Page 124 of 531 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thanks Ras

listening to his presser it was good to hear him say and imply a few times that he knows he doesnt have to take the whole load on his shoulders. also, good thing for him that they dont play again until the 31st, giving the team time to get on same page befor the all-important 3rd preseason game

he maintains that because of all the attention his coming to vikes has generated he could revert back to his tendency to try and do too much. he rcognizes, however, that the team has SO many weapons he shouldnt have to...should bode well for vikes...

i think his numbers will be behind rodgers and cutler's but at this point who cares??!! just win baby.....except against pack!

speaking of which; wil he be able to refrain from pressing against the pack at lambeau in the 4th quarter??? hmmmm

lol at reports that deanna went on a $4300 shoppn spree this week...must be nice...u know his dirty country tail aint spent that much on clothes his entire career
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

per chilly, favre to play entire 1st half monday night on espn

should get better gauge

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Oh yay. It took them an hour to broadcast 4 bad passes last game. This should keep them busy all night.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

should get better gauge

It'll also give the opposing D more time to crush him.

Blog Entries
    Favre may not look good until the regular season. He needs time...which is why it was so valuable to get him into camp a few weeks earlier when he thought he'd hang it up again.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

should get better gauge

It'll also give the opposing D more time to crush him.
    yeah, his geriatric tail avoided the rush none on friday...he stated in presser that maybe he should move around more...however, his "mind says go but body cant" lol

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

adam schefter reports that some players in the vikes locker room want Tavarvis to start this year

cats on espn 1st take say that favre not going through the blood sweat and tears with the team during 2 a days, etc, may be a factor. thus, there could be a qb controversy...whoa....

Ras,

whats the word up there?

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I'm all for bringing in another punter, if one can be found!

Our punters seem to be of the British variety!
    Check out Seattle's Jon Ryan's punting stat's in the first exibition game this season. He had to chip one into the red zone for about 35 yards and had a 77 yard boomer. He averaged 52.5 yards with about 8 punts. Of the 8 punts two went into the end zone.

I predict he will become one of the very most solid punters in the NFL for many seasons. He's a fine athlete, intelligent and coachable. Sadly it appears to me that he Packers declined on him way too soon.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Big difference tween kicking in Lambeau and a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Kingdome? Pretty sure they blew that up. First game pre-season for Seattle was in SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

adam schefter reports that some players in the vikes locker room want Tavarvis to start this year

cats on espn 1st take say that favre not going through the blood sweat and tears with the team during 2 a days, etc, may be a factor. thus, there could be a qb controversy...whoa....

Ras,

whats the word up there?
    Their saying that Schefter has now joined the ranks of ESPN and thus creates his own stories out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Kingdome? Pretty sure they blew that up. First game pre-season for Seattle was in SD.
    Didn't the debacle of a game in the wind in Chicago seal his fate? The whole team stunk and wanted to go home in that one.

True enough. However the Seahawks don't play in a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Check out Seattle's Jon Ryan's punting stat's in the first exibition game this season. He had to chip one into the red zone for about 35 yards and had a 77 yard boomer. He averaged 52.5 yards with about 8 punts. Of the 8 punts two went into the end zone.

I predict he will become one of the very most solid punters in the NFL for many seasons. He's a fine athlete, intelligent and coachable. Sadly it appears to me that he Packers declined on him way too soon.
    No one has ever question Jon Ryan's leg strength. He will get some distance.
    Here is the problem with Ryan:

Total punts - 15
    # downed inside the 20 - 5
    Touchbacks - 4

You want to see a much higher percentage of kicks downed inside the 20, (a better ratio of punts inside the 20 to touchbacks).

Additionally, in 15 punts he has only 1 fair catch. Again, you want to see better control over run backs.

Ras,

whats the word up there?

Not sure, I don't have access to the players to do my own poll so I have no idea. I've never heard a single quote to indicate that but I couldn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Not sure, I don't have access to the players to do my own poll so I have no idea. I've never heard a single quote to indicate that but I couldn't say.
    It wouldn't be hard to imagine that if Brett continues to struggle through the preseason and doesn't look ready for the regular season, and T. Jack continues to play well in the preseason that there would be some dissension in the locker room. I mean, the players want to win games and to do that they want their best QB on the field. I don't think appeasing a legend is really one of their interests.
    </delurk>

Publicly backing Jackson over Favre is probably a career limiting move if you're a Viking player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    It wouldn't be hard to imagine that if Brett continues to struggle through the preseason and doesn't look ready for the regular season, and T. Jack continues to play well in the preseason that there would be some dissension in the locker room. I mean, the players want to win games and to do that they want their best QB on the field. I don't think appeasing a legend is really one of their interests.

First point, Favre was there two days so I wouldn't say he struggled. They probably shouldn't have even put him out there after a single outdoor practice with the team but he wanted to get his feet wet. He took a few snaps and missed one obvious throw. He missed one on a miscommunication and then on a zero blitz threw it where he expected the reciever to be, Harvin (the reciever) was busy being interfeared with and then broke outside instead of what Favre expected.

T-Jack played well in last years pre-season games. He always seems to play well with no pressure. I have zero confidence in him anymore, not that I had a bunch before. I'm sure the more cereberal players realize this. There most certainly could be some guys who are friends with the guy who could feel that way but I really wouldn;t know that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Publicly backing Jackson over Favre is probably a career limiting move if you're a Viking player.

True dat, although depends on the guy. You are a scrub then ya, not real bright. You're Peterson, Berrian, Hutchinson or any of another 10 guys you can say what you want.

Hey Ras, how does it feel defending Favre?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.