Page 177 of 563 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I'll post this question yet again - Why did he retire in the first place? Was he that unhappy with the management style of TT and the coaching of MM?

Yes. He hated Ted Thompson's style with a passion and never felt welcomed by him from the get go.

If he says he wanted TT to get veterans so the team would be a winner then he's a goofball. Why would a guy who just played in the NFC Championship game a couple of weeks earlier QUIT on that team? I'm sure MM asked BF to make a decision before the draft and this isn't an unreasonable request. Did BF feel he was being pushed to make a decision? Nonsense. One would think if he wanted to win in Green Bay there wouldn't be any question that he'd be back.

Brett Favre wanted veterans cuz he knew this was what the youngest team in the league was missing. He knew if they added a few missing pieces that this team was on the rise but it goes back to TT's style of building a team and Brett Favre was done doing it that way.

This is why I believe he has wanted out of Green Bay ever since TT and MM came on the scene. I believe had he not retired and came back in 2008 he would've been our starting QB and none of this shit would've happened.

Ur ending is what u feel or believe, I get that, but it really all stems from him not wanting to deal with an organization that wasnt trying to win now.. see 2006,2008, and 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Further evidence: He did the same thing to the Jets.
    Yeah, that shoulder thing was all fake.
    Nah, but it sure didn't stop him from suiting up with the Vikings.

Why did he ask to be released outright instead of just retiring? It is almost as if he was expecting to come back and play for another team...
    1. He didn't want to play for the jets to begin with, so if he could get out of it then sweet. The jets did not have to outright release him, they did so because they too were done with brett. Mangini was gone, new coaching staff, time for a new era.

2. He said pretty much from the get go that he wasn't sure, so the release gave him the opportunity to go where he wants to go if he does want to play. The "second retirement" was pretty much a joke. Everyone knew it, no real presser about it. He was hurt, didn't know if he could recover well enough to play again, asked for release and got it. He asked the packers for the same thing and got traded instead.

It's to bad TT didn't just man up and trade him to the Vikes in the first place....Chilly would have given a couple of 1st round picks for him.

IMO Favre had every intention of playing for the Vikings from the end of the Jets season on. Why else would he have booked a block of hotel rooms for the weekend of the Packer-Viking game while STILL ON THE JETS TEAM?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234

Why did he ask to be released outright instead of just retiring? It is almost as if he was expecting to come back and play for another team...
    1. He didn't want to play for the jets to begin with, so if he could get out of it then sweet. The jets did not have to outright release him, they did so because they too were done with brett. Mangini was gone, new coaching staff, time for a new era.

2. He said pretty much from the get go that he wasn't sure, so the release gave him the opportunity to go where he wants to go if he does want to play. The "second retirement" was pretty much a joke. Everyone knew it, no real presser about it. He was hurt, didn't know if he could recover well enough to play again, asked for release and got it. He asked the packers for the same thing and got traded instead.
    Nice spin job.

Especially love the part about "no real presser" about the "second retirement."

P.S. Don't you love the favre guys. Typing which "retirement" it was. Can't believe they can do that with a straight face.

Bert and Jay Z battling it out for most career retirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    It's to bad TT didn't just man up and trade him to the Vikes in the first place....Chilly would have given a couple of 1st round picks for him.
    It just woulda thrown more pressure on TT though. If he had gotta a couple 1st rounders, and he misses on the draft picks, his name is in even more mud.

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce
    Ur ending is what u feel or believe, I get that, but it really all stems from him not wanting to deal with an organization that wasnt trying to win now.. see 2006,2008, and 2009.
    I think you missed a year.

Bert had a successful 07. What EXACTLY made him feel that the 08 season was being approached differently than 07?

It just woulda thrown more pressure on TT though. If he had gotta a couple 1st rounders, and he misses on the draft picks, his name is in even more mud.
    I don't understand where people get the idea the Vikings would have given up the farm for Favre. No way for that aged QB.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    I don't understand where people get the idea the Vikings would have given up the farm for Favre. No way for that aged QB.
    Teams that feel they are close to winning it all often do things like that. But, I doubt multiple firsts as well.

But, with the Vikes, Freak does have history on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger
    I'll post this question yet again - Why did he retire in the first place? Was he that unhappy with the management style of TT and the coaching of MM? If he says he wanted TT to get veterans so the team would be a winner then he's a goofball. Why would a guy who just played in the NFC Championship game a couple of weeks earlier QUIT on that team? I'm sure MM asked BF to make a decision before the draft and this isn't an unreasonable request. Did BF feel he was being pushed to make a decision? Nonsense. One would think if he wanted to win in Green Bay there wouldn't be any question that he'd be back. This is why I believe he has wanted out of Green Bay ever since TT and MM came on the scene. I believe had he not retired and came back in 2008 he would've been our starting QB and none of this shit would've happened.
    Favre: I was not pushed into retiring. This decision is entirely my own.

time passes...

