Page 139 of 563 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    To me, one of the most interesting questions is how long will Brent be able to stay in "game managere" mode? Can he do that for a whole season, or will we hear the "I yam what I yam" line at some point?
    I don't remember which highlight program our announcer it was, but one said "Here is Brett Favre doing what he does best now, handing off!"
    lol....$1,000 a hand off

and he was worried his shoulder couldnt hold up?
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

Thats quite a stretch SC. I know people on both sides so "the nation?" I dont think enough people even care that much in 2009

With AD's performance the people Ive talked to at the gym and barbershop yesterday have the sentiment that favre is "sitting pretty" what with such a primo situation

He's young by the "nations" standards (just old for nfl), can spend time on tractor and with fam from 41-81, gettn mad loot, surrounded by enormous talent, PEERS stil respect him, having fun with the youngns/easy days at the office, chance to get ring, revenge factor (foolish to me, but human nature), sears commercial - lol

Overall ppl were sick of the flip-floping but with the way the world is, now that he's actually playn, life goes on! Theres always something new for folk to focus on and make a story of/scrutinize. I think packer nation cares WAY more about this than the whole nation and comedians use whatever they can for material b/c its their livelihood (like u.... )

Sitting pretty

Is this what they mean by sitting pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Favre's legend is growing as the nation laughs at him
    Thats quite a stretch SC. I know people on both sides so "the nation?" I dont think enough people even care that much in 2009

With AD's performance the people Ive talked to at the gym and barbershop yesterday have the sentiment that favre is "sitting pretty" what with such a primo situation

He's young by the "nations" standards (just old for nfl), can spend time on tractor and with fam from 41-81, gettn mad loot, surrounded by enormous talent, PEERS stil respect him, having fun with the youngns/easy days at the office, chance to get ring, revenge factor (foolish to me, but human nature), sears commercial - lol

Overall ppl were sick of the flip-floping but with the way the world is, now that he's actually playn, life goes on! Theres always something new for folk to focus on and make a story of/scrutinize. I think packer nation cares WAY more about this than the whole nation and comedians use whatever they can for material b/c its their livelihood (like u.... )

Sitting pretty
    I sport the green and gold a lot because I love my Packers. Around Denver, I frequently get asked the question: "what do you think of Favre?" To which I usually reply with a canned, "He can do what he wants. My QB is Aaron Rodgers".

And they usually laugh, responding in one of a few ways:
    "It's a good thing that they didn't lose Rodgers, he's a better QB"
    "That was kinda weird how that went down dontchathink?"
    "He sure is a selfish jerk, isn't he?"

I didn't care when he played for the Jets, other than there was so much noise all year with all of the Favre/Rodgers comparisons. That was useless and annoying.

As a Vikings player, a Hated Division Rival, though. I want to see him fail. I want us to rub his face in the grass all game and pick him off every time he throws the ball. He's on the other side of the LOS from My Team and can go fuck himself for that reason alone. I'm never sure whether I want the Vikings to get blown out of every game or to keep producing seasons just mediocre enough to keep your weinerbucket of a coach at the helm of that rudderless knarr.

Sure, Packer Nation cares more about it than the average Joe Bland because we Love Our Team. You really wouldn't understand. But if you think there aren't a lot of other fans out there who are aware of the situation (thanks esp. to MSM) and wouldn't take a certain amount of pleasure in seeing him fail, you're kidding yourself.

MOBB, no injuries for the Vikes. Although Berrian is still not 100% from his hammy.

Denver, just remember that if Chilly and his issues(I'm not denying them) does better than MM and his issues this season, which team will be rudderless? That outcome would have Chilly with a better record than MM overall in the same period of time.

Sitting pretty

Is this what they mean by sitting pretty?

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper
    But if you think there aren't a lot of other fans out there who are aware of the situation (thanks esp. to MSM) and wouldn't take a certain amount of pleasure in seeing him fail, you're kidding yourself.
    And some people still support him is ALL I was saying in response to SC saying the nations laughing at him. Of cousrs I know SC knows that so maybe there was no need for me to respond?!

And likie i said in my post, his fellow NFLers have no beef with him becaue they realize its a biz/ENTERTAINMENT; its the fanatical diehards that allow this entity (small part of life) to impact their emotions disportionately

I used to be that way so dont say i dont know anything about passion for the packers. I used to be sullen until thursday when they lost (ask Wifey and gym members) until i prayed to be able to keep it in perspective. i couldnt even watch any other games that day/mnf/that week until the next pack game...

i am SURE i have more green and gold than you do since i been collecting since 91. and im just as happy as u when they win just not as depressed as i once was after inevitbale losses in an entity i have NO control over. Same with Favres performances

not sayn im any better than the fanatics i just enjoy this existence more and give da Lawd all the credit. I enjoy the ENTIRE sport of pro ball more now too.

GO PACK GO FAVRE GO VICK (in that order)...

