Page 113 of 563 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Didn't Woody Johnson also say this week at his presser that he would expect Brett to participate in the offseason program? If that is not just posturing, then it sounds like he is inviting him back publicly but planting the idea that Favre may not want to return under certain conditions.
    IMO Woody really does want Favre back; the GM is in the middle
    And I doubt a new coach would want him
    I bet the Bikini Girls want him to continue to play.

.....now what are you gonna say? lol

I suppport anything the Bikini Girls twins want
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

is favre still a top 10 qb?
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

EZ question without the blinders

NO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.

Wow..."Woody Johnson" - what a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.
    And the Vikings would be morons for it. He has a bum shoulder and they have other questions marks, mostly the lard ass twins. Childress has enough problems as it is. He doesn't need the circus coming to town.

I like to think the Vikings ARE a circus. Sorry, Ras.

Blog Entries
    The Vikings would be smart to bring Favre in if he was cut. He needs to be in a dome or hot weather. It's a venue he could do very well at. Sorry cpk; I know your hate disallows you to do anything but rip on Favre in here but he was hurt last year and is suppose to get better w/o the surgery.

I'm repeating myself but I wonder if indeed the queens are really interested in Favre. Unless Brett changes his tune and conditions himself like an older player must to withstand the rigors of an NFL season he will run out of steam again come December next year even tho he's playing in that Humpty Dump. And would they/could they pay Brett his accustomed millions? Are they up against the cap? Would they ask Brett to take a pay cut?

This move would really endear himself to Packer fans. If he did go to the Vikes - if the Jets release him and the queens want him - that would be the last straw for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I'm repeating myself but I wonder if indeed the queens are really interested in Favre. Unless Brett changes his tune and conditions himself like an older player must to withstand the rigors of an NFL season he will run out of steam again come December next year even tho he's playing in that Humpty Dump. And would they/could they pay Brett his accustomed millions? Are they up against the cap? Would they ask Brett to take a pay cut?

This move would really endear himself to Packer fans. If he did go to the Vikes - if the Jets release him and the queens want him - that would be the last straw for me!

They have a decent amount of cap space and I would assume he'd be playing for alot less than 10 mil. Frerotte took a pretty good beating last year so I have my strong doubts he'd last anywhere near the entire season.

Tp cpk's point, I wouldn't in the least worry about the "circus", because he'd likely have a one year deal, IMHO. Plus, if he plays next year, which I have my doubts, it would surely be his last.

Oops, hit the wrong button.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger

They have a decent amount of cap space and I would assume he'd be playing for alot less than 10 mil. Frerotte took a pretty good beating last year so I have my strong doubts he'd last anywhere near the entire season.

Tp cpk's point, I wouldn't in the least worry about the "circus", because he'd likely have a one year deal, IMHO. Plus, if he plays next year, which I have my doubts, it would surely be his last.
    You really haven't been paying any attention to Favre the last couple of years have you?

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    The Vikings would be smart to bring Favre in if he was cut. He needs to be in a dome or hot weather. It's a venue he could do very well at. Sorry cpk; I know your hate disallows you to do anything but rip on Favre in here but he was hurt last year and is suppose to get better w/o the surgery.
    This has nothing to do with my Favre hate. This has to do with common sense. It is way to risky for the Vikings to do. They have questions as to how many games the Williams's will play. ANd you wnat them to bring in a 40 year old QB? Being in a dome or hot weather is not the answer becuase it does not explain the SF game. Childress has enough problems that he can't seem to control. Favre just makes things worse. There are better options at QB out there that will give them more than one year. It's no different that the Rodgers vs. Favre debate.
    EDIT: And to blame Favre's dipping play at the end of the season to an injury reeks of excuse making BS. His decision making was horrible the last month of the season and that hasn't changed over the last 5 years.

This has nothing to do with my Favre hate. This has to do with common sense. It is way to risky for the Vikings to do. They have questions as to how many games the Williams's will play. ANd you wnat them to bring in a 40 year old QB? Being in a dome or hot weather is not the answer becuase it does not explain the SF game. Childress has enough problems that he can't seem to control. Favre just makes things worse. There are better options at QB out there that will give them more than one year. It's no different that the Rodgers vs. Favre debate.
    EDIT: And to blame Favre's dipping play at the end of the season to an injury reeks of excuse making BS. His decision making was horrible the last month of the season and that hasn't changed over the last 5 years.

It may very well have been the injury. You don't have any inside knowledge I'm guessing.

That having been said, I tend to agree with your point, although neither of us know for sure.

Blog Entries

ya; sure

It has everything to do with your hate; anybody who pays attention to the forum IMO would agree with me.

It has everything to do with your hate; anybody who pays attention to the forum IMO would agree with me.
    Bretsky is getting vicious. I think cpk1994 and Bretsky both need the quarter treatment. Madtown, do your thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Bretsky is getting vicious. I think cpk1994 and Bretsky both need the quarter treatment. Madtown, do your thing.

you should be the Pot Stirring Rat

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

EZ question without the blinders

NO
    07- top 5
    08- top 20 (between 15-20)

It sucks, but its true.....

ya; sure

No it doesn't. I am probably the only one on this forum who actually likes Childress and that is based off of his time at Wisconsin and the two Rose Bowl wins he was an instrumental part in. I can be objective enough to see that Favre at this point would be bad for the Vikings unless you can guarantee a SB. But you can't do that.