Page 152 of 531 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper
    Another Angle on The Comeback Kid:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...0&sportCat=nfl

I appreciate all of the things he did for the Pack, but I think the Dune-esque mythbuilding is ridiculous.

I like the first comment: He compares it to elway and one user says "go break down all of elways 47 comebacks and I bet you see the same thing".

In all actuallity, he is probably right.
    That's the key to the whole article - there was never any attempt at relating Favre's comebacks to those of other QBs. Thus, the entire focus of the article is completely pointless. Legends grow in the game of sport because sports figures do great things in great ways, and great reporters, like a Damon Runyan and Grantland Rice add the imagery and soaring language, to sear them into the country's collective consciousness. Having John Facenda blow smoke up your ass doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty
    Having John Facenda blow smoke up your ass doesn't hurt either.
    Trust Ty, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Trust Ty, it does.
    I knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper
    Another Angle on The Comeback Kid:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...0&sportCat=nfl

I appreciate all of the things he did for the Pack, but I think the Dune-esque mythbuilding is ridiculous.

I like the first comment: He compares it to elway and one user says "go break down all of elways 47 comebacks and I bet you see the same thing".

In all actuallity, he is probably right.
    That's the key to the whole article - there was never any attempt at relating Favre's comebacks to those of other QBs. Thus, the entire focus of the article is completely pointless. Legends grow in the game of sport because sports figures do great things in great ways, and great reporters, like a Damon Runyan and Grantland Rice add the imagery and soaring language, to sear them into the country's collective consciousness. Having John Facenda blow smoke up your ass doesn't hurt either.
    Writers like Rice are extinct. When's the last time you've heard language like that?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Trust Ty, it does.
    I knew it.
    What is telling is that you thought it was sexual.

Queen fans kill me. They all laugh at us for feeling bitter towards Favre.

But for argument's sake let suppose this: AP helps bring home a SB and is universally loved by all Queen fans (the thought of that is stomach turning but stay with me here). After a couple of years Chilly gets canned and they bring in a task master HC and AP is uphappy. AP "retires" but then starts doing all the crap Favre has this past year. Queen fans get wind that AP wants to play in GREEN BAY! AP asks for his release but MN instead trades him to an AFC team. AP plays one year there, "retires" yet again but asks that AFC team for his release and they give it to him. Not long after that he goes straight to Wisconsin and 1265.

THIS is why so many fans have no love for Favre today.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pugger - The anger for what went down lasy year is justified but I think it is BS how many cut down his time in GB. The man put in work and gave us many moments like what he gave queens fans last Sunday. Why does that have to be discounted?

It doesn't have to be, and it shouldn't.

He was, above all, an exciting quarterback to watch - often a good kind of excitement, as when he'd stuff a football between three defenders for a touchdown, though sometimes a bad kind of excitement, as when he threw the ball into an opposing linebacker's arms (thank goodness they dropped lots of those surprises).

But often enough it was the good kind - so much so that he's headed to the Hall of Fame. He could be frustrating sometimes, but he did a whole lot of good stuff for this team, and he was tough.

But he's a Viking now, so right now I hope he throws four picks and gets sacked six times and his team gets its ass beat to a purple pulp on Monday night.

Blog Entries
    Fair post Fritzy but I want a shootout. I want it to be ARod vs. Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Why?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2
    Why?
    Same reason I wouldn't fight someone with a broken arm. I want them at their best so there can be no doubt. IF you truly believed in ARod you would want the same. You would want him to walk out of the metrodump victorious and able to say "I beat Brett, not my defense".

If you want A-rod versus Favre then you gotta hope they sign up with the WWF or the WEF or whatever it is these days, because there's gonna be twenty-two on the field, and I hope the eleven in Packer helmets beat the holy hell outta the ones in the purple helmets.

Having said that, I would say that I would be bummed if Favre gets injured and has to leave the game. But I'd be a lot more bummed if A-rod gets injured. A lot more bummed.

Blog Entries
    At least one team can produce an OK Corral shoot-out. The packer D will be primed to stop AP. That leaves our secondary (espec. that one S spot) vulnerable to the Viking passing attack.

You know both ARod and Jennings want to get their thing rolling. If Rodgers gets time, MM will want to take shots at Minny's leaky secondary.

I think a QB battle is one likely scenario, but this game can break a lot of different way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
    At least one team can produce an OK Corral shoot-out. The packer D will be primed to stop AP. That leaves our secondary (espec. that one S spot) vulnerable to the Viking passing attack.

You know both ARod and Jennings want to get their thing rolling. If Rodgers gets time, MM will want to take shots at Minny's leaky secondary.

I think a QB battle is one likely scenario, but this game can break a lot of different way.
    The vikings DBs are something I noticed too. They can be beat and they havent even come across a set like DD and Jennings. Maybe even Jordy and Jones.

Grant is not marquee, vikings have fatboys, fuck it lets air it out. At least that is what I believe will happen. And ARod will hit some bombs. The fireworks will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle2
    Why?
    Same reason I wouldn't fight someone with a broken arm. I want them at their best so there can be no doubt. IF you truly believed in ARod you would want the same. You would want him to walk out of the metrodump victorious and able to say "I beat Brett, not my defense".
    I agree completely but wouldn't it be ironic if then TJack came in and led Vikes to a victory?

Pugger - The anger for what went down lasy year is justified but I think it is BS how many cut down his time in GB. The man put in work and gave us many moments like what he gave queens fans last Sunday. Why does that have to be discounted?
    I think most fans don't discount what BF did for when he played in Green Bay. We should all cherish what he brought to our favorite team. Most fans just can't stomach BF in purple...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I think most fans don't discount what BF did for when he played in Green Bay. We should all cherish what he brought to our favorite team. Most fans just can't stomach BF in purple...

And I had just the opposite reaction Pug!

Well, you got a young Alan Rodgers so you guys will likely be set for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by mngolf19
    I agree completely but wouldn't it be ironic if then TJack came in and led Vikes to a victory?
    Yes it would be, if by ironic you mean bitter and disheartening.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger

And I had just the opposite reaction Pug!

Well, you got a young Alan Rodgers so you guys will likely be set for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Quote Originally Posted by mngolf19
    Yes it would be, if by ironic you mean bitter and disheartening.

That's for damn sure....lol....