Page 121 of 563 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    1. It was pretty apparent for at least 3 seasons TT did not want favre as a packer anymore. So he may have missed the bus: But your not undoing anything. It's the same offense with the same players, Favre didn't miss a thing that season. The packers merely said it;s AR time and they wanted to move on. I don't recall trade demands, especially to the vikings, until the "buyout" offer was made. Get payed a lot of money by GB to do whatever, but in return stay retired. That was a bigger slap in the face then a retired player deciding he made a mistake.
    Apparent for three seasons that TT didn't want Favre? Based on what, exactly?
    They were ready to welcome him back as the starter when he first wanted to unretire.
    They were ready to bring him back in August, but in a competitive situation.
    He didn't demand a trade when he first talked about returning, he demanded an outright release.

It is hard to call it quits, and Favre felt he made a mistake retiring. In this sport, that happens, and can be undone. The packers just did not want any of it.
    A month after retiring, the Packers were ready to bring him back as the starter; but he changed his mind yet again. They were willing to bring him back in August, to compete with Rodgers. This is sports. Competing for a position is what it is all about.. Favre is the one who would have nothing of it.

Lied. Lied about what? When he first retired, I am sure he meant it at the time. He was coming off a playoff pick that ended a fabulous season and a possible SB, and the packers wanted to know pre draft. So, pre draft, he was so emotionally drained from that loss what else could he be thinking? He even admitted he could play, but mentally he just wasn't there. Well, I don't blame him, and I doubt he lied at that time.

He simply changed his mind. A lot of former NFL players warned of it before it happened, because he is not the only one to do this.

He simply changed his mind. A lot of former NFL players warned of it before it happened, because he is not the only one to do this.
    No the Packers did not want to know predraft. Favre admitted that when he told them he wanted to retire they asked if he was sure, and told him he could take as much time as he wanted.

I am of the opinion that from his first announcement with the Packers, his entire goal was to get out of Green Bay. I am of the opinion that it was his goal to get out of Green Bay for several years. It is my opinion that he tried to do with GB exactly what he did with the Jets, put them in a position in which they would have to release him so he could go wherever he wanted to. But that is a another topic, and I won't go into the details here.

What he did last year to get out of the jets... sure it was sort of a cop out, but the jets are the ones that just "let him go". That is their fault, and their loss, not Favre's. Favre fits with the vikings for many reasons, the most important one doesn't even pertain to playing against packers: The playbook. He even said it himself, first practice he was out with the first team calling plays and had no issues there.

Minnesota's playbook is very similar to what Brett knows. Minnesota has a probowl running back, a decent OL, average WR's, and a decent defense with a team that has the same playbook he got use to for 16 seasons. If he was going to play, Minnesota really was the best fit for him
    No, the Jets didn't just "let him go". They relied on what he told them, made plans to go on without him, and unlike the Packers the year before the Jets didn't have the cap space if he wanted to come back. They knew what was up when he asked for his release instead of being content on the retired list, and rather than get involved in the Favre off season circus they released him early when he asked for it.

Favre shafted the Jets big time, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    all the vikings offensive players interviewed said favre was sharp today and that he provides a quiet confidence for the team in general

jared allen is straight slurpn him
    More than you?
    he he...i lobbed that 1 to u huh?

LMAO at tarkenton's angst and rants

can we say bitter....
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    No, the Jets didn't just "let him go". They relied on what he told them, made plans to go on without him, and unlike the Packers the year before the Jets didn't have the cap space if he wanted to come back. They knew what was up when he asked for his release instead of being content on the retired list, and rather than get involved in the Favre off season circus they released him early when he asked for it.

Favre shafted the Jets big time, in my opinion.
    I'm down with 90% of your post. I do think that when Brett retired (1st one, now) he truly was scewed up in the head and didn't know what he was really doing. I felt his strategy (if you can call it that) was to get out of OTA's, post season training, and camp. Then he wanted to blow into GB and start playing.

When it didn't work, he made it all up as it came along.

