Page 115 of 563 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I think you have to blame the coaching staff and Favre's starting streak as much as anything for his late season drop off.
    Any other QB in the league would be benched if he were injured. With Favre, it seems that nobody wants to bench him. Nobody wants to be the guy who goes down in history as the person or persons who benched the QB with the longest starting streak in the history of the NFL.
    It seems kind of stupid in so many ways. It would have benefitted the team and Favre if he were to have been benched towards the end of the season to rest his arm, and yet.......... it didnt happen.

While Favre should take a portion of the blame for this, I myself have to question the intelligence of the people in charge. I'm guessing this may have been part of the reason that Man-genius got fired.

Blog Entries
    Well, now that everyone is over their individual "shit fits"...

This word from the Minny Star Trib

" Favre won’t be traded to the Vikings by the New York Jets because the Jets would then have to give three first-round picks to the Green Bay Packers. That poison pill was inserted last summer when the Jets acquired Favre from Green Bay and applies if Favre is dealt to any team in the NFC North.

But that does not mean the Jets couldn’t release Favre, enabling him to sign with any team he wants. Meanwhile, surprise, surprise, it still remains to be seen what Favre is going to do. King reported today that Favre and Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum talked the other day and Tannenbaum said he was in no hurry for Favre to make a decision on his future. According to King, the decision could take “months.”

But Newsday refuted that report, saying the Jets hope to have an indication from Favre by the time the NFL combine begins on Feb. 18. Here is that story.

If the Vikings do have any interest in Favre – and we are saying IF – they likely won’t want Favre taking months to decide. If Favre does try to take as long as possible to make his decision, the Vikings very well will have to look elsewhere if they plan to go outside the organization to address their quarterback situation."

The Jets almost HAVE to release Favre based on their cap situation. Mangini got bagged for Tannenbaum's screw-up, it looks from here.

It will be a trip, I assure you.

So Brett Favre may become a salary cap casualty? God, I hope he retires before that happens. I will say if the Jets are going to release him, they owe it to Favre to do it early so that he may have some options. Really though, I think it's time for Favre to call it a career and accept the adulation he is due from Packer nation.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.
    And the Vikings would be morons for it. He has a bum shoulder and they have other questions marks, mostly the lard ass twins. Childress has enough problems as it is. He doesn't need the circus coming to town.
    When hasn't Brett Favre had an injury that he had to coax along, especially the shoulder? He's a war horse!!
    I can feel it in my stomach that the Vikes would be quite eager to talk
    with Favre, get a feel for his current approach for playing 16 games. Over in Jets Nation there are many who feel he's still their best chance at
    winning anything this coming season. Very divided. If Brett wouldn't require any sort of approval from TT, I can see him checking it out. Would it hurt?
    Isn't he first ballot HOF?
    Yes, but he will be 40 years old. His play hasn't held up for a full 16 games now for a few years as Patler noted. That war horse is breaking down. A large risk for the Vikings.

cpk, why are you so concerned with the Vikings well-being? If Favre comes to MN with the circus & all the distractions, wouldn't you be happy? Unless of course, you think he can still play and actually be a threat to GB? It doesn't sound that way, because you say he'll be 40, can't play a whole season, etc.

I guess if I saw McMahon coming back to play for Chicago, I'd be elated! No way in hell I'd say saying "Poor Lovie doesn't need an old QB and all those distractions"

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    So Brett Favre may become a salary cap casualty? God, I hope he retires before that happens. I will say if the Jets are going to release him, they owe it to Favre to do it early so that he may have some options. Really though, I think it's time for Favre to call it a career and accept the adulation he is due from Packer nation.
    That's a two way street isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    cpk, why are you so concerned with the Vikings well-being? If Favre comes to MN with the circus & all the distractions, wouldn't you be happy? Unless of course, you think he can still play and actually be a threat to GB? It doesn't sound that way, because you say he'll be 40, can't play a whole season, etc.

