Page 13 of 563 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=790788

Interesting article with comments from John Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Interesting article with comments from John Madden
    You had me until Madden.

I have a source at PackerChatters, the same one that told Bob McGinn that Favre was using a Packer cellphone, who says Clemens has already been texting Rodgers to see how he got the number one gig.

Apparently its all starts with a lot of meetings after 5:00 PM when senior citizens are usually getting ready to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    A thought just popped into my head. Kellen Clemens must be secretly grumbling right about now. He's probably riding the pine till 2010 when they will most likely have drafted another QB to compete with him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I read that Brett Ratliff has had a terrific camp and is making a strong case for the 2 spot.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    I am never showing you discovery channel boobs again.
    You really think that throw to Jennings was a bad read by Rodgers? Watch the replay (on NFL.com). I've watched it a few times, and I'm convinced it's a great read and throw. Notice that he doesn't lead Jennings. If he had, the safety would have had a pick. He threw it to spot between the two players in a window where Jennings could catch. Jennings slowed up to make the catch, and he was off to the races. Yeah, he got lucky that it went for a TD, but it seems like a good read and a great throw to me. Hopefully, he can do that during the regular season.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypac...rofile?team=GB
    It wasn't a good read, I guess if you think throwing to a guy that is running his route into a coverage area with two defenders a good read then I hope you never decide to coach high school football much less junior high. He had the tight end with only one safety in coverage coverage and also had Driver up top. If I was the coach I wouldn't say much to Rodgers because he put the throw exactly where he needed to. He took a risk and it paid off.

I am never showing you discovery channel boobs again.
    You really think that throw to Jennings was a bad read by Rodgers? Watch the replay (on NFL.com). I've watched it a few times, and I'm convinced it's a great read and throw. Notice that he doesn't lead Jennings. If he had, the safety would have had a pick. He threw it to spot between the two players in a window where Jennings could catch. Jennings slowed up to make the catch, and he was off to the races. Yeah, he got lucky that it went for a TD, but it seems like a good read and a great throw to me. Hopefully, he can do that during the regular season.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypac...rofile?team=GB
    It wasn't a good read, I guess if you think throwing to a guy that is running his route into a coverage area with two defenders a good read then I hope you never decide to coach high school football much less junior high. He had the tight end with only one safety in coverage coverage and also had Driver up top. If I was the coach I wouldn't say much to Rodgers because he put the throw exactly where he needed to. He took a risk and it paid off.
    If Favre made that play everyone would be like "OMG WAT A GREAT THROW!!! BEST EWERR!!!"

Rodgers makes the throw: "Bad read, got lucky."

This is a discussion from another thread. I directly compared it to Favre. It was the same type of decision. So before you just entertain yourself with comparisons between Favre critique and Rodgers critique figure out where I am coming from.

Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.

Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.
    I disagree--despite your comments that I couldn't be a junior high coach. There was a hole in the coverage between the corner and safety. He hit the hole. If he had lead Jennings into the safety but Jennings made a terrific catch, I might agree with you. He didn't. Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    what do you call this? I call it crap. and why don't you stop lecturing people on the other side of the argument? MOVE ON. Most people are sick of it.
    So essentially you're trying to tell 7 what she can and cannot post? Is that really your job here? Can I tell you to stop posting shit? If I do will you listen?
    Holy hell. I almost coughed beer out my nose on that. Alright, I did.
    Ok lizard, time to introduce you to the Packer Rats Exclusive© internet slang. You danced all around it, but didn't quite get it.

BOMNF - Beer Out My Nostrils Funny
    Use it at your own discretion.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2
    If Favre made that play everyone would be like "OMG WAT A GREAT THROW!!! BEST EWERR!!!"

Rodgers makes the throw: "Bad read, got lucky."
    QFT. This will happen quite a lot, and already goes on.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?
    Someone should have asked Favre that question following the loss in Dallas in the NFC Championship game in Jan, 1996.

Senior Rat HOFer
    At least we get Favre on Sunday and our Packers on Monday night.. should be a good opening weekend

Dolphins get the message: Stop Brett Favre
    The Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla.: The messages are spread in black paint across the Miami Dolphins' locker room walls.

"The fastest way to lose is division from within," reads one wall.

"Miami Dolphins players have the makeup!" exclaims another slogan.

The new regime has tried all sorts of gimmicks to get players motivated. Defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni, inheriting one of the NFL's worst units, has fed players old stories and an intense attitude to get them hyped.