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

On ESPN's NFL Countdown Sunday morning the guys were discussing BF now playing for MN. Carter and Meshawn said if they could still play at the age BF is they would. Then Tom Jackson took the floor. He said he could understand how Packer fans would feel betrayed by Brett actively wanting to play for the bitter rival of the team that made him rich and famous. He said he couldn't have tossed aside all of the success and Super Bowls he won while playing in Denver and go and play for the Raiders.

Most Packer fans don't hate Favre. They hate the fact that he is wearing that hideous purple getup and THIS is the reason why most Packer fans want BF and his fellow Heidi Hairs to fall on their collective keisters. I will have as much glee in seeing BF flop just like I had watching Cutler implode on national TV Sunday nite. Never in my lifetime have I ever wanted a QB of any divisional foe to have any success unless that would help MY team, the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    On ESPN's NFL Countdown Sunday morning the guys were discussing BF now playing for MN. Carter and Meshawn said if they could still play at the age BF is they would. Then Tom Jackson took the floor. He said he could understand how Packer fans would feel betrayed by Brett actively wanting to play for the bitter rival of the team that made him rich and famous. He said he couldn't have tossed aside all of the success and Super Bowls he won while playing in Denver and go and play for the Raiders.

Most Packer fans don't hate Favre. They hate the fact that he is wearing that hideous purple getup and THIS is the reason why most Packer fans want BF and his fellow Heidi Hairs to fall on their collective keisters. I will have as much glee in seeing BF flop just like I had watching Cutler implode on national TV Sunday nite. Never in my lifetime have I ever wanted a QB of any divisional foe to have any success unless that would help MY team, the Green Bay Packers.
    All the SBs Jackson won in Denver? Just as many as Jim Kelly won in Buffalo. Jackson played on two SB losers (XII and XXI) and was spared the indignity of having been on four because he retired after XXI. Denver also lost SBs in two of the three years after Jackson called it quits.

Also, I don't think most Packers fans distinguish between how they feel about Favre and how they feel about Favre playing for the Vikings. They're the same animal at this point.

I see I typed Super Bowls. My bad. But I knew what Jackson was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    I don't remember which highlight program our announcer it was, but one said "Here is Brett Favre doing what he does best now, handing off!"
    lol....$1,000 a hand off

and he was worried his shoulder couldnt hold up?

Conservatively I come up with $20,000 a handoff, assuming he's still upright by December.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    Never in my lifetime have I ever wanted a QB of any divisional foe to have any success unless that would help MY team, the Green Bay Packers.
    Very understandable P

I just feel he's still good for the game in general even if not specifically for Packer nation/his pack legacy

Retire as a Falcon lol

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Since when does the GM make that list? I thought that was the coach's responsibility.
    Bingo MJ....

ESPN reporting that the NFL is looking into Mangini's role in the fiasco (he should get fine accoding to Ed Werder)

I wonder if folks are mad at Favre for bringing it up?

Kinda cool that the GM was trying to put the onus on himself to sorta squash it; but NFL brass not havn it

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I thought this was kind of interesting. Favre's Viking jersery is top for sales in Wisconsin, and 18 other states.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...305964712.html

Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang
    I thought this was kind of interesting. Favre's Viking jersery is top for sales in Wisconsin, and 18 other states.

I want the truth. Has ANYONE on this board bought one of those filthy purple blouses?

VERY surprising this is the case in Wisconsin

SC, do you REALLY think the nations laughing at him?

When I spoke with a guy at NFL Shop.com to ask why i received a delay notification on my jerz (i ordered the day after he signed) he said ppl were calln him a month b4 favre signd trying to place an order! My frats colors are purple and gold, jesus cloth purple, and prince all-time fav r n b so i respect the color of royalty

When you think about it, other than SOME die hard pack fans, who could really dislike him? Hasnt committed crimes, etc...and provides ENTERTAINMENT for the country

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang

I want the truth. Has ANYONE on this board bought one of those filthy purple blouses?
    i cant see anyone else admitting this SC...cept maybe OO7 and Gex

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

SC, do you REALLY think the nations laughing at him?

Yeah, I think he used to be the most popular player in the NFL. Now most people think he's a tool. He's routinely the punchline of the late night shows.

But there will always be some die hards.

i cant see anyone else admitting this SC...cept maybe OO7 and Gex
    Last year my kids asked for a Favre Jets jersey and got one for x-mas. They say they don't want a Favre Viking jersey but they do want to watch him play. I think it would be neat to have the whole set....Packers, Jets and Viking #4 jersey....but I don't have the Falcons one either and you'd have to have that one too to call it a "set".

Nope, no purple jersy here,No Jets jersey either, Hell, the one Favre jersey I have was given to me from a friend who it was too big for.

I quit financialy supporting NFL INC. shortly after I got the G on my arm. Now I just emotionally support my team and its players(of which Favre is and always will be).

Love the fact that an all-time Packer great(Thee Favre) is extending all his records and do hope he gets another ring for all that he has done for Packer Nation.
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Love the fact that an all-time Packer great(Thee Favre) is extending all his records and do hope he gets another ring for all that he has done for Packer Nation.
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather see Packer nation get another ring then the Vikings get their first.
    Go PACK