I guess if I saw McMahon coming back to play for Chicago, I'd be elated! No way in hell I'd say saying "Poor Lovie doesn't need an old QB and all those distractions"
    I think the circus is played out. Favre can go play for MN and people aren't going to care that much. I'd like to see him play just to relieve the grinding boredom in my life.

I'm a little confused that so many Favre Fans are hoping for him to retire. Many wished he would have stayed retired last summer.

IF Favre is ready for retirement, didn't Thompson make a wise decision in not taking him back?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If Favre plays for the Vikings next year, I hope he gets the ever lovin' shit kicked out of his 40 year old carcass. once you put on that lousy Viking uniform, the love fest is over. If he's wearing Viking purple, I want Kampman to drive him into that ugly, piece of crap artificial turf, while all those worthless annoying Viking fans look on and cry. Stuff that in your horn and smoke it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    If Favre plays for the Vikings next year, I hope he gets the ever lovin' shit kicked out of his 40 year old carcass. once you put on that lousy Viking uniform, the love fest is over. If he's wearing Viking purple, I want Kampman to drive him into that ugly, piece of crap artificial turf, while all those worthless annoying Viking fans look on and cry. Stuff that in your horn and smoke it.
    If he's a Bear or Viking next season he's dead to me. Any other team I could care less. Let him soak in that limelight while he still can, but if he goes to one of them, I'll boo the shit outa him and hope they go 0-16.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I know I'm speaking for CPK here, but here goes. From a purely football standpoint, I don't give a damn if Favre played for the Vikings. I don't think he would make them SB favorites. I think he is too old and can't get it done for an entire season, as evidenced by how he has finished the past couple seasons. Myself, and many others, don't like the way Favre handled the situation last offseason. We don't need to rehash that. I was all for Favre doing well last season, until about Week 9 when the Favre vs Rodgers comparisons got out of control. I will admit that I got a small amount of satisfaction out of seeing him struggle down the stretch. After all the "see, he's still good and Rodgers sucks" comments from a lot of Packer fans (not necessarily here), I feel that is only human. With all that said, I am still a Favre fan though. I think everything can be forgotten and, if handled properly, he will still have the same legacy in GB. It was bad enough seeing him play for the Jets. It would be 10000 times worse seeing him suit up in purple. That would be a lot harder to forget for me. That is why I don't want to see him on the Vikings.

I ask you the same question though. Why is it so important for you that you DO get to see him play for the Vikings? Would the joy of seeing him play (well, poorly, who knows) for you outweigh whatever disgust you would feel or tiny amount of respect you would lose seeing him play for the Vikings?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
    The Jets almost HAVE to release Favre based on their cap situation. Mangini got bagged for Tannenbaum's screw-up, it looks from here.
    I'm kind of hoping Brett still wants to play, and the Jets still want to keep him because of his marketabliity in this down economy, and they start cutting other people to hang onto Favre. You could easily keep Brett if you cut, say, Thomas Jones and Kris Jenkins...
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641

I ask you the same question though. Why is it so important for you that you DO get to see him play for the Vikings? Would the joy of seeing him play (well, poorly, who knows) for you outweigh whatever disgust you would feel or tiny amount of respect you would lose seeing him play for the Vikings?
    No way do I want to see him wearing purple, are you kidding me? I wanted him to stay retired, but then he came back to the Jets and I wished him well. Like you, I was sick of all the Favre vs. Rodgers threads and all the bashing that went along with them. Apparently, it wasn't ok that you supported both. If you supported Brett, then you were an Aaron hater & vice versa.

Like I said, I wanted him to just retire last year and now more than ever, I hope he retires. He had a helluva career and I hate how he is just tarnishing his image by hanging on too long.