Despite all the offseason tricks, the greatest motivation Pasqualoni gave his defense came in the playbooks this week: stopping Brett Favre and the New York Jets.

"He's just such a veteran and has had such a great career and can take over a game," Pasqualoni said Thursday. "He's one of those quarterbacks that can beat you. It's just going to be a big challenge going into this game, trying to play with this guy and trying to contain him."

Trying to contain anyone — let alone a three-time MVP quarterback — was tough enough last season for the Dolphins.

Miami is coming off a 1-15 season that was a defensive mess. The Dolphins ranked last in the AFC in 2007 in scoring defense, giving up 27.3 points a game.

And some of the best players — Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas — are gone, and an anonymous group is faced with trying to stop the quarterback who broke Dan Marino's touchdown record.

"I know the kind of quarterback he is. He's no different than the other 31 quarterbacks in the league," safety Chris Crocker said, chuckling. "He's just a Hall of Famer. So, you know, I can't say he's too much different."

The defense has a weapon to help game-plan against Favre: Chad Pennington.

Perhaps no one knows the Jets' offense better than Pennington, who spent the past eight seasons as the Jets quarterback before he was released to clear space for Favre. It's a unique tool for the Dolphins, even if it's something they're not ready to admit.

"I'll put it to you like this," cornerback Will Allen said, "if we did get some things from Chad, we wouldn't tell you."

Game planning for Favre — and the rest of the NFL — has been an offseason in the making for Miami's defense.

The coaching staff has tried to wipe away any leftovers from the losing attitude that surrounded the NFL's worst team. In the case of Pasqualoni, the former linebackers coach with the Dallas Cowboys, his favorite tool is supplying analogies to keep players interested.

His defensive motto: Know your assignment, and know you know your assignment.

But perhaps nothing has resonated more with the defense than his description of the unit as an old car trying to be "cranked up."

The metaphor has become a routine discussion among players, who were inspired to create a signature celebration named the "The Flywheel," where they crouch low to the ground and mimic cranking an antique car after a big play.

Pasqualoni also has tried to keep players' attention through intimidation, a change from the Cam Cameron-led coaching staff that seemingly babied players. And Pasqualoni's deep voice has helped.

Linebacker Channing Crowder, who receives the plays from Pasqualoni in his helmet, called it the "voice of God" last week. Other players also have taken notice.

"Every morning, if you come in and you're still groggy, when you get into that meeting Coach Pasqualoni will wake you up," safety Yeremiah Bell said.

Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.
    I disagree--despite your comments that I couldn't be a junior high coach. There was a hole in the coverage between the corner and safety. He hit the hole. If he had lead Jennings into the safety but Jennings made a terrific catch, I might agree with you. He didn't. Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?
    I never said you couldn't coach junior high football, I just sort have said I hope you don't. The tight end was running a seam route if I remember correctly, and Driver I believe was running a skinny post, anyways it doesn't matter. He made the throw, he had the nuts to punch it in there.

It wasn't a long gainer typer route either it was an out route, which was decently defended by the corner, although with inside safety help he should have been to Jennings outside shoulder. If Rodgers is a hair low on that throw it is a pick, the safety broke on the ball, but it was a damn fine throw. I liked it.

Back to the orgin of this debate, I wasn't being over the top critical on Rodgers for the throw, infact I said it was a big risk, big reward when you can beat a double team coverage.

Who is Skip Wood?

He's picking the Jets to win the superbowl via a wildcard entrance to the playoffs.

5-3 Vikings to win the NFC North. Skip is picking the Packers too.

Here are the USA Today picks:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...on-picks_N.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    At least we get Favre on Sunday and our Packers on Monday night.. should be a good opening weekend
    hell yeah, who could ask for anything more - some great storylines

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!

So what will be Favre's stats for this game, I'm thinking being in the new system and still learning they will be relatively low. I'm thinking a healthy does of T. Jones with some high percentage passes.
    200yds 2tds 1int.(deflected pass)

I really want to see how well the offensive line does in pass pro and run blocking. There is a lot of talent on that line, plus I got Jones in 2 of my fantasy teams.
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by falco

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!
    You must not be much of a Packer fan if you don't want us to get a better draft pick?
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!
    You must not be much of a Packer fan if you don't want us to get a better draft pick?
    okay cpk

Quote Originally Posted by gex

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!
    okay cpk
    I would rather be called Tank than him/her/it.

I don't understand why your rooting for the Dolphins(unless your a phinfan), cause Jets doing good only helps us out.
    Baah