Page 142 of 563 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    This isn't that type of game where that would happen. This is the game where he throws for three hundred yards and three T.S.'s and all the hardcore Favre fans come out next week with the "I told you all that he's still great" threads.
    Maybe. We all saw what Drew Brees did to them last weekend.

But it's hard to imagine that the Queens will build a comfortable lead and THEN start to air it out. I think this is the game where Peterson has 30 some carries for 200 some yards and 3 or more TD's, building a HUGE lead, thus warranting more carries. I don't think Chilly is going to put the ball in Favre's hands as much as you'd think, simply because he won't have to. I think he's going to keep it on the ground.
    Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre. He needs the reps with his recievers, and he can do it under game conditions. It's a chance to get him some work with little risk.

By the way, when I wrote "Three T.S.'s" I meant that as "Touchdown Strikes."

Really, I did. Seriously.
    Brad Childress is not Bill Belicheck. If they have a comfortable lead, they keep the ball on the ground and keep the clock running. That's what I think.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

But it's hard to imagine that the Queens will build a comfortable lead and THEN start to air it out. I think this is the game where Peterson has 30 some carries for 200 some yards and 3 or more TD's, building a HUGE lead, thus warranting more carries. I don't think Chilly is going to put the ball in Favre's hands as much as you'd think, simply because he won't have to. I think he's going to keep it on the ground.

I don't see AP getting 30 carries. They're trying to extend his career - not shorten it.
    You're probably right. He likely wont need 30 carries to reach the 200 yard mark anyways. Still, they keep it on the ground. I don't see them airing it out with a comfortable lead. They'll run clock and go home.

This isn't that type of game where that would happen. This is the game where he throws for three hundred yards and three T.S.'s and all the hardcore Favre fans come out next week with the "I told you all that he's still great" threads.

Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre. He needs the reps with his recievers, and he can do it under game conditions. It's a chance to get him some work with little risk.

Brad Childress is not Bill Belicheck. If they have a comfortable lead, they keep the ball on the ground and keep the clock running. That's what I think.
    Like he did a couple years ago when Peterson was chewing up yards against the Pack in the first half and the game was tight, tight tight? And then in the second half Chilly went to Mr. Prime-Time, Tavaris Jackson, and gave Peterson about eight carries in the second half?

You mean like that?

Senior Rat HOFer

Like he did a couple years ago when Peterson was chewing up yards against the Pack in the first half and the game was tight, tight tight? And then in the second half Chilly went to Mr. Prime-Time, Tavaris Jackson, and gave Peterson about eight carries in the second half?

You mean like that?
    Was that the one where Al Harris took out Peterson at the knees, leaving him unavailable for most of the second half?

No, Gun, I dont' think so. It was in September of '07, about the fourth game of the season, in Minnesota. Peterson had only 12 rushing attempts total, and in those twelve attempts, he had 112 yards. The Pack was only up 10-6 at the half, yet in the second half Chilly entrusted Kelly Holcomb with the task of winning the game.

Much second-guessing of Chilly was done after that game, and rightly so, in my opinion.

Senior Rat HOFer
    No, Gun, I dont' think so. It was in September of '07, about the fourth game of the season, in Minnesota. Peterson had only 12 rushing attempts total, and in those twelve attempts, he had 112 yards. The Pack was only up 10-6 at the half, yet in the second half Chilly entrusted Kelly Holcomb with the task of winning the game.

Much second-guessing of Chilly was done after that game, and rightly so, in my opinion.
    Ah now I remember the one you're talking about.

Chilly didn't realize at the time he had the best RB of our generation. He was still a rookie, and Chilly was still treating him like one. It wasn't a case of that one game, it was a recurring theme for that entire season. I have to assume that he's learned something from that season and understands what he has, thus I don't think the strategy will be the same.

Besides, my OP said "If the Queens build a comfortable lead..." and 10-6 is far from comfortable. While I understand your point and where you're going with this, my guess is it'll be closer to 28-3 Vikings by halftime and Favre will be handing the ball off alot to burn clock in the second half.