BTW, don't even attempt to speak for cpk unless you are going to act like a 6 year old anti-Favre troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641

No way do I want to see him wearing purple, are you kidding me? I wanted him to stay retired, but then he came back to the Jets and I wished him well. Like you, I was sick of all the Favre vs. Rodgers threads and all the bashing that went along with them. Apparently, it wasn't ok that you supported both. If you supported Brett, then you were an Aaron hater & vice versa.

Like I said, I wanted him to just retire last year and now more than ever, I hope he retires. He had a helluva career and I hate how he is just tarnishing his image by hanging on too long.

BTW, don't even attempt to speak for cpk unless you are going to act like a 6 year old anti-Favre troll.
    OK, I should have known better then to think you were one of those "yea I hope Brett goes to the Vikings so he can stick it to TT. TT, MM, and Arod all suck and have ruined this franchise" posters. I think they mostly hang out at Packersnews.

Next time I speak for CPK I'll bash my head into a wall a few times beforehand.
    Go PACK

For what it's worth, it looks like the Jets OC would like for Favre to return.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If they can shed 13 mil of salary this month they do own his rights.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

If they can shed 13 mil of salary this month they do own his rights.
    You might see the cuts Lurk suggested.

They almost gotta keep Jones.

Kris ("the almost Beast every six games or so) Jenkins carries a big ticket to the pay window. They signed a lot of guys that could make some cap sense by cutting. Rex Ryan is a stern SOB. He may want to start over. it's real funny how Ryan hasn't said diddly poo about the BF situation.

Blog Entries
    Great stuff, 007.

No wonder they gave you the license to kill!

The more I learn about the Jets cap situation, the happier I am with TT as our GM. Tannenbaum is lucky he didn't go out with Mangini the Boy Genius. I thought Tanny was supposed to be a cap wizard. Some of those contracts are crazy.

I also doubt the Jets can get even half of that cap maneuvering done.

Its real simple. If the Vikings were to sign Favre, and if the Vikings were then to win regardless of if Favre played well or not,, All the shit about ARod would start up again. I don't wan't to go through that again. Also, excuse me for playing devil's advocate here amongst those that seemingly wnat Favre to go to the Vikings so he can stick it to TT. GB & ARod will never be able to totally move on until Favre retires.

Blog Entries
    Another opinion weighs in,

This from Brian Schottenheimer, Jet's OC last year and this year under Rex Ryan... (from Newsday)

(Quote on)Brian Schottenheimer said yesterday that he would "welcome the opportunity" to coach Brett Favre again but didn't elaborate much more on the issue.

The Jets' offensive coordinator also said he, like just about everyone else, had no idea when the notoriously indecisive quarterback would make up his mind about whether to return.

But Schottenheimer did say something interesting about the acquisition of Favre last August, and the season-long struggles of getting him acclimated to a new offense. The coach acknowledged what most thought: that it was a shock to the system, so to speak, after spending an entire offseason preparing to start Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens.

"Was it a lot of work? Absolutely," Schottenheimer said in a conference call with Jets beat reporters. "Quite honestly, when Brett got here, it was very simple - we started over. We went back to the early installation and said, 'What are you comfortable with? What do you like?' There was a lot of sharing of ideas. Brett, at no point, did he say, 'I only want to run this, I only want to call that.' It really was give and take."

Glauber's NFL Blog Schottenheimer pointed out that none of those kinds of questions were being asked when the team was 8-3. As for what went wrong, he said turnovers were a big issue (Favre threw nine interceptions in the final five games) but was quick to say, "It would be unfair to put it all on Brett."

He did float the theory - then pulled away from it - that perhaps options were limited with Favre not having the full playbook at his disposal.

"At 8-3, we did find our groove. Unfortunately, our groove dried up a little bit," Schottenheimer said. "Maybe that's because we didn't have as big a package as we would've liked and teams caught on. I really don't think that's what it was. It came down to more us not executing, and not always calling the right play in the right situation."
    (Quote off)

So he wanted to say the small playbook affected the playcalling, but then pulled back from that, eh?

When will all this shit end?

2020?