Page 153 of 563 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

They said on ESPN that at the end of the game when Favre and Driver hugged the crowd erupted. Sure do miss seeing those two play together!

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Impressive. First he proves last week he still has the magic to make a game winning play and drive, then this week he proves he can still play a complete football game, put the offense on his shoulders, and get it done in a big game.

Yeah, he's still got it. He's a regular Mr. October.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    They said on ESPN that at the end of the game when Favre and Driver hugged the crowd erupted. Sure do miss seeing those two play together!

Baah

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Well, the shoe was really on the other foot last night. I have to admit, when Favre was a Packer and scorching other teams and doing that "aww shucks, I can still play sniff, sniff," routine, It wasn't offensive and could even be kinda funny. But when he just rang us up, it was intolerable. Plus, having Michelle Tofoya stand there licking his gray hairy ass after the game didn't help my mood either. I can't wait for the game in Lambeau - or for that matter the Viking games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I can't wait to see that smug little grin smashed the fuck off his unshaven grill. Favre is really under my skin now. I can't even watch old footage and enjoy it anymore. Shit.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Well, the shoe was really on the other foot last night. I have to admit, when Favre was a Packer and scorching other teams and doing that "aww shucks, I can still play sniff, sniff," routine, It wasn't offensive and could even be kinda funny. But when he just rang us up, it was intolerable. Plus, having Michelle Tofoya stand there licking his gray hairy ass after the game didn't help my mood either. I can't wait for the game in Lambeau - or for that matter the Viking games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I can't wait to see that smug little grin smashed the fuck off his unshaven grill. Favre is really under my skin now. I can't even watch old footage and enjoy it anymore. Shit.

I could only stomach 15 seconds of that interview.

Take heart. They're not paying him $12M for winning in October.

Perspective is a bitch, huh. Now I know why all those Vikings and Bears fans hated Favre all those years. A combination of his play, the annoying drawl, the irritatin smirks and the non-stop fluffing by the media.

Oh, well. We Packer fans had 16 years of following him. I guess it is only fair that the Vikings get a few years.

Impressive. First he proves last week he still has the magic to make a game winning play and drive, then this week he proves he can still play a complete football game, put the offense on his shoulders, and get it done in a big game.

Guy still has it. Still waiting on Rodgers to get whatever the hell he is missing that Favre has. #4 keeps winning, Rodgers keeps the stat padding up while not winning.
    That would be an offensive line, as opposed to a line that's offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey

Guy still has it. Still waiting on Rodgers to get whatever the hell he is missing that Favre has. #4 keeps winning, Rodgers keeps the stat padding up while not winning.
    That would be an offensive line, as opposed to a line that's offensive.
    lol
    Baah

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Truly it is legendary what Favre can pull off sometimes. I'm well over the fact he's a Vike (could care less) and fully like/support ARod. But Favre just has a knack for winning. Maybe it's his shiftiness (avoiding pressure while Arod just loves taking the sacks albeit our OL sucks much ass) but I dunno.

Granted Favre is not known much for postseason heroics...but damn if that guy is not the BIGGEST BIG GAME Reg. Season QB Snake has EVER seen. I gotta give it up to him there. If only he could channel that shit from Sept./October to Dec./Jan./Feb.

All in all, the best game I've seen Favre play in 2 years (I've seen most Jet/Vike games thus far)...and thought his arm fell off. Not in the big Pack/Vike game. Sucks for us.

Hopefully Colledge and Barbre find their jock straps soon, so ARod can win some games and peeps get off his ass and on his nutz like Brett. It's hard to fault Arod when he's running for his frickin' life play after play, yet old man Brett has 8 seconds to find a guy open. Just sucks...that game did (cue Yoda voice)....
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    Truly it is legendary what Favre can pull off sometimes. I'm well over the fact he's a Vike (could care less) and fully like/support ARod. But Favre just has a knack for winning. Maybe it's his shiftiness (avoiding pressure while Arod just loves taking the sacks albeit our OL sucks much ass) but I dunno.
    There was no pressure for Favre to avoid on Monday night. That was a major gaffe that played a big factor in the loss. You don't have to be Brett Favre to make something happen if you typically have 5-7+ seconds in a clean pocket to look around and make a good decision.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    There was no pressure for Favre to avoid on Monday night. That was a major gaffe that played a big factor in the loss. You don't have to be Brett Favre to make something happen if you typically have 5-7+ seconds in a clean pocket to look around and make a good decision.
    LOL. I'm not saying Brett had pressure and not trying to ignite some Brett/Arod shit. They are both great in their own rights...but Favre (even old with shitty OL play in GB) was able to shake off pass-rushers (one his legendary strengths)...He wasn't pressured much at all in this game, no (Favre).. but just saying Favre rarely took sacks in his career...even look at his last few years in GB. He's got a knack for keeping a play open with being able to shake a would-be pass-rusher. That's one of greatest strengths as a great QB and prob. ARod's biggest weakness as a young QB.

