Page 16 of 563 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Are we gonna have an Official Jet game day thread?
    Baah

This seems like it could be a good place for it. I could see this thread being a never ending 1000 page thread some day.

Just for you.
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Just for you.

I like Brett Favre. I'm happy to have the Favre conversation. I have some opinions on what went down, but I like having people to disagree with too.

This is a good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    deja vu all over again
    Dang! You are right........bad me, posting anything about Favre.

LOL!!

Love that hair!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    He's still struggling coming to grips with the reality that TT and MM thought the Packers are better without him.

Maybe MM and TT think about it like I do. Were not better off without him under center for this game. No way. We are better off without all the antics and uncertainty. The offseason will be way better. We theoretically should be better off long term with a more experienced Rodgers.

But were not a better team for it this week.
    I agree. MM and TT thought they were better off overall without him. Favre and a lot of other folks - myself included - are thinking the same way you are in that last line. So Favre is thinking 'WTF, I'm better than Arod.' Drives him nuts - would drive me nuts were I in his shoes.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    From the recap:

With the score 7-all and Jets kicker Mike Nugent nursing a thigh injury suffered in the first quarter, the Jets decided to go for a touchdown on fourth-and-13. Under heavy pressure, Favre shrugged off 305-pound defensive end Randy Starks, and as he was sandwiched by two defenders, he threw a dying-quail pass that found an open Chansi Stuckey for the go-ahead touchdown.

"He's a miracle worker," Dolphins fullback Boomer Grigsby said. "He threw that thing in the air and God said, 'Brett Favre will have a touchdown pass.' And he did. That's Brett Favre being Brett Favre."

Favre was, well, just OK. His numbers (15-of-22, 194 yards, two touchdowns) came out fine. But the issue isn't with how he throws the ball. It's his feet.

Favre showed little ability to move in the pocket. Yes, his 22-yard touchdown pass to Chansi Stuckey was vintage Favre, but even on that play he couldn't sidestep the rush; instead he fought past Randy Starks and Channing Crowder to get it off to his wide-open receiver.

Opponents who can more effectively blitz up the middle might cause major problems for Favre. His arm might be ageless. But at a position where short, subtle movements -- like a boxer would make -- are vital, Favre's movement looks much like that of a 38-year-old.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=455012

This analysis from sportingnews was my take watching Favre's first game as a Jet as well. He still hasn't lost the arm, but his movements are getting considerably slower as time moves on. If he were a little more agile in the pocket, he never would have had to shrug off that defender and the fumble would never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by boiga
    Favre was, well, just OK. His numbers (15-of-22, 194 yards, two touchdowns) came out fine. But the issue isn't with how he throws the ball. It's his feet.

Favre showed little ability to move in the pocket. Yes, his 22-yard touchdown pass to Chansi Stuckey was vintage Favre, but even on that play he couldn't sidestep the rush; instead he fought past Randy Starks and Channing Crowder to get it off to his wide-open receiver.

Opponents who can more effectively blitz up the middle might cause major problems for Favre. His arm might be ageless. But at a position where short, subtle movements -- like a boxer would make -- are vital, Favre's movement looks much like that of a 38-year-old.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=455012

This analysis from sportingnews was my take watching Favre's first game as a Jet as well. He still hasn't lost the arm, but his movements are getting considerably slower as time moves on. If he were a little more agile in the pocket, he never would have had to shrug off that defender and the fumble would never have happened.
    wtf are talking about. he sidesteped the defender and got hit from behind. The fumble was just one of those things. I noticed he isn't 100% on the same page with Coles yet, but they will get there. It looks like he likes that Crotchery. I fully expect that offense to get better and better each week...if the D can play at all they will be a tough team.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    wtf are talking about. he sidesteped the defender and got hit from behind. The fumble was just one of those things. I noticed he isn't 100% on the same page with Coles yet, but they will get there. It looks like he likes that Crotchery. I fully expect that offense to get better and better each week...if the D can play at all they will be a tough team.
    Actually, the Jets D seemed more improved than their offense. Jenkins at tackle is a beast for inside pass rush, and that rookie Lowery seems like a gem at CB.

The O sputtered at times (they stunk in the redzone) but they do seem to show the capability to improve.

Still, judging off this weekend's play, I'd put money on the Bills taking the division. The Jets looked like a team moving from pathetic to average while the Bills were dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by boiga
    Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    Actually, the Jets D seemed more improved than their offense. Jenkins at tackle is a beast for inside pass rush, and that rookie Lowery seems like a gem at CB.

The O sputtered at times (they stunk in the redzone) but they do seem to show the capability to improve.

Still, judging off this weekend's play, I'd put money on the Bills taking the division. The Jets looked like a team moving from pathetic to average while the Bills were dominant.
    i agree 100% with everything you said Boiga - I thought all the same things yesterday...and I think that division goes Buffalo - NE without Brady - Jets - Dolphins.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Gotta love that Brett Favre. He never changes much.

"So a couple times I just winged it and I said, 'Hey guys, same play.' They go, 'Ok, ready break.' They say, 'Same play what?'"

Senior Rat Veteran
    Well we all know a QB rating of 126 is just an OK day. I expect nothing less than 250 for A-Rod tonight, wait isn't 158.3 perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by prsnfoto
    Well we all know a QB rating of 126 is just an OK day. I expect nothing less than 250 for A-Rod tonight, wait isn't 158.3 perfect?
    I'm all about the Brett thread and conversation etc, but do you post about any other Packer-related topics? Or just Brett?

At work today people asked me if it bothered me watching Favre in a different uniform. It really didn't because I was happy to be watching him play again yesterday. I'm happy for the Packer win tonight and happy Rodgers looked strong....BUT it was really rough to watch a Packer game without old #4 out there. It just didn't seem right. I guess it will take a few games to get used to it.

Brett who?

Well, another Sun. is fast approaching, Favre did good for my FF team last weak, I think he will put up some good (not great) #'s vs the Pats this weak also.
    Man it sure was fun having 2 teams to root for last weak, I'm glad the games are not on at the same time this Sunday.
    Baah

If Favre had gone to the Bears, would you be a Bears fan?

I don't quite see why people are Jets fans. I can understand that you want Favre to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    If Favre had gone to the Bears, would you be a Bears fan?

I don't quite see why people are Jets fans. I can understand that you want Favre to do well.
    A #1 pick in the draft is the only real reason you need to be a Jets fan this season. That you respect Favre's accomplishments and love watching him play is just icing.

The Bears fan question is disingenuous. TT would never let Favre go within the division as the trade agreement with the Jets clearly demonstrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd
    The Bears fan question is disingenuous. TT would never let Favre go within the division as the trade agreement with the Jets clearly demonstrates.
    Maybe so, but quite a few people here argued that he should be released so he could go where he wanted, which would have been MN.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.