.

That would be one of those 'everybody wins' scenarios. Too complicated for Ted Thompson. The Duhhhh Man.

GO PACK GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Favre and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will talk after Super Bowl XLIII, a discussion that could occur as early as next week, a league source said Wednesday. The two sides need to discuss whether Favre wants to return for another season in New York and whether the Jets want him back.

They also wanted to wait until the Jets had a new coach, which they now do, and when they knew whether offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer would return to New York, which he will.

Now that those questions have been addressed, it is time to focus on Favre and his future.

While there are questions attached to the various scenarios between Favre and the Jets, there no longer is a question about the condition of the quarterback’s torn biceps tendon. Favre no longer believes he will need surgery on it. It always could change the next time Favre throws, but now, he will not need the surgery that some had forecasted.

But the real questions are whether Favre will play and, if so, where. As early as next week, those answers will begin to crystalize.
    Solid info. LADY.

Thank You.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Looking at Favre's performance in cold weather games (playoffs, NFC Championship) as of late & his strange switch in cold weather dominance (overall was 43-5 below 34 degrees before NFC championship last year). But he looked like he - with age only - can't handle playing in the bitter cold.

It may be part of why he plays so well in the first half of seasons as of the last few years.

Being a Viking, you know you have to play 2 outdoor games in the NFC North at a minimum (CHI, GB) - but could be in the beginning of the year (sept 08 with Minny last year) or later in the year... it's a gamble.

But he'd be guaranteed 9 indoor games in the NFC North (8 home, 1 away).

And not have to worry about the cold. Then there's his play inside stadiums (DAL, STL, DET) especially. But he won a Superbowl in NO and made a great throw in a wildcard game vs DET in early career.

Maybe Favre trades off and plays well indoors as of late... and then looks at MN, DET or DAL. No one wants to see Brett be a Lion - it's sad watching them. And Brett won't play for a terrible team. He's not replacing Romo in Dallas either. So it's logical to want to be a Viking.

Should he? No. Not worth it and he doesn't need money or records or rings or accolades - or criticism.

Just retire already - for good this time.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Looking at Favre's performance in cold weather games (playoffs, NFC Championship) as of late & his strange switch in cold weather dominance (overall was 43-5 below 34 degrees before NFC championship last year). But he looked like he - with age only - can't handle playing in the bitter cold.

It may be part of why he plays so well in the first half of seasons as of the last few years.

Being a Viking, you know you have to play 2 outdoor games in the NFC North at a minimum (CHI, GB) - but could be in the beginning of the year (sept 08 with Minny last year) or later in the year... it's a gamble.

And not have to worry about the cold. Then there's his play inside stadiums (DAL, STL, DET) especially. But he won a Superbowl in NO and made a great throw in a wildcard game vs DET in early career.

Maybe Favre trades off and plays well indoors as of late... and then looks at MN, DET or DAL. No one wants to see Brett be a Lion - it's sad watching them. And Brett won't play for a terrible team. He's not replacing Romo in Dallas either. So it's logical to want to be a Viking.

Should he? No. Not worth it and he doesn't need money or records or rings or accolades - or criticism.

Doesn't really explain why he played for shit at SF. Guy is old, was out of shape, and he hurt his shoulder. And for good measure, the team around him didn't exactly play lights out either. With the torn muscle, you would think retiring would be a no-brainer, but Favre doesn't use the rational part of his melon to make these decisions.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

Doesn't really explain why he played for shit at SF. Guy is old, was out of shape, and he hurt his shoulder. And for good measure, the team around him didn't exactly play lights out either. With the torn muscle, you would think retiring would be a no-brainer, but Favre doesn't use the rational part of his melon to make these decisions.
    I'm beginning to wonder if he even has a rational part of his melon.

Blog Entries
    It's the old 112 page thread bump.

Somebody needs to start a cat fight to rev up the thread.

HH, wanna pick on Mad or something?

Didn't Woody Johnson also say this week at his presser that he would expect Brett to participate in the offseason program? If that is not just posturing, then it sounds like he is inviting him back publicly but planting the idea that Favre may not want to return under certain conditions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Woody Johnson
    that's a funny name

Blog Entries
    Didn't Woody Johnson also say this week at his presser that he would expect Brett to participate in the offseason program? If that is not just posturing, then it sounds like he is inviting him back publicly but planting the idea that Favre may not want to return under certain conditions.
    IMO Woody really does want Favre back; the GM is in the middle
    And I doubt a new coach would want him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    IMO Woody really does want Favre back; the GM is in the middle
    And I doubt a new coach would want him
    I bet the Bikini Girls want him to continue to play.

.....now what are you gonna say? lol