Page 17 of 563 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

If Favre had gotten his release, as the Ultimate Favre Fans wanted, I really doubt the Packers would have beaten Minnesota monday night.

Essay question for UFFs: would the loss be worth the satisfaction of rubbing it into the noses of Packer management?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I said it before and I'll say it again. With respect to Favre wanting a free release to sign with the Bears or the Vikings: FUCK FAVRE. I didn't want to see Favre in a Viking Uni rubbing our noses in it, which I agree would have happened Monday night. Thank goodness TT put the team above Favre. Both sides had some bad moments during the Favre saga, but the best outcome is that it's highly unlikely that we'll ever have to put up with Favre rubbing it in our face. I say this: you are not a true Packer fan if you wanted Favre, in a Bears or Viking uni, coming into Lambeau and beating the Packers. I shouldn't even have to write that.

Senior Rat Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I said it before and I'll say it again. With respect to Favre wanting a free release to sign with the Bears or the Vikings: FUCK FAVRE. I didn't want to see Favre in a Viking Uni rubbing our noses in it, which I agree would have happened Monday night. Thank goodness TT put the team above Favre. Both sides had some bad moments during the Favre saga, but the best outcome is that it's highly unlikely that we'll ever have to put up with Favre rubbing it in our face. I say this: you are not a true Packer fan if you wanted Favre, in a Bears or Viking uni, coming into Lambeau and beating the Packers. I shouldn't even have to write that.
    I don't know anyone who wanted that to happen but some thought Favre was screwed and wanted him to get what HE wanted. On a side note I was at the game Monday and very glad my boss has season tickets and gave them to me for face cause I ain't never seen tickets to a home opener much less a Viking game go so cheap people were selling sets of 4 for face an hour before gametime and less than face right before the game. Those that paid $500 must be real happy. The atrium was not hopping the pro shop was slow in the end this move that us "favre lovers" hated may turn out much more economic than the team suffing bad seasons. I was very impressed with Rodger's play and hopefully he wins the hearts and minds of the vendors,bars, and fans who are suffering $ losses one thing is for sure this forum does not represent the true feelings of the Packer faithful many are still angry when you talk to them. Oh and for all the mighty TT lovers if this wasn't personal on both sides try to find anything that pertains to #4 ever existing at Lambeau he has been wiped clean as though he was never there except in the bowl where his jersey still was worn by a landslide majority. One thing is for sure Rodgers did a lot towards winning me over Monday I hope it continues. GO PACK!

Senior Rat HOFer
    My "beef" has never been with Rodgers one bit.. it was the fact that Favre wanted to play, he is our greatest packer, and we basically treated him like poo... thats where my problem begins and end in the whole saga

Can one of you old computer guys write a bit of code for me that endlessly loops the "Ted treated Favre like poo," line with "Favre treated the team like poo" line.

Then I can dig up a Commodore 64 and watch that loop over and over again. For extra credit, please animate a Figure alternately poo-ing on a big "G" and then the number "4".

GIGO
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    My "beef" has never been with Rodgers one bit.. it was the fact that Favre wanted to play, he is our greatest packer, and we basically treated him like poo... thats where my problem begins and end in the whole saga
    Can you accept the fact that TT and MM don't agree that he is the best option at QB? They're paid to make that decision. I personally thought Favre was the best option, but he did blah blah blah ......

Hey, has anyone here ever seen that Oxyclean guy selling health insurance? Now, I understand that people need less expensive health insurance, but are you gonna buy it from the guy who sells magic putty????

Senior Rat HOFer
    Can you accept the fact that TT and MM don't agree that he is the best option at QB? They're paid to make that decision. I personally thought Favre was the best option, but he did blah blah blah ......

Hey, has anyone here ever seen that Oxyclean guy selling health insurance? Now, I understand that people need less expensive health insurance, but are you gonna buy it from the guy who sells magic putty????

Why do I have to accept it? Thats the part I don't get... I can support the Packers and not agree with what or how they handled something.. its exactly what I'm doing now and I feel that a lot of people are doing the same..

Why do I have to accept it? Thats the part I don't get... I can support the Packers and not agree with what or how they handled something.. its exactly what I'm doing now and I feel that a lot of people are doing the same..

Why do they say clocks run? Does the sun really 'set?' Is it racist to say 'Irish setter?'

And Favre treated the Packers like poo. Alls fair in love and war....