Yup...I was at that game. I was like, "where is Peterson?" He scared the $hit out of me in the first half.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Apparently he impressed everyone but Chilly.

But Gun has a point. Maybe Chilly has learned his lesson.

Still, I do see him letting Favre get some practice time in once the Vikes are up. This would also allow him to rest Peterson.

I don't see AP getting 30 carries. They're trying to extend his career - not shorten it.
    You're probably right. He likely wont need 30 carries to reach the 200 yard mark anyways. Still, they keep it on the ground. I don't see them airing it out with a comfortable lead. They'll run clock and go home.

Looks like a big day from Chester Taylor.

Senior Rat HOFer

Looks like a big day from Chester Taylor.
    If there was ever a game this season where one could reasonably expect the Vikings to have 2 RB's go over 100 yards...

Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre
    Extended preseason until MNF

Brett sets record for starts at any position; stil amazes me

Im sure Vikes wana get off to a quicker start than Browns game where they were like 3 and out 4 out of first 6 possesions. Also more attn will be placed on protecting Fvare better. They have a youg FB i believewho might get some burn

I agrre its will practice time for the team in general since chemistry stil work in progress. Much like Cincy at Pack

Both 3 and O when MNF kicks off in 2 weeks
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

How did bretts old as look Ras?

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Since I'm here I'll throw out an answer. His timing was better. But he also took a few hits. Vikes started out exactly the same in this game, 3 and outs and behind but made the halftime adjustments and rolled over them in the second half. Lions played well in first half, Stafford-Jones-D. But they came back to earth in the second. And once it was decided they took BF out again.

These early games mean nothing for Bert..healthwise.

It all starts next week with the Niners. Singletary and his boys will be hitting hard.

Let's see how he hold up playing the niners, us, then pitts, baltimore and us again.

Ty predicts by the 2nd GB game, Bert is gonna look worse than Rocky did after Apollo whooped his ass.

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA!!

Bert

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA!

Bert

Quote Originally Posted by mngolf19
    Since I'm here I'll throw out an answer. His timing was better. But he also took a few hits. Vikes started out exactly the same in this game, 3 and outs and behind but made the halftime adjustments and rolled over them in the second half. Lions played well in first half, Stafford-Jones-D. But they came back to earth in the second. And once it was decided they took BF out again.
    Do you know his passer rating? Got more rest huh? Maybe Chilly knows SOMETHING

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Our boy looked good today, and he broke the consecutive start record
    Baah

His rating was 115. He only missed 2 series(2nd was taking knee) as the Lions held the ball for almost the whole 4th qtr. Vikes somewhat prevent and allowing Lions to run out the clock. Chilly has been saying that as soon as he feels comfortable he will be taking Favre out in each game. I'm assuming 4th qtr and at least a 14 pt lead. Of course they were doing that with many players as I saw The Wall out most of 4th as well and some of the DB's too.

His rating was 115. He only missed 2 series(2nd was taking knee) as the Lions held the ball for almost the whole 4th qtr. Vikes somewhat prevent and allowing Lions to run out the clock. Chilly has been saying that as soon as he feels comfortable he will be taking Favre out in each game. I'm assuming 4th qtr and at least a 14 pt lead. Of course they were doing that with many players as I saw The Wall out most of 4th as well and some of the DB's too.
    Who's The Wall? D-line?

Last year I saw nearly every snap of the jets'

A lil harder to follow Minny rt now at least

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Who's The Wall? D-line?

Yes the Williams'.

Vikes seem to be not focused or "oh hey, there's a game going on" during the 1st qtrs so far. They move towards "ok" during 2nd, then seemingly turn it on during the 3rds. Lions actually look to be going in the right direction now. I see good things for them in the future, just not so much this season although they will win a few.

Who's The Wall? D-line?

Yes the Williams'.

Vikes seem to be not focused or "oh hey, there's a game going on" during the 1st qtrs so far. They move towards "ok" during 2nd, then seemingly turn it on during the 3rds. Lions actually look to be going in the right direction now. I see good things for them in the future, just not so much this season although they will win a few.
    Lions no wins till at least week 8 = Rams

Brew Crew in 2011!!!