The part I quoted is a big one. No one has got on Brett's ass about :

1. Playing last season when he should have shut it down and given the Jets a shot at making the play-offs.
    2. Ruining the end of the Jets season and getting the coach canned.

To me it's one of the sorriest episodes in year. Basically the Jets are such a sorry organization, they are used to having a quick fix fail and blow up in their faces. They just move on to a new coach and new QB and don't really give a shit

You know, KY, that's a good point. If he really was as hurt and damaged as he claimed later, was he really their best option to win? Did he hide the extent of the hurt from the coaching and medical staff?

It'd be interesting to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2
    Favre didn't even look excited to be there in the press conference.
    He feels underpaid. Disrespected.

$25 Million DOLLero's. Way to go Bus Cook. Not bad for a washed up QB.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2
    Favre didn't even look excited to be there in the press conference.
    He feels underpaid. Disrespected.

$25 Million DOLLero's. Way to go Bus Cook. Not bad for a washed up QB.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...rett-3611.html

Quote Originally Posted by fta
    When I negotiated Brett’s 10-year, $100-million contract with his agent, Bus Cook, for the Packers in 2001, Bus and I felt that we would be lucky to get three years out of that contract. It actually lasted until a couple of months ago when the Jets terminated the contract in order to allow Brett, for the first time in his career, to exercise his rights as a free agent.

The amounts for years eight and nine of that contract, which would have been 2008 and 2009, were $12M and $13M, respectively. Brett will make those exact amounts in a two-year, $25-million contract he signed with the Vikings.

they're saying favre may play 2 series, 1 unless its too short

personally, i think he should play about 20 snaps with about 8 pass plays being called

for the 3rd pre-season game he should play a half

i cant remember exactly but i dont think he played an entire half in any of the jets pre-season games last year and the chemistry was adequate, leading to an 8-3 start

all in all, im expecting the vikes staff and favre to learn alot from the way things fell apart in n.y. (number of passing plays called, favre bonding with teammates, etc)

btw, dustin keller said its "absolutely false" that brett was standoff-ish last season. he stated that an individual made a negative remark about brett and the media took it and ran; as they do most things

is this game v chiefs gonna be televised? SO surreal....

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Brett Favre is a tool and Packer fans have a right to be outraged.
    The Packers should never retire #4.
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

Give it to a rookie punter.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I'm all for bringing in another punter, if one can be found!

Our punters seem to be of the British variety!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I'm all for bringing in another punter, if one can be found!

Our punters seem to be of the British variety!
    ay-oh!

not a bad debut at all considering he signed 3 days ago....

harvin will be the good devin hester

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

not a bad debut at all considering he signed 3 days ago....

harvin will be the good devin hester

Kevin Siefert from ESPN writes:

"Unfortunately for the Vikings, that's about where the fun ended. Once the pomp and circumstance was over, Favre looked very much like a 39-year-old quarterback who just finished his first week of practice in almost nine months. He misfired on three of his four passes, his only completion a diving 4-yard catch by receiver Percy Harvin, and absorbed two heavy hits from an active Kansas City defense. The Vikings managed 9 yards over five plays in two series before Tarvaris Jackson replaced him.

(Those same fans booed Jackson as he jogged on the field. Classy.)"

1/4 for 4 yards? I didn't see it, but

1. That seems too small to gauge anything
    2. That seems pretty shitty as it is
    Go PACK

some cat who was calln the game on nfl network broke it down nicely; its not about numbers tonite for a 90 year vet...its about developing synergy

vikes will be good and favre will fair well

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Sorry if these were posted elsewhere already...I just received them in an email today.

some cat who was calln the game on nfl network broke it down nicely; its not about numbers tonite for a 90 year vet...its about developing synergy

vikes will be good and favre will fair well

Yea I expected alot more too after 1 practice outside and 1 inside because of rain.....

