Page 15 of 563 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

sorry to hear that homie... everything will work out!

I'm looking forward to the Jets game. A part of me wants them to make the playoffs so we get a higher pick and another part of me wants to see him get clobbered.

win/win I guess.

“My first year, he was kind of like, ‘Yeah, he needs to grow up and this and that,’ ” McCarthy said. “I told Brett, ‘You need to give back now. You’re at the point now where you’re older than most the quarterbacks coaches in the league. You can give back, not only to Aaron.’ Brett really embraced that. That’s one of the things you don’t really hear about.”

This was in one of the JS articles. As hard as I can be on Brett, this is one of the things that I appreciate. He's a good guy and a good teammate "at heart if not in action lately". He did some things that I believe hurt the team, but the whole time I think he honestly felt like he was entitled to stay away until he said it was time. To everyone around him it's all about him and he started to believe it. I don't think hsi dad ever stood for that. Even if you have the leeway, you're the leader and you don't take it. You show up and work harder than the lowest scrub. You set the pace. Instead, he lost his dad, listened to those who were hired to kiss his butt and went down this road. I think the Packers did the right thing. I think Brett tried to do the right thing but fell into the trap of stardom, fame and fortune. At the end of the day, I hope he realizes where he errored and just has the best season he can and the best life he can after his career without the little grudges. Life is too short to hate, esspecially when it was you that never should have never put yourself there to begin with.

I hope he has a good season, but more than anything I hope he gets the humility back that makes him so fun to cheer on.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Life is too short to hate
    part of me wants to see him get clobbered.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Instead, he lost his dad, listened to those who were hired to kiss his butt and went down this road.
    Who was hired specifically to kiss his ass? How much is he/she getting paid?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Did I say which part of me wants him to get clobbered?

I didn't, but if you hadn't assumed the worst (which says more about yoruself than me) you could have just asked. In that case, I would have said, "I think he needs a little humility and some hard times might be what are best for him".

So it's tough love. I like Brett Favre, the person. I just think he needs a couple tough lessons a little later in life than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Instead, he lost his dad, listened to those who were hired to kiss his butt and went down this road.
    His agent mostly, but you could include all of the media people he talks to that kiss his butt to get stories or write books. You could include extended family or friends that want to be around him because he's famous. The sentence is a little misphrased when it stands alone. However, in the context of my post I think the stardom, fame and fortune theme was expressed well enough for you not to pick out one, incomplete line the way you did.

Did I say which part of me wants him to get clobbered?

I didn't, but if you hadn't assumed the worst (which says more about yoruself than me) you could have just asked. In that case, I would have said, "I think he needs a little humility and some hard times might be what are best for him".

So it's tough love. I like Brett Favre, the person. I just think he needs a couple tough lessons a little later in life than usual.
    Your opinion, I guess. I just don't see any facts to base your opinion on. You say he needs a little humility and he needs a couple tough lessons.
    You are happy he is no longer a Packer. That's fine, but don't make stuff up or act like you are in some way a judge/jury and can decide how much humility he does or doesn't have or if the guy is in need of a couple tough lessons. The reality is you don't know those things. Seriously, just say you are glad he's gone and leave it at that.

deja vu all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    deja vu all over again
    Dang! You are right........bad me, posting anything about Favre.

Oh wait, deja vu all over again....

It's the Favre thread. Did you take a wrong turn?

I was just repeating a Yogi Berra-ism, I never write my own material, and my commentary was not exactly directed at you, ("you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you ....") it just seems like I took a wrong turn into a two month old thread. Perhaps I fell through a fold in the space-time continuum.

("you're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you ....")
    Stalker! :P

i don't need to stalk you, if i wanted you i could have you any time i wanted just by dropping a hint.

I'm looking forward to the Jets game. A part of me wants them to make the playoffs so we get a higher pick and another part of me wants to see him get clobbered.

win/win I guess.
    So, would a concussion suffice? Ruptured spleen? Or do you just want a lot of hits on him and make him feel his age?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    His agent mostly, but you could include all of the media people he talks to that kiss his butt to get stories or write books. You could include extended family or friends that want to be around him because he's famous. The sentence is a little misphrased when it stands alone. However, in the context of my post I think the stardom, fame and fortune theme was expressed well enough for you not to pick out one, incomplete line the way you did.
    I picked it out because it demonstrates your bias. I get that you want Favre humbled. I just don't see him all that different than he was. Given his history, he's probably going to see himself as at least a little bit bigger than life. That he has a reasonable amount of humility actually impresses me considering the adulation he's received from people kissing his ass (that probably weren't 'hired' for that specific purpose). I think he's had plenty to knock him back to earth. He's still struggling coming to grips with the reality that TT and MM thought the Packers are better without him. It's pretty easy to see that that bothers him more than anything else. Given his comments about how much he hates practicing and almost everything else except playing, I almost suspect that proving TT and MM wrong may be the only thing motivating him - both in a competitive spirit way and with a bit of vindictiveness as well.

It was a good paying gig til some illegals said they would do it for less....now the market is shot, kissing ass is a low paying job.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

i don't need to stalk you, if i wanted you i could have you any time i wanted just by dropping a hint.
    HA - now there's the Harlan that we love...the one who makes us laugh!!

deja vu all over again
    Dang! You are right........bad me, posting anything about Favre.

He's still struggling coming to grips with the reality that TT and MM thought the Packers are better without him.

Maybe MM and TT think about it like I do. Were not better off without him under center for this game. No way. We are better off without all the antics and uncertainty. The offseason will be way better. We theoretically should be better off long term with a more experienced Rodgers.

But were not a better team for it this week.