Favre: I felt forced into retiring.

time passes...

Favre: They didn't try hard enough to get me back.

Not to mention:

Favre: They tricked me into coming back by promising to resign either Wahle or Rivera. (Facts show that he didn't announce his decision until after both of them were signed elsewhere).

My take:
    For whatever reason, Favre didn't "like" TT and MM, so he wanted out of GB. He couldn't own up to it, so he plays games to try to force the Packers to get rid of him so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

Some people say some real goofball shit, but this takes the cake.
    Hey, I could be wrong. I posted it to get different perspectives. So far I've gotten nothing intelligent.

I agree with you. But then again I'm not smitten with Wrangler lust.

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234

Good post.
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Honestly who gives a shit?
    I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

If you are a Packer fan you root for the Packers, Favre said it himself. Favre will always be remembered for his 16 years in Green Bay and one year in Minnesota shouldn't change the impact that he made on the Green Bay Packers.

Go a head and be bitter all you want. I don't think he cares. I will tell you this either Favre is a really good actor, or the impact of not playing in the Green and Gold got to him when he was tending to Greg Jennings on the sideline. I know Scott Campbell will take his shot at this, but regardless of the critizism of Favre as a bad teammate that the media ran with the last year or so, he did and still cares about his former teammates in Green Bay.
    Brett said it. Are you gonna root for the packers or are you rooting Bert?
    Lets see...

I'm going to cheer for BRETT

And this weekend I got my tickets for the Packer/Bear game at Soldier Field for Dec. 13th

You decide Einstein.
    The question was were you rooting for the pack or for Bert. Simple question. Stop evading it.

Did you root for the pack or for Bert in the game.

C'mon, you can say it.
    Yep, I was rooting for Brett on Sunday. And I was disappointed Packer fans boo'd him. I knew there would be some when he came out on the field, but I didn't expect to hear it throughout the whole first quarter. Here's the thing though, it wasn't just that they were boo'ing someone who gave them everything he had for 16 years, it was more so that Packer fans have always taken pride in being the greatest fans...the friendliest fans, etc. and I felt a little embarrassed by all the boo'ing. I personally think boo'ing a player....any player is wrong (unless they do something like Sapp did and hurt another player in the manner in which he did). Just my opinion.

Why feel a little embarrassment? I had forgotten about this until I was watching the game on Sunday, but I remember when Favre broke the TD record vs the Vikings and the whole Metrodome stood and cheered for him. I remember thinking how great it was that football fans could step out of the box and cheer for a QB's great accomplishment regardless of the uniform he was wearing...even if it was a rival team.

To each their own on the whole boo'ing thing...I'm just saying it's not for me. I was happy to see some Packer fans holding up signs in support of Favre on Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a lot more Packer fans out there that feel the way I do.

But anyway, pretty excited about those Packer/Bear tickets we got for 12/13. It will be brrrr cold in Chicago but they are good seats and can't wait to go!

? HOFer
    Well said, 007.

Also, well said to Deion. He is calling it exactly like it is. I can respect that.

Sad to think that Wisconsinites boo'd Favre when Viking's fans stood up and showed class and cheered when he set the record. Really, really disgusting how classless it was to boo him.

OK, if you saw Favre "blow" his nose w/o a tissue (lol) on Sunday this is funny... kinda gross, but funny w/ the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbk2BXEWEWg

Nice of you to admit that you rooted for Favre over the packers. Now you can finally move to becoming a vikes fan.

Wow. All that booing sounds traumatic for you. Must have been quite a shocker to come face to face with reality.

Well, ty thought the stories you made up regarding Favre....well showed signs of delusion, but now this....can even being to figure out the massive rationalizations in your head.

Have you always had the ability to discern the thoughts and emotions behind fan's boos?

I'm sure the Bear's game will be fun for you. Have you decided who you will be rooting for? The pack is the team in the green and gold.

? HOFer
    Nice of you to admit that you rooted for Favre over the packers. Now you can finally move to becoming a vikes fan.

Wow. All that booing sounds traumatic for you. Must have been quite a shocker to come face to face with reality.

Well, ty thought the stories you made up regarding Favre....well showed signs of delusion, but now this....can even being to figure out the massive rationalizations in your head.

Have you always had the ability to discern the thoughts and emotions behind fan's boos?

I'm sure the Bear's game will be fun for you. Have you decided who you will be rooting for? The pack is the team in the green and gold.
    You're such a prick. This is completely unnecessary.

I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

And so did everybody who booed.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial

You're such a prick. This is completely unnecessary.
    I'm sure the 007 is quite capable of replying, she doesnt' need your help.

Your comment is not necessary.