I'm kinda surprised they played him at all but I guess he wanted to get a few snaps to help shake off the rust. The Chiefs were getting after him pretty good and I think he has a ways to go to get timings down with his recievers. There is time for that but if the joker would have showed up for camp he'd be alot closer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

Yea I expected alot more too after 1 practice outside and 1 inside because of rain.....

I'm kinda surprised they played him at all but I guess he wanted to get a few snaps to help shake off the rust. The Chiefs were getting after him pretty good and I think he has a ways to go to get timings down with his recievers. There is time for that but if the joker would have showed up for camp he'd be alot closer now.
    yeah, i thought it was strange KC was coming after him so much...weird gameplan givn the circumstnaces imho...KC will suck!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

For MOBB and a few others that care.....I think this would be the right non-pack thread

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3205

Brett Favre said the strangest aspect about playing his first game in a Vikings uniform on Friday is that he felt nervous before the game.

Favre finished 1 of 4 passing for 4 yards in two series in a 17-13 victory against the Kansas City Chiefs. Afterward, he talked about his first game, the reception he received and what the past five days have been like for him personally.

Here is some of what he said:

Q: What was it like coming down the tunnel before the game?

Favre: It felt a little odd after so many years being on the other side. I thought it was a welcome reception. I know in the long run we’ll be judged on wins and losses. This was a tough place to play. It’s nice to be on the other side. It was a little loud when we were on offense too. [smiling] I think this place is just loud period.

Q: How nervous were you?

Favre: Today I came over to meetings at the hotel, sitting in the room, all of sudden I started having butterflies. I’m like, I haven’t felt this in a long time, which was probably the oddest thing today. I was talking to my oldest daughter and she told me good luck. I said, ‘I’m nervous.’ She said you’ll be fine. I said, ‘I just don’t want to screw up.’ I didn’t expect much today. Practiced two-and-a-half days. I just didn’t want to fumble a snap. I wanted to make sure I got the handoffs and if I complete a pass, great. But I was nervous.

Q: Why so nervous?

Favre: Good question. Maybe two-and-a-half days of practice. Live bullets, no red jersey. Of course all the attention that’s been focused on this. The guys have been great. I talked to numerous guys on the sideline today as well as during the week. To a man, they’ve all said, ‘Hey, we just want you to come in and be you. Be the leader you’ve always been. Don’t feel like you have to do everything.’ I’m trying to kind of purge myself of that. With all the attention, it’s hard not to feel like you have to live up to all this hype. Not that I don’t want to do that. But the most important thing is to lead this team to victory.

Q: What has last five days been like for you personally?

Favre: Each day it’s gotten a little bit smoother. It’s really about football. After the first day of practice, the next day I walk in and guys are yawning and going to meetings and practice. It’s business as usual. Once that started happening, it was much better. And getting this game over with tonight is a good thing as well. Preseason is tough anyway. But this week has obviously been a little hectic. We have a long week next week and I consider that a good thing. It’s something I need.

Q: We’re there certain throws that you wanted to do to test your arm?

Favre: Not really. … I’m probably more concerned right now with just getting my legs into shape. They were a little bit sore the last two days. Just from dropping back and doing things you can’t get until you start practicing. My arm is not in game shape. It’s just hard to simulate. I’ve been throwing but not dropping back and rolling out and doing things like that. I feel real good about where my arm is right now. It’s just more — not that I wanted to get hit — but there’s only one way to get the body physically in condition and that is to get out and fall and get banged around, get elbowed, helmet in the chest. But I’ve always felt like I can handle that side of it. Not that I want to be sore tomorrow. But I think all that stuff is good.

Q: How much extra time have you spent studying the offense?

Favre: A little bit. I feel pretty confident. My concern is more … like the last play I was in. They blitzed. This was a play we hadn’t practiced on. It’s actually a play you don’t practice regardless of where you are because you don’t see zero blitz very much. That was an empty blitz, which was a little surprising. But it was a double post, which is a pretty good call against that. I thought Percy [Harvin] would go inside the safety. He actually kind of stuck the guy and went around the top, which is what he had been coached to do. I didn’t know that. So that’s where I need to catch up.