If the Pack and Jets play at the same time, I don't think you'd find these results...IMO

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/.../80911086/1978

Favre-led Jets may rate higher here than in NYC

BY WARREN GERDS • wgerds@greenbaypressgazette.com • September 11, 2008

Brett the Jet has made a ripple in Green Bay’s TV ratings.

It’s not definitive, but signs point to Jets ratings being higher in the Green Bay market than New York.

Locally, Packers games still are the champ.

“Typically, a Packers game in the Green Bay market has a 55 to 60 rating,” said R. Perry Kidder, general manager of WFRV-TV, Channel 5, which is carrying all the Jets games it can this season by way of CBS.

The numbers mean 55 to 60 percent of households in the market tune to the Packers.

For Sunday’s Jets-Miami Dolphins game, Brett Favre’s first regular-season start as a Jet, these are the Nielsen numbers:

# New York: 12.6 rating, 30 share (or of sets turned on, 30 percent were tuned to the Jets; a 70 to 80 share for Packers games is not unheard of in the Green Bay market).

# Miami: 23 rating, 41 share.

# Green Bay: Unknown. The market next will be measured in November. Last November, one AFC game on WFRV – New England-Indianapolis – drew a 22 rating and 47 share, Kidder said.

The closest metered market is Milwaukee, which registered a 20.9 rating and 43 share for the Jets-Dolphins game.

“Typically, if you take the Milwaukee football rating, be it the Packers or an AFC game, we deliver about a 40 or 50 percent higher number in the Green Bay market,” Kidder said.

“That gives you an idea of what kind of numbers we expect that that game delivered.”

More viewers saw the game in New York and Miami because there are more people in those markets.

But in TV ratings and share terms, “the Jets-Miami game in this market outdelivered what it delivered in the two home markets, New York and Miami,” Kidder said.

When Favre landed in New York, WFRV asked CBS to send Jets games to this market – and the station raised its advertising rates for those games.

“As far as the revenue goes, the only thing I can say about that is that the rates, as they always do, went up with accordance to the audience,” Kidder said.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Can you accept the fact that TT and MM don't agree that he is the best option at QB?
    I dont neccesarily agree with that, talent wise, he proved he still had it, and i honestly belive he still has an edge on Rodgers. But TT and MM agree'd that given the circumstances, the antics made the descsion

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Life is too short to hate
    part of me wants to see him get clobbered.
    Did I say which part of me wants him to get clobbered?

I didn't, but if you hadn't assumed the worst (which says more about yoruself than me) you could have just asked. In that case, I would have said, "I think he needs a little humility and some hard times might be what are best for him".

So it's tough love. I like Brett Favre, the person. I just think he needs a couple tough lessons a little later in life than usual.
    Your opinion, I guess. I just don't see any facts to base your opinion on. You say he needs a little humility and he needs a couple tough lessons.
    You are happy he is no longer a Packer. That's fine, but don't make stuff up or act like you are in some way a judge/jury and can decide how much humility he does or doesn't have or if the guy is in need of a couple tough lessons. The reality is you don't know those things. Seriously, just say you are glad he's gone and leave it at that.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Looks like interesting clips coming up on NFL Network in a few minutes by Mooch regarding anatomy of Favre trade for any Favre fans that might be interested

I think everyone has the right to an opinion here. I'm more than happy to express mine (and listen to others) and don't appreciate those trying to silence it because they don't agree like 007 did above.

I think everyone has the right to an opinion here. I'm more than happy to express mine (and listen to others) and don't appreciate those trying to silence it because they don't agree like 007 did above.

Well I understand that double Os have a very short life expectancy.....so your unease will be short-lived.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

WATCH THE JETS GAME LIVE ONLINE
    http://www.justin.tv/mrwhite51585

same old, same old...Jet QB.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    If Favre had gotten his release, as the Ultimate Favre Fans wanted, I really doubt the Packers would have beaten Minnesota monday night.
    Reality: put BF in the NFC championship game...at Lambeau vs Giants...you tell me what the score was again !
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Shes not trying to silence you, its that you've constantly expressed your same opinion numerous amounts of time and, it gets old.
    the day that you got unbanned, your posts were alright, but it seems like you've gotten back into your old habits.

Why doesn't this surprise me! Our local NBC station was just talking about this on tonight's news.

http://www.myjetpackjersey.com