Page 154 of 563 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    LOL......
    Much to Tarlam's apparent chagrin, you KNOW I was SO elated to hear how hard Lord was praying at church before the game. He obviously knows where our strength comes from (Psalms 121:1-2)...
    No offense, but aren't you breaking the second and possibly third commandments with your "Lord" references?
    I could be wrong but I dont think I am because its a word not a title...if that makes sense....

I will ask my Pastor
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Amazingly, Monday's game was the highest-rated cable show EVER! Something tells me it had nothing to do with AJ Hawk...

Sorta explains the fact that a sports illustrated poll ranked favre as the most overrated player in NFL; SO much coverage/exposure certainly can draw the ire of other players and ppl in general (a few cats here maybe?).

The poll would surely read differently now after MNF and last second heroics; current poll was taken before week 2!

T.O. and Eli were ranked high as well

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Amazingly, Monday's game was the highest-rated cable show EVER! Something tells me it had nothing to do with AJ Hawk...

Sorta explains the fact that a sports illustrated poll ranked favre as the most overrated player in NFL; SO much coverage/exposure certainly can draw the ire of other players and ppl in general (a few cats here maybe?).

The poll would surely read differently now after MNF and last second heroics; current poll was taken before week 2!

no shit..... highest ever?

THEE FAVRE
    Baah

lord favre

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by gex

no shit..... highest ever?

THEE FAVRE
    I figured it would be the highest rated cable rating EVER way before this game. Wait till the rematch in week 8 on NATIONAL TV. New records there. Here I thought Brett had 'em all...

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...-cable-records

It turns out that ESPN dedicated a week of hype to Brett Favre and the "Monday Night Football" showdown between the Vikings and Packers because that's what the American people wanted to see. [And not just to torture the apparent minority of us who weren't so enamored.]

Monday (Oct. 5) night's gridiron matchup averaged 21.8 million viewers, to go with a 15.3 rating. That represented the biggest audience in cable television history and (not surprisingly) the highest ratings in ESPN's history.

The previous cable viewership record was held by last September's "MNF" game between the Eagles and Cowboys, which drew 18.6 million viewers.

As you might imagine, the "MNF" game was Monday's most watched primetime program in households and viewers, as well as all key male and adult demos.

"Last night's record-setting performance clearly demonstrates that big events on ESPN deliver big audiences with content across all our platforms," says ESPN President George Bodenheimer. "In its 40th season, 'Monday Night Football' remains a special place to showcase the NFL's best."

As it stands now, the three most watched cable programs in history (in total viewers) are now a trio of "MNF" telecasts. Number four? "High School Musical 2," of course.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

I don't know if the game would've been such a draw if it wasn't for the 'revenge' factor. I can't recall another situation like this (an iconic QB retiring and then the public 'divorce' from his old team after 16 yrs and then the 2 teams playing each other in prime time) in the annals of the NFL. There were so many story lines in this game and it was hyped to the max so I'm not surprised to see these ratings. It got so I almost turned off BSPN cuz it was nausiating their love fest for all things Favre. Frankly I'll be happy when the next MN game is behind us no matter who wins. This drama and the rest of this crap is emotionally draining and no fun, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I don't know if the game would've been such a draw if it wasn't for the 'revenge' factor. I can't recall another situation like this (an iconic QB retiring and then the public 'divorce' from his old team after 16 yrs and then the 2 teams playing each other in prime time) in the annals of the NFL. There were so many story lines in this game and it was hyped to the max so I'm not surprised to see these ratings. It got so I almost turned off BSPN cuz it was nausiating their love fest for all things Favre. Frankly I'll be happy when the next MN game is behind us no matter who wins. This drama and the rest of this crap is emotionally draining and no fun, really.

That's been going on for 10-12 years.....did you almost turn it off all those other years for the same reason? I can sympathize, I really can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

That's been going on for 10-12 years.....did you almost turn it off all those other years for the same reason? I can sympathize, I really can.
    I was finally able to understand what my friends have been telling me for years about how annoying it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

You're right, of course. Because he was the Pack's QB we fans didn't notice or dismissed it. While he played in GB most fans ate it up. And we didn't mind the adoration when he played in NY. But now that he is playing for a hated rival it is hard to stomach now.

I've been banging this drum for years. You'd be watching a meaningless preseason game, trying to get a handle on whether that 6th round pick you liked was going to make it as the backup to the backup left guard, and the announcer would be blathering on about the Brett narrative.

Too much myth-making for me.

Great player - not without flaws - headed for the HOF.

But tying an entire television company division - ESPN professional football - to one person is too much.

Lord Favre

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You're right, of course. Because he was the Pack's QB we fans didn't notice or dismissed it. While he played in GB most fans ate it up.
    You know, when his Dad died, it was OK to do the over the top thing, but when ESPN played the Deanna "My Brett..." thing not once, but TWICE during the Packers-Broncos game in '07, I said "ENOUGH." That was unadulterated treacle. I felt empathy for Broncos fans - for BRONCOS FANS! Too much Favre. I stopped watching all that pregame nonsense years ago. It's total bullshit, and now with the shoe on the other foot, it's ten times as painful to listen to the fawning adoration. Brett's shit stinks. That's a fact.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It was kind of cool at first for a GB to get all that attention. Then it became a little embarrassing. Now it's morphed into vomit inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Lord Favre
    Is there a point to the sixth or seventh interation of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    It was kind of cool at first for a GB to get all that attention. Then it became a little embarrassing. Now it's morphed into vomit inducing.
    This whole thing has helped him land an endorsement deal with Sears. Some of his old Wrangler commercials are back on the air too. I miss the Visa commercials from a few years ago. That "monday morning armchair quarterback" ad was really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    Lord Favre
    Same point as when Mobb uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    This whole thing has helped him land an endorsement deal with Sears. Some of his old Wrangler commercials are back on the air too. I miss the Visa commercials from a few years ago. That "monday morning armchair quarterback" ad was really funny.
    The Sears ad is pretty funny. I'm grinning just thinking about it right now.

The Sears ad is pretty funny. I'm grinning just thinking about it right now.
    I don't care for the Sears ad. The concept is funny, and I get that. The gag doesn't get any funnier, though, and it's a pretty long commercial. It's like, "Brent can't make up his mind. Brent still can't make up his mind. And now it's real late and Brent can't make up his mind." It doesn't make me want to buy a TV at Sears.

The Monday morning quarterback was really funny.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Has Deanna put on weight?

Lord Favre
    Same point as when Mobb uses it.
    Yeah right; EXACT same point

Hilarious to me the 1st time i saw it tho

Brew Crew in 2011!!!