Page 14 of 563 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Quote Originally Posted by falco
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    At least we get Favre on Sunday and our Packers on Monday night.. should be a good opening weekend
    hell yeah, who could ask for anything more - some great storylines

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!
    You must not be much of a Packer fan if you don't want us to get a better draft pick?
    okay cpk
    I would rather be called Tank than him/her/it.

I don't understand why your rooting for the Dolphins(unless your a phinfan), cause Jets doing good only helps us out.
    Wow!! THat is a rip, but CPK could only hope to be this cool...

Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...one-of-the-c-s

Favre 'Honored' to Be Wearing One of the C's

Published: 09-03-08

By Eric Allen

Senior Managing Editor

Less than a month into his Jets career, Brett Favre was voted an offensive captain by his teammates.

“‘I felt a little uncomfortable to be voted. I'm honored,” the future Hall of Famer said today at his weekly news conference. “As I told [Eric Mangini] yesterday, I feel like I need to earn it. I don't want it to be based on past performances or longevity. All those things are important, but what's important is what I do here and how I carry myself as a teammate.”

So far, he’s carried himself well. Favre more often that not will tell you he’s 38 years old, but his teammates enjoy his youthful exuberance.

“Favre is more about leading by example,” said right tackle Damien Woody. “He is not a big rah-rah guy. He’s just about going out there having fun. That’s the type of leadership I see from him.”

Two places below Favre on the quarterback depth chart is Brett Ratliff. Fifteen years the junior of Brett No.1, Ratliff says the Jets’ starter is known for his relaxed style.

“One of the biggest things he does for the team is he brings a lot of life, he brings a lot of charisma,” Ratliff said. “He knows when to be serious, but he also knows when to have a good time. He lightens up everybody — he lightens the coaches up, he lightens the players up. Be serious but also try to have fun with it.”

Some people criticized Favre for being distant from his teammates in Green Bay, but that label is a misconception.

“Did I go hang out with the guys? No,” he said. “I couldn't tell you where all the guys lived. I quit drinking 10 years ago. I have a family. So if I was not studying or not at the stadium, I was home or either hunting or playing golf, mostly hunting.”

Amongst his new teammates, Favre has always been one of the guys. But at home, he’s a husband and a father of two.

“I was at practice every day. I studied film with guys,” he said of his time in Green Bay. “I was there for them whenever they needed me. At 8 o'clock at night, I was at home reading a book with my daughter. So if that's bad, then I'm sorry.”

The Jets embraced him from the beginning. Jerricho Cotchery, who had a good connection with Favre throughout the summer, is excited to line up with the gunslinger during the regular season.

“I just loved to watch him play because he looked like he had a fun out there on the field,” J-Co said. “You always are excited when you see someone who’s having a lot of fun doing something they love.”

Favre came back so he could play. In no way is he living off past accomplishments.

“As far as being a leader, I think three weeks is a little bit unfair for guys to make that judgment,” he said. “I think there are a lot of guys on this team who are worthy of that — not only on offense, but defense and special teams.”

A reflective soul, Favre is driven by fear. On Tuesday, he explained his feelings to Jets head coach Eric Mangini.

“I said, ‘What drives me is fear of failure, not being the best.’ And that goes for each season, each game,” he said. “As much success as I've had in my career, I've never gone into the next game or the next season and said, ‘Whew, I've been playing well, that will continue.’ ”

Not only a football legend, Favre owns legendary perspective. Forget the gray you see in the hair and the beard, he’s a kid playing a game. He said he sleeps more than he used to, but he still gets butterflies on gamedays.

“The game itself is still a lot of fun — preparing for a team, the challenge that presents to you, studying and trying to scheme ways to beat teams and individual matchups,” he said. “The fact that you're doing something that so many people would love to do and to do it for a long time, I'm well aware of how hard that is.

"But each touchdown that I've thrown, each opening day, each game has always been special to me. I never took it for granted.”

So following practice, the new captain will watch video with the skill guys.

“We'll sit in there and talk. Guys will bring sandwiches in,” he said. “It will be open dialogue. It will be fun.”

It always is with No. 4.

GB, your still enmored by Brett I see.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    GB, your still enmored by Brett I see.
    Where the heck have you been, bulldog??

My wife found a friend, going through a divorce, life really sucks at the moment!!!!!!
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Any hotties up in GB?

OMG, I'm so sorry. It's good to see you again though. Defending myself against the other Favre bashers in here just wasn't as fun without you

She said I spent too much time on hee with you people. lol

Any hotties up in GB?
    No, Brett left town. Although Flynn & Jordy are kinda hot.

I'm having a cookout today and you could meet some of my single friends if you want, lol.

She said I spent too much time on hee with you people. lol
    Oh sure....blame us for your downfall !!

I have a date tonight otherwise I'd be there, You can tell them how much of a nice guy I am., lol

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    My wife found a friend, going through a divorce, life really sucks at the moment!!!!!!

I have a date tonight
    That was a quick grieving process!

5 months, is that not enough?

Depends on what she looks like.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    At least we get Favre on Sunday and our Packers on Monday night.. should be a good opening weekend
    hell yeah, who could ask for anything more - some great storylines

GO DOLPHINS! GO PACK!
    You must not be much of a Packer fan if you don't want us to get a better draft pick?
    okay cpk
    Your dig would be more effective against yourself since I would agree with your "Go dolphins" in your original post in the chain. .

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bulldog you big player you, 5 HOURS is more than enough if she pulled that shit. Go on wit yo bad self.

Sorry to hear about that, bulldog. Lots of that going around our neighborhood. The couple two houses to my left got a divorce last year. The wife in the house to my right hooked up with a married guy down the street. Both couples are getting a divorce. Now, the guy in the house to the right has hooked up with the woman two houses to the left. It's like Desperate Housewives around here.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.
    I disagree--despite your comments that I couldn't be a junior high coach. There was a hole in the coverage between the corner and safety. He hit the hole. If he had lead Jennings into the safety but Jennings made a terrific catch, I might agree with you. He didn't. Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?
    If the corner takes a bad angle and the safety can't get over in time, perfect throw, touchdown. It is quite common to hit that against cover 2 but only if the free safety is a little slow footed.

The worst thing about all of
    this is that I have three children. I do worry about how they are goin g to deal with this. Enough of this divorce talk, we have a game on Monday night!!!