ARod needs to throw the ball away (have better instincts when he knows that OL is shaky as all hell as it is)...as I really don't have any other critique of ARod's play, but that is HUGE. Taking those sacks, or running around and making a play will pad your QB stats, but hurt the team when it's 2nd and 17. Favre has always done that. ARod needs to learn that.

Take the incompletion (he does it SOMETIMES, but half the time he's running around like a crazy person, and takes the sack putting the team in a shitty down and distance). Most young QB's do this. That is why Favre is amazing with lesser stats, and ARod has better stats, but a worser team in a nutshell IMO. This is not a diss on ARod, but something he needs to work on...and he better figure that out quick with that ass-bag of an Offensive Line....ASAP.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Senior Rat HOFer
    You're asking Rodgers to be a bit of a gunslinger. That's what Favre was. Yeah, he'd release the ball before being hit, and yeah, many times it would fall incomplete. But other times it would wind up in the hands of Darren Sharper. And at those times I ask myself, which is better, 2nd and 17 for the Packers or 1st and 10 for the Vikings?

Call it what you will, padding stats or keeping games within reason. Turnovers kill a team faster than sacks do. I'd rather AR have 20 sacks and 1 INT than AR have 8 sacks and 5 INT, assuming 7 of those 12 passes under duress would have harmlessly hit the ground. I'd rather take a sack than force a throw to somewhere it shouldn't go.

Really, I'd rather Rodgers get some fucking protection so he doesn't have to make that decision every time he drops back into this so-called "pocket" that we keep hearing about but never ever see.

You're asking Rodgers to be a bit of a gunslinger. That's what Favre was. Yeah, he'd release the ball before being hit, and yeah, many times it would fall incomplete. But other times it would wind up in the hands of Darren Sharper. And at those times I ask myself, which is better, 2nd and 17 for the Packers or 1st and 10 for the Vikings?

Call it what you will, padding stats or keeping games within reason. Turnovers kill a team faster than sacks do. I'd rather AR have 20 sacks and 1 INT than AR have 8 sacks and 5 INT, assuming 7 of those 12 passes under duress would have harmlessly hit the ground. I'd rather take a sack than force a throw to somewhere it shouldn't go.

Really, I'd rather Rodgers get some fucking protection so he doesn't have to make that decision every time he drops back into this so-called "pocket" that we keep hearing about but never ever see.
    I'm not disputing that ARod makes sound decisions...and Snake is NOT advocating ARod heaving it "gunslinger" style either. Throw it out of bounds. Stop running around if you "KNOW" you are gonna get sacked or not make a play. I think Arod is VERY savvy with INT awareness. His INT% is this side of Bernie Kosar. That's cool. I'm not advocating ARod toss it up.

Favre has always had an insane innate ability to "avoid" the rush. ARod is crafty at times to. Favre with his body control...Arod with his feet...

Favre slung it. Arod gets sacked in the end. Just dump the ball off to the coaches on the sideline. No one said ARod should just wing it up? Did they?

Senior Rat HOFer

I'm not disputing that ARod makes sound decisions...and Snake is NOT advocating ARod heaving it "gunslinger" style either. Throw it out of bounds. Stop running around if you "KNOW" you are gonna get sacked or not make a play. I think Arod is VERY savvy with INT awareness. His INT% is this side of Bernie Kosar. That's cool. I'm not advocating ARod toss it up.

Favre has always had an insane innate ability to "avoid" the rush. ARod is crafty at times to. Favre with his body control...Arod with his feet...

Favre slung it. Arod gets sacked in the end. Just dump the ball off to the coaches on the sideline. No one said ARod should just wing it up? Did they?
    Half the time AR is sacked he is still inside the tackle box. He doesn't move out of that box very often unless it's a called rollout. When you're inside that tackle box, the coaches on the sideline are ineligible recievers and you're gonna get flagged for throwing it to them. The only way to get rid of the ball when inside that box is to throw it over a WR's head or throw it at his feet, both which carry that risk of turnover. In those situations it's better to take the sack.

Lord Favre

LOL......
    Much to Tarlam's apparent chagrin, you KNOW I was SO elated to hear how hard Lord was praying at church before the game. He obviously knows where our strength comes from (Psalms 121:1-2)...
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    LOL......
    Much to Tarlam's apparent chagrin, you KNOW I was SO elated to hear how hard Lord was praying at church before the game. He obviously knows where our strength comes from (Psalms 121:1-2)...
    No offense, but aren't you breaking the second and possibly third commandments with your "Lord" references?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Take heart. They're not paying him $12M for winning in October.
    Between the 49er game and this one, I might disagree with you on that.

That interview was among the WorST, bar none, that I have ever seen.

Talk about the game. Talk about his play. Talk about what it's like to have a young talent like AD on your team. Talk about getting on the same page with the receivers. Talk about what it's like to be 4-0, even dust off the old 'how far can this undefeated streak go' question.
    None of those were topics of a the post game interview.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Yeah, except you would be singing a different tune if there was 8 sacks, 5 ints, and a 